You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

UFC

Rex Banner

On 02/02/2020 at 00:09, belarus said:

Ultimately where the punters put their money determines the odds though. Doesn’t it? Or is that just the horses?

Yeah that's how it works.

Not the best of odds Lee but hopefully that'll increase once the UFC embedded comes into play and people start thinking about that fight.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Yeah

I'm working so will be only half watching a couple of fights. Can't see past Jones and Shevchenko. 

Fights for next 8 weeks is nice

Dan Hooker vs Paul Felder in a few weeks should be brilliant 

I'm enjoying the UFC more than boxing at the moment, quality match ups on a regular basis.

2 minutes ago, moof said:

Looked a bit old didn’t he? Still an unbelievably good fighter. Reyes is a beast, really impressive 

I wasn't overly impressed with Reyes when I've seen him previously but he showed his level last night, loved the way he had a go at Jones and didn't freeze like the majority of fighters who face him do.

Thought Reyes clearly won rounds 1,2,3. 

The scoring from one judge in particular wasn't dreadful last night. Unsurprisingly he gave Jones 4 rounds. He also was the judge that said James Krause didn't win R1 in his fight, a round where he had the back of his opponent for over 3 mins and was very close to getting a choke on multiple occasions. 

Rogan even called him out on the prelims fir talking to another commission member and not watching the fight

Oh and Shevchenko has a case as the greatest female if all time

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Thought Reyes clearly won rounds 1,2,3. 

The scoring from one judge in particular was dreadful last night. Unsurprisingly he gave Jones 4 rounds. He also was the judge that said James Krause didn't win R1 in his fight, a round where he had the back of his opponent for over 3 mins and was very close to getting a choke on multiple occasions. 

Rogan even called him out on the prelims fir talking to another commission member and not watching the fight

Oh and Shevchenko has a case as the greatest female if all time

Fixed that

Obviously meant was dreadful

Can definitely make a case for that. I thought round 1 was clear for Reyes, 4,5 for Jones and 2 and 3 were up for grabs. I gave 2 for Jones and 3 for Reyes. 

Jones looked tired, I don’t know if he’s slowing down or what but the Santos fight and this he didn’t really look like himself. 

As for this matchup. I don’t know if Reyes can fight better than he did here, I’d back jones to finish it if they ever rematch