You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

UFC

Rex Banner

2 minutes ago, Elite said:

Is Glory still going? I don't watch MMA outside of UFC to be honest, Bellator has the odd good fighter but no depth at all.

Glory on now. Oy a couple of fights left but main event is Ricco Verhoeven and Badr Hari. 

Bellator has just lost Rory Mcdonald to the PFL too. One FC is worth watching at times, quality not as high overall but some fun fights and they do K1 and Muay Thai in a cage. And it's free on YouTube or the App

2 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Glory on now. Oy a couple of fights left but main event is Ricco Verhoeven and Badr Hari. 

Bellator has just lost Rory Mcdonald to the PFL too. One FC is worth watching at times, quality not as high overall but some fun fights and they do K1 and Muay Thai in a cage. And it's free on YouTube or the App

Do you remember Bonjasky? That was my introduction to fight sports apart from boxing, used to twat everyone in K1 on Eurosport.

3 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Ah, must be something else. I put Fight Pass on my IPTV and it was two blokes rolling around on a mat in the middle of an indoor basketball court.

That might be the grappling from the other day. This is Glory Collision 2, main event on next

9 minutes ago, Elite said:

Do you remember Bonjasky? That was my introduction to fight sports apart from boxing, used to twat everyone in K1 on Eurosport.

Yeah Remy was the man back in the early 00. I seen most of the K1 events before going back to Peter Aerts, Ernesto Hoost, LeBanner. 

Even Mark Hunt as a iron jawed fucker walking through everything. 

Loved it back in the day though I always preferred K1 Max(154lb) with Buakaw, Masato, Sauwer, Petrosyan, John Wayne Parr etc

29 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Yeah Remy was the man back in the early 00. I seen most of the K1 events before going back to Peter Aerts, Ernesto Hoost, LeBanner. 

Even Mark Hunt as a iron jawed fucker walking through everything. 

Loved it back in the day though I always preferred K1 Max(154lb) with Buakaw, Masato, Sauwer, Petrosyan, John Wayne Parr etc

Did Bonjasky never make the transition to MMA?

10 minutes ago, Elite said:

Was never impressed with Cro-Cop to be honest, think his best days were prior to the UFC 

Cro Cop was a top 3 or 4 Heavyweight at one point but it was a terrible era and unlucky for him he was in Pride and not the UFC. He would have batter Sylvia, Arlovski, Rizzo at that time. I think he'd had done Randy aswell as he had good take down defense and would twat him standing. Unlucky for him Pride had Fedor and Big Nog and even his roids couldn't help

1 minute ago, Lee909 said:

Yeah its hard not to like Masvidal, came up the hard way and more than paid his dues. He has always been very good but i have to admit i never saw this coming. Can't see him getting past Usman but i hope he does

Yeah he won't beat Usman and I don't think he'd beat Colby either. A fight with McGregor would make the most sense for him for the BMF belt.

I'd like to see that

Could not see Conor taking that, same way Conor wants nothing to do with a Poirier rematch of Gathje. 

Conor power has not really travelled up from 145 with him. Alvarez has always been droppable, it was impressive but Eddie has been knocked down a fair few times. I don't see Conor knocking any of them out and we have seen that he is breathing out his arse by the middle of the fight and all three of them would just overwhelm him imho.

Conor has put some fucking size on for this Cowboy fight though, Cowboys only hope is to drag him to the 4th round and i dont see it happening. Its a opponent hand picked for Conor, still has a name, its still competitive but also a fighter with a 4-6 record in his last 10 fights including 4 defeats by KO

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

I'd like to see that

Could not see Conor taking that, same way Conor wants nothing to do with a Poirier rematch of Gathje. 

Conor power has not really travelled up from 145 with him. Alvarez has always been droppable, it was impressive but Eddie has been knocked down a fair few times. I don't see Conor knocking any of them out and we have seen that he is breathing out his arse by the middle of the fight and all three of them would just overwhelm him imho.

Conor has put some fucking size on for this Cowboy fight though, Cowboys only hope is to drag him to the 4th round and i dont see it happening. Its a opponent hand picked for Conor, still has a name, its still competitive but also a fighter with a 4-6 record in his last 10 fights including 4 defeats by KO

He'll batter Cowboy. 

I really don't see the point of giving McGregor another shot at Khabib, which seems to be the plan (unless Ferguson beats Khabib). As Khabib will just completely dominate him again.

• Upvote 1

Young British lad heading One FC next week. Its not MMA but Muay Thai rules, MMA gloves in a cage. It's viscous as fuck. One cards are great and free on the app or YouTube later. 

Jonathan Haggerty

Check out the elbow at the one minute mark

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Welsh said:

McGregor seems alot more chilled these days. Watched a few of his interviews and the embedded episodes.

Let's see how long it lasts.

Other than saying 

Khabib scared of him

He wants Paquiao in boxing 

He will be a boxing World champion 

Still talking nonsense but not being a complete arse hole but then he won't get a reaction from Cowboy 

He wins this easily either way. 

Then the hype train starts and the fact Cowboy has won 4 of his last 10 and ko'd 4 times in the 6 defeats