You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

UFC

Rex Banner

3 hours ago, Duff Man said:

Can't wait for Holloway vs Volkanovski. Going to be a bit special, I think. Have next to no interest in Covington vs Usman, though.

Yeah that's a great fight.

I'm intrigued with Colby v Usman, it might be a bit dull but it'll be interesting to see whose the best wrestler at Welterweight.

Looking forward to this one. But Dana opening his mouth has reminded me why I don't care as much anymore

Dana

If Khabib gets through Tony and Conor gets past Cowboy they'll rematch 

Because getting your arse handed to you, sitting out two years and beating a shot Cowboy(4-6 last 10, 4blosses by KO) at welterweight is legit credentials for a title shot 

15 minutes ago, Duff Man said:

Yeah he definitely doesn't deserve a rematch on that alone (although I don't agree Cowboy's shot). Still, as long as we actually get Khabib vs Tony, I'm not too arsed what happens after.

Tony still has his skills but imo his chin is shot. It's getting easier and easier to take him out. It's like Chucks later years but with the skill still intact

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Tony still has his skills but imo his chin is shot. It's getting easier and easier to take him out. It's like Chucks later years but with the skill still intact

Yeah, it's definitely degraded, and he is easier to finish with punches these days, but I wouldn't say it's completely gone like Chuck's was.

I'm actually quite looking forward to it, anyway. It's a great style matchup, and it'd be fucking hilarious if Cerrone got the finish.

43 minutes ago, Welsh said:

Great card last night and happy with all the winners. I really like Max but it's nice to have a new champion every now and again.

Glad Colby lost as well but fair fucks for carrying on with a broken jaw! Stoppage was definitely correct.

I'm glad Holloway lost, not disputing his ability but he's 6'1 fighting at Featherweight so has a massive advantage especially when he's fight 5'6 guys. Volkanowski was impressive.

I don't see anyone beating Usman at Welterweight now, Colby had the best chance and he got stopped.

Delighted that the race baiting prick got his jaw busted. Said earlier I don't buy his shit for a minute, he isn't the 'character' he pretends to be and playing the Trump/race/nationalist card is the lowest of the low. 

Running from the cage at the end too, Forest Griffin mark 2

19 minutes ago, Welsh said:

To be fair, Colby admitted that he made up the character as UFC were about to cut him and that's how the infamous Brazil interview came about.

He's such a prick.

I know it's not him, but playing to that crowd in this day and age isn't particularly palatable. Mind you when the guy running the show is a money driven Trump loving bellend with a history of one rule for one its not a surprise. 

I actually love his fighting style but that a shitty Character to play. At least Sonnen had a element of tongue in cheek humour about him

It's a brainless, lazy character isnt it? No creativity just insults. 

Like you said though, whilst Dana is running the show people like him will be about unfortunately. Just look at Dana saying that if McGregor beats Ceronne then he'll get a title shot ffs, absolutely disgusting.

Just watched the whole card. Some brutal finishes. That was impressive from Zombie. Ref deffo taking Frank ie history into not stopping it, he was done early. Colby must be sitting at home, drinking his dinner through a straw and thinking where was that last week