You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

UFC

Rex Banner

21 minutes ago, Duff Man said:

It's USADA who dole out the suspensions, isn't it? Anyway, it seems Diaz hasn't actually been suspended for the fight, despite the abnormal findings, and the decision as to whether it goes ahead or not is with him.

Sorry, my post was confusing.

yes USADA hand out the suspensions but for Nate to have been found to have whatever "illegal" substance in his body and for UFC to then say keep it quiet to Nate just so he can fight shows that UFC keep who they want and ban who they want.

Nick Diaz was a nightmare for them years ago and he was treated awfully by UFC because they couldn't control him and that was a good way of them getting rid of him.

Nick Diaz was banned for smoking marijuana ffs.

18 minutes ago, Welsh said:

Sorry, my post was confusing.

yes USADA hand out the suspensions but for Nate to have been found to have whatever "illegal" substance in his body and for UFC to then say keep it quiet to Nate just so he can fight shows that UFC keep who they want and ban who they want.

Nick Diaz was a nightmare for them years ago and he was treated awfully by UFC because they couldn't control him and that was a good way of them getting rid of him.

Nick Diaz was banned for smoking marijuana ffs.

Nick's ban was pre-USADA, wasn't it? It was the NSAC being, well, the NSAC, and just arbitrarily pulling a 5 year suspension out of their arse. Not sure the UFC imposed any ban at all.

I get what you're saying, though, it seems as if USADA are just making this shit up as they go along.

I suppose if they know this trace amount of SARM has no performance enhancing effect, they can clear him to fight. But if that's the case, why notify anyone at all? Either it is or it isn't. This halfway house of 'elevated levels but not performance enhancing' just reeks of bullshit/incompetence.

We've got another abnormal tomorrow, 1pm start because it's on in Singapore. 

Demian Maia's Jiu-Jitsu Vs Ben Askren's wrestling. 

Will be interesting if you're into the grappling side of the sport, doubt there will be a knockout though unless Askren decides to headbutt Maia's knee. 

Maia's last 3 losses were against the current top 3 ranked welterweights, who were all known for having good wrestling background, the difference is those three used the wrestling to stop takedowns keep it on the feet and to win the fight through striking. Askren used his wrestling to take Maia down but always looked in trouble immediately afterwards. 

Hard to see where Askren goes from here, his wrestling is great but so are the top 3, and all of those have better striking than he does. 

He just doesn't seem to have the skill set to compete with the ufc welterweights. 

57 minutes ago, Duff Man said:

Strange that Walker Anderson is on the prelims. Swap that with the Lewis fight and you've got an absolute banger of a main card.

I agree, though Lewis can be great fun.

Do you bet on MMA because a 5 fight ACCA on the main card pays brilliantly no matter who you pick such is the competitive match making.

2 minutes ago, Elite said:

I agree, though Lewis can be great fun.

Yeah but only for about 10 seconds of the fight. The rest of the time he's blowing out of his arse.

7 minutes ago, Elite said:

Do you bet on MMA because a 5 fight ACCA on the main card pays brilliantly no matter who you pick such is the competitive match making.

No, not usually, but might do now you mention it. Fucked if I know who to pick for Lee Gillespie, though.