You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

UFC

Rex Banner

Just now, moof said:

Adesanya is something special

I'm not fully on board just yet, he went life and death with Gastelum in his last fight. If he beats a few of the other top contenders such as Costa, Romero, Cannonier and maybe Till (if he can have a similar progression to Whittaker when he stepped up to MW). Then I'll be fully on board.

Jones is already trying to set up a fight with Adesanya, that cunt needs to go to HW not try to pick on MWs.

59 minutes ago, Elite said:

I'm not fully on board just yet, he went life and death with Gastelum in his last fight. If he beats a few of the other top contenders such as Costa, Romero, Cannonier and maybe Till (if he can have a similar progression to Whittaker when he stepped up to MW). Then I'll be fully on board.

Jones is already trying to set up a fight with Adesanya, that cunt needs to go to HW not try to pick on MWs.

No fan of Jones but he's not the one that started that, Issy was calling him out

• Upvote 1

Gastelum will knock Till spark out. He got inside and knocked down Adesanya, despite the latter's stand up pedigree and giraffe like reach. Getting hands on Till's chin will be an inevitability for him.

On 06/10/2019 at 21:37, paddyberger said:

I’m still surprised Till took Gastellum as his first fight at the heavier weight. Be interesting to see how he fairs, could easily be on 3 fight losing streak after that.

Can't imagine it going well for him. 

Middleweight division is full of killers as it is, I wouldn't have fancied his chances against most of that lot, fair fucks to him for jumping into the deep end, but like you said if he loses this then that's 3 in a row, and I wouldn't have much faith in him breaking that trend in his next after Gastelum. 

6 minutes ago, paddyberger said:

I think he has a chance but very much a high risk/high reward fight. If he gets the win, could catapult him top 10 or lower easily.

He'll be a fight away from a title shot if he wins The UFC love Till.

35 minutes ago, sir roger said:

I am more of a boxing fan than UFC and have only seen the last 3 of Till's fights and he just seems to be a plodder who circles opponents but is a bit gun-shy. What did he show in his earlier winning fights that makes him still a prospect ?

He was very highly regarded in the MMA community from going to live in Brazil and learn his the trade. He then smashed Cerrone to bits, beat Wonderboy (who was a 2x title challenger and highly rated) and it was looking very good for him.

His last 2 performances have been shite but he struggles massively to make weight, there's a video of him unconscious due to a cut so that's got to have some affect on him (lack of fluid around the brain, fatigue, decreased strength) so I think he could go on to perform a lot better at the weight above as we've seen with Whittaker, Masvidal and Poirior. Equally he could just not be good enough at the highest level, the Gastelum fight is a great gauge of this.

• Upvote 1