You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

UFC

Rex Banner

1 hour ago, Duff Man said:

Six fights in the UFC now and every one either FOTN or POTN. He's unmissable. Really hope they try make the McGregor fight again.

Most exciting fighter on the roster, I don't think he'll ever be a champion but he's guaranteed entertainment. I'm glad he's had a few wins not taking much damage because after Poirier and Alvarez he looked like CTE waiting to happen.

1 hour ago, Duff Man said:

Six fights in the UFC now and every one either FOTN or POTN. He's unmissable. Really hope they try make the McGregor fight again.

Apparently they tried to do it over the summer. Conor broke his hand. 

Sounds like that old boy got the better of the duel. 

33 minutes ago, Elite said:

Most exciting fighter on the roster, I don't think he'll ever be a champion but he's guaranteed entertainment. I'm glad he's had a few wins not taking much damage because after Poirier and Alvarez he looked like CTE waiting to happen.

Yeah they were brutal fights. I remember thinking at the time that he could be cut if he lost again, and there was also some chatter about retirement (from fans and media, not Gaethje), but he's now won three on the bounce via 1st round KO and could be looking at a title shot with another win. Crazy.

7 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Apparently they tried to do it over the summer. Conor broke his hand. 

Sounds like that old boy got the better of the duel. 

Yeah that's what I was referring to. It makes even more sense now, and could maybe put it on same card as Khabib Ferguson.

13 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

That would make sense. 

If one of Khabib or Tony get injured you have your replacement on call

Aye, and two incredible fights if everyone makes it to the cage.

13 minutes ago, Elite said:

Connors ego is too big to be on a Khabib undercard.

Yeah you could be right, but the lure of MSG and a guaranteed title shot if he wins might be enough for him to swallow his pride.

8 minutes ago, Duff Man said:

Yeah you could be right, but the lure of MSG and a guaranteed title shot if he wins might be enough for him to swallow his pride.

Really can't see it, no way would he play 2nd fiddle to Khabib. I'm not arsed about him anyway, sports better without his bullshit.

1 hour ago, Elite said:

Really can't see it, no way would he play 2nd fiddle to Khabib. I'm not arsed about him anyway, sports better without his bullshit.

He's definitely not very likeable, and I've got no time for his antics outside the cage, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't want to see him fight again.

I hope we never see Conor in the sport again. I hate the fanbase he has brought!

I think it's definitely the fight UFC want to happen though as DC was pushing for it in the interview and I think it's something the UFC has told Cromier to do to kick start it.

Hard not to like Ceronne. It was the right call by the ref and if anything, he stopped it too late anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

Fucking crazy how you can pass a physical like that. You can see why he is anti anyone failing a drug test. He got on my nerves a bit earlier in his career but the longer he went on the more I respected him. Most of the defeats in his prime by guys who where in TRT or who around the same time pissed hot. Its great that he got his hands on the title even if it was a short run.