You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

UFC

Rex Banner

21 minutes ago, Em City said:

He's not going to be beaten. Justin looked to have a guillotine locked in, then Khabib choked him out via rear naked choke 30 seconds later.

He's unbeatable.

I fully believe that if Tony gets that guillotine he finishes the fight. It was a rare mistake by Khabib to end up in that position and Tony would have been a lot more effective at securing it than Dustin was. 

Whether he ever gets that opportunity is another thing, but Tony has the ability on the ground to pull off a surprise D'arce, which is going to add an extra dimension to how Khabib implements his usual maulings.

I can't wait, it's the biggest fight that is possible to make right now. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Aventus said:

I fully believe that if Tony gets that guillotine he finishes the fight. It was a rare mistake by Khabib to end up in that position and Tony would have been a lot more effective at securing it than Dustin was. 

Whether he ever gets that opportunity is another thing, but Tony has the ability on the ground to pull off a surprise D'arce, which is going to add an extra dimension to how Khabib implements his usual maulings.

I can't wait, it's the biggest fight that is possible to make right now. 

Yeah, Tony is the only one capable of beating him. If he walks through Tony, he's retiring undefeated, simple as.

That fight needs to happen now. Between the prospect of that fight and Masvidal v Diaz, my erectile tumescence might get the best of me.

Would like to see Khabib against someone who has a reasonable chance of giving him some trouble. If Ferguson can’t do it let’s see him against Whittaker or Paulo Costa, or even Askren might be competitive. It’s hard to match him with anyone because how the hell do you beat this guy?

46 minutes ago, moof said:

Would like to see Khabib against someone who has a reasonable chance of giving him some trouble. If Ferguson can’t do it let’s see him against Whittaker or Paulo Costa, or even Askren might be competitive. It’s hard to match him with anyone because how the hell do you beat this guy?

Jumping up to Middleweight?

There's no guarantee he could handle the top welterweights, particularly big strong wrestlers like Covington and Usman.

9 minutes ago, Elite said:

Jumping up to Middleweight?

There's no guarantee he could handle the top welterweights, particularly big strong wrestlers like Covington and Usman.

Whilst I was perhaps being slightly flippant in my comments I reckon he would take care of the welterweights quite easily. Apparently he throws Rockhold around in training and he was one of the biggest MW around. I think he’d hold his own

6 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Makes me laugh when people demand a lightweight moves up. It very similar to asking a boxing super welterweight(154lb) move up to super middleweight (168lb) you wouldn't ask Kell Brook or Jermell Charlo to fight Callum Smith

Who’s demanding anything? You wouldn’t like to see him face someone who actually presents a serious challenge?

There doesn't seem to be many great grapplers at lightweight, so Khabib is head and shoulders above everyone. There's a fair few at welterweight though, so it would be interesting to see how he handles them. 

Has anybody ever tried taking Khabib down? All his opponents seem to be running and failing at avoiding the takedowns, ending up against the fence, and then on the end of a beating.

I wonder how it would go if somebody like Demian Maia went for the takedown himself and tied him up in the middle of the ring. 

The only ways I see Khabib losing is either top top level jiu-jitsu, perfect takedown defence, or a flying knee like masvidal. And there's a few of those boxes getting ticket at welterweight. 

Tony is the only person at lightweight even in the conversation, he's looked vulnerable at times but he tends to pull off some mad shit to get him out of trouble. 

34 minutes ago, Duff Man said:

Gillespie would be an interesting matchup.

Yep, as would Colby/Usman as mentioned above. Power wrestling base with relentless pressure on the feet is probably the best style to have a competitive fight with Khabib. I just want to see him tested in a fight. We’ve never realistically seen him close to looking troubled. 

Poirier is a world class fighter so to see how easily Khabib took him apart was quite jaw dropping. He really is an unbelievable talent 

10 minutes ago, moof said:

Yep, as would Colby/Usman as mentioned above. Power wrestling base with relentless pressure on the feet is probably the best style to have a competitive fight with Khabib. I just want to see him tested in a fight. We’ve never realistically seen him close to looking troubled. 

Poirier is a world class fighter so to see how easily Khabib took him apart was quite jaw dropping. He really is an unbelievable talent 

Yeah it was shocking how easy he made it look.

It's got to be Ferguson next, there's also talk of GSP coming back to fight him. I'd have favoured a prime GSP but not the on/off retired 40yr old.

Some mouth watering match-ups.

This is where MMA has the edge on boxing, there are consistently brilliant fights every few weeks. Gaethje v Cerrone next week as well!

Ferguson was an all-American wrestling champ in his youth as well wasn't he?

Its a proper dream match up - bigger than any boxing fight this year for me.

Khabib is a crazy fighter though. Its sickening how he just grinds and wears his opponents down - he's like a snake.

Really annoyed me McGregor mouthing off on social media - I'm not even sure he's relevant anymore given how inactive he's been over the past few years. No way does he justify getting a rematch at this stage, especially after he was so soundly beaten in the first one.