You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

UFC

Rex Banner

The story so far is th old fella refused a drink and the dickhead hit him. He's a complete fucking tool and his antics have ruined the sport for me. Dana and the UFC brass bending over to cover him for everything he does, his acting the cunt and getting title fights because of it. It's led to other pulling the mini me shit and spoiled so much of the sport. I hardly bother with it anymore

• Upvote 1

Looked like he glasses him. Didn’t he still have the glass in his hand? Massive fucking helmet.

White doesn’t sound too interested - $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$......

While footage of the altercation was just released, UFC president Dana White says he was aware of McGregor’s involvement where he can be seen throwing a left hand at a man sitting on a stool before he’s pulled away by several people.

“That happened in April. I knew that happened, they just got the video. It’s pretty bad,” White said when speaking to Jim Romeon Thursday. “Not allegedly, it’s pretty clear [it’s him]. So apparently this was in a pub in Ireland and it was an argument over whiskey. Conor has a whiskey now and it was an argument over the whiskey and Conor reaches out and hits him with a left hook.

“I don’t know the context of it. I don’t know the entire story but he punches a guy, an older man, in the face.”

White says he most recently talked to McGregor two weeks ago but he hadn’t addressed the bar fight with him yet.

“I knew that he had, had an altercation at a bar but I didn’t know with who or any of that, I didn’t know anything, I just knew it happened,” White said.

As far as his reaction, White didn’t sound like he was going to hand down any sanctions to McGregor for his behavior after this latest incident. McGregor was never charged by police, although an investigation into the matter is still ongoing.

Government have to smash him. 

He’s lost whatever once made him great. I don’t want to see him fight again but if he did come back one last time to go against khabib, I would definitely take some enjoyment from watching him get his ass whipped again 

14 hours ago, Lee909 said:

The story so far is th old fella refused a drink and the dickhead hit him. He's a complete fucking tool and his antics have ruined the sport for me. Dana and the UFC brass bending over to cover him for everything he does, his acting the cunt and getting title fights because of it. It's led to other pulling the mini me shit and spoiled so much of the sport. I hardly bother with it anymore

Don't understand this at all. The histrionics are nothing more than a sideshow, imo, and easy enough to filter out. There are still plenty of excellent and worthwhile fights being made.

3 minutes ago, Duff Man said:

Yep, and it's a great match-up against Pettis. Most looking forward to Romero Costa, though. Has the potential to be an absolute barn burner.

Yeah that's a great match up.

It's a far better card than Khabib v Poirier and that's PPV.

Khabibs not a big draw over here, so don't get why he's PPV.

1 minute ago, Elite said:

Yeah that's a great match up.

It's a far better card than Khabib v Poirier and that's PPV.

Khabibs not a big draw over here, so don't get why he's PPV.

They must be hoping there's enough rub-off from the McGregor fight, but yeah rest of that card is pretty weak.

3 hours ago, Duff Man said:

Don't understand this at all. The histrionics are nothing more than a sideshow, imo, and easy enough to filter out. There are still plenty of excellent and worthwhile fights being made.

Because it's made listening to podcast and the build up to fights a complete waste of time. It's the same cardboard cut out Mcgregor shite now. It's the same when trying to talk to fans on forums, some prick always derailing shite with Mcgregor quotes. It's fucking boring and others fighters pulling the same shit is to. It's also shite that fighters don't work through the ranks much anymore, make a name, get rushed through the rankings cause Dana and the UFC just see cash signs now 

If your Jon Jones or Mcgregor you can get away with anything. Even still pissing hot

6 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Because it's made listening to podcast and the build up to fights a complete waste of time. It's the same cardboard cut out Mcgregor shite now. It's the same when trying to talk to fans on forums, some prick always derailing shite with Mcgregor quotes. It's fucking boring and others fighters pulling the same shit is to. It's also shite that fighters don't work through the ranks much anymore, make a name, get rushed through the rankings cause Dana and the UFC just see cash signs now 

If your Jon Jones or Mcgregor you can get away with anything. Even still pissing hot

We're way past peak Conor fandom, though, surely? I barely hear him mentioned these days, and the focus in general seems to be coming back around to the actual fights.

Agree about the match-making in regards to certain fighters being rushed, but I wouldn't say it was that prevalent at all. The majority still have to grind their way up.

9 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

It was doing fine without his belle d fan base and will do fine when he fucks off

Fine isn't massive though. I'm sure Dana White prefers the latter.

As a sport it's a load of arse anyway. Conor brings a bit of drama in the build-up. Without that its just two headcases in ball stranglers trying to kill each other.