You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

UFC

Rex Banner

Made up Till got knocked out. I don't care if he's a red, he's a massive bellend. Masvidal as always been a great fighter / man. Love how he stays true to himself and doesn't falsify beef / hatred just to sell fights. His recent interview where he said how he hated how the UFC is turning into WWE is spot on.

The KO was insane. Masvidal changes his stance three times during the combination. He starts off southpaw and throws a right. His body position is like he's shooting for a single so Till can't lean back and give away an easy takedown. He then switches to orthodox while he's moving forward. His right hand was a trap, he uses it to move Till's own right hand out of the way so he can throw a big left hook. As he lands the left he's perfectly back in southpaw stance so there's a full transfer of weight through his legs at the exact moment of impact.

How do you train to stop that? Sometimes you've got to hold your hands up and say fair play. I don't think Darren is finished by any means. Part and parcel of the game. Learn from it and move on.

Bisping went through the same shit getting badly KOd by Hendo. Plenty of time for him, I think the weight cuts killing him. Part of the issue looks to be his stance when he disengages. That whole sequence starts with Masvidal throwing that hoping oblique kick. Till jumps back but everytime he goes back he does so hands down. Part of his style but both Woodley and Masvidal game planned for it, too many big hitters in the top 10 of each division(especially if he moves to 185) to be trying that. 

Watch Woodley, invites Till in and he doesn't bring his hands back to cover after throwing the first punch. 

Till fakes uppercut and throws straight right and hand drops to waist, Woodley throws straight right counter down middke

Same with Till, throws kick, Till hands not cover his chin and the left hook clears his guard and its over

Yeah be interesting what's happened here. USADA has been a disaster for the UFC. So many popping for what seem minor infractions or legit poor supplements. Be interesting what he's popped for. 

Cejudo vs Moraes for the belt most likely. Though Sterling throwing his hat in there too. Fair play to TJ for immediately dropping the belt mind. Commission banned him fir a year already so I reckon he sits it out with it post dated to January. 

11 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Yeah be interesting what's happened here. USADA has been a disaster for the UFC. So many popping for what seem minor infractions or legit poor supplements. Be interesting what he's popped for. 

Cejudo vs Moraes for the belt most likely. Though Sterling throwing his hat in there too. Fair play to TJ for immediately dropping the belt mind. Commission banned him fir a year already so I reckon he sits it out with it post dated to January. 

I agree about it being a disaster, they have completely shot themselves in the foot by their lack of consistency, especially the whole Jones farce.

In regards to TJ, going down to 125 was a spectacularly bad decision.

5 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Honestly gutted about the way Cody No Love just went from being somebody that I thought was going to be the absolute biggest thing in the sport to losing three times in a row. 

Yeah, monumental downfall that!

29 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

That's what happens when you get into fire fights and keep your hands down. Every knockout has been very similar. 

Isn't his bird heavily involved in his training?

Team Alpha Male appears very much like a fraternity type group. They'd probably get a new American Pie movie from that lot.

2 hours ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Honestly gutted about the way Cody No Love just went from being somebody that I thought was going to be the absolute biggest thing in the sport to losing three times in a row. 

It’s a fickle game, this lark 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Welsh said:

Never took to Wonderboy for some reason, plus his Dad is a proper bellend.

Never had too much of a problem with him, always seems to be respectful. He's pretty much done now though at 36, not sure where he does from he as he's light years away from another title shot now