You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

UFC

Rex Banner

15 minutes ago, loadsoftrophies said:

It's a pity White didn't get a dig himself, he's left Mcgregor do and say what he wants for years because he's the cashcow, he messed with the wrong people this time.  Tensions were hyped to fuck for this fight, genuine hatred between the two camps so there was always going to be a massive fallout after this especially after the bus incident.  

You mean you shouldn't 

Throw a trolley at a bus window

Call your opponents crew terrorist

Call your opponent a backwards cunt because he is a muslim and doesn't drink

or call his father a coward who would stab a warlord in the back

But then this is the same guy that thought it ok to call black security guards monkeys,his opponent in Mayweather Boy

and while in the crowd at his mates jumpsin the cage and starts pushing the ref about. 

I loved all the drama!

Khabib is a bad tit for doing what he did and nearly causing a riot in the crowd which could have led to innocent people getting seriously hurt.

Fuck McGregor though, he deserves everything that comes at him the fucking dickhead. He got embarrassed tonight.

• Upvote 4

I hope at the very least we get to see Ferguson Vs Khabib. 

That's the only question mark I have left over him right now, Fergs is a tricky fighter with some high level jiu-jitsu, so Khabib's usual ground control might not be as effective as it usually is. 

4 minutes ago, Aventus said:

I hope at the very least we get to see Ferguson Vs Khabib. 

That's the only question mark I have left over him right now, Fergs is a tricky fighter with some high level jiu-jitsu, so Khabib's usual ground control might not be as effective as it usually is. 

That'd be more competitive than last night's fight, might have to be in Russia though. Unless of course the UFC go to town on Khabib.

I think they really need new commentators, Rogan is alright but he needs to be partnered with people who know what the fuck they are talking about, as it stands half of the conversation between them involves Joe telling the other one why he's wrong about something. 

My favourite being after Khabib went beast mode during round 2, Conor getting pounded to shit, commentator tries saying that it's intentional and he's just trying to tire Khabib out. 

Like Conor is Homer fucking Simpson or something. 

Just now, Aventus said:

I think they really need new commentators, Rogan is alright but he needs to be partnered with people who know what the fuck they are talking about, as it stands half of the conversation between them involves Joe telling the other one why he's wrong about something. 

My favourite being after Khabib went beast mode during round 2, Conor getting pounded to shit, commentator tries saying that it's intentional and he's just trying to tire Khabib out. 

Like Conor is Homer fucking Simpson or something. 

That's Dominic Cruz, he was talking shite but he knows his stuff. I don't think he's a great commentator though, much prefer Cormier. Rogan is boss though.

7 minutes ago, Elite said:

That's Dominic Cruz, he was talking shite but he knows his stuff. I don't think he's a great commentator though, much prefer Cormier. Rogan is boss though.

Both Dom and Woodley saying it. They know what they’re talking about. It was generally arm hits. I don’t think it was planned but he went with it. It was 2 - 1 going into the 4th, but when you’re as average to poor on the ground as Connor is, you can’t expect to keep going to ground and survive against probably the best grappler in UFC. 

The thing that fucks be off the most about Connor is that his engine hasn’t improved. His stamina is fucking wank, man. I’d honestly not give a fuck if he never caught again. 

2 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

I’d also like to see the grabbler get sparked the fuck out. Boring cunt. 

It is boring but that's the game, he's a phenomenal wrestler. I'd love to see him vs Ferguson who would cope a hell of a lot better on the ground than any of Khabibs other opponent, Ferguson has insane cardio as well. Knowing the UFC though, they'll try to do a rematch after some faux outrage.

Connor would get mauled again, he didn't put a dent in Khabib.

2 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

The thing that fucks be off the most about Connor is that his engine hasn’t improved. His stamina is fucking wank, man. I’d honestly not give a fuck if he never caught again. 

I think I heard somewhere that Conor has dodgy knees so he avoids running to avoid injury. 

And running being one of the best ways to train cardio because your legs can go longer than your heart/lungs can keep up with. With the cardio that conor does its easy for arms etc to tire out before your CV does then it has minimal gains. 

I think Bisping said it, he knows his shit and was well known for being one of the fittest fighters going. 

1 minute ago, Section_31 said:

I know people like this stuff but it can't call itself a sport. It's legalised thuggery filled with scum bags. The fact half the teenage lads in St Helens and Widnes look up to these turds is worrying in itself.

Nonsense that, mate. It’s very much a sport. Tactical, technical, athletic, and competitive. 

46 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

I know people like this stuff but it can't call itself a sport. It's legalised thuggery filled with scum bags. The fact half the teenage lads in St Helens and Widnes look up to these turds is worrying in itself.

Yeah just St. Helens and Widnes mate. No such thing as a cocky scouser.

6 minutes ago, Elite said:

I'm from St Helens, it's has plenty of dickheads but it's no worse than anywhere else.

Yeah, I worked in St Helens for a little while. It’s pretty run of the mill, especially for medium to large towns in the NW. It is better than some parts of the capital. Worse than quite a few places in the SW, and affluent SE is generally way better. I wasn’t slagging it, I was saying there’s worse things in the places he mentioned than MMA. It was a defence of MMA, not a slight on St Helens. 

1 hour ago, Section_31 said:

We'll be well stocked for combat ready cannon fodder once those pesky Ruskies get uppity though...

Just now, Numero Veinticinco said:

Yeah, I worked in St Helens for a little while. It’s pretty run of the mill, especially for medium to large towns in the NW. better than some parts of the capital. Worse than quite a few places in the SW, and affluent SE is way better. I wasn’t slagging it, I was saying there’s worse things in the places he mentioned than MMA. It was a defence of MMA, not a slight on St Helens. 

I know mate. I ain't bothered, it is a bit of shit hole especially the town centre but Sections point is that it's full of McGregor Wannabees but it really isn't. It's a rugby town.

Just now, Elite said:

I know mate. I ain't bothered, it is a bit of shit hole especially the town centre but Sections point is that it's full of McGregor Wannabees but it really isn't. It's a rugby town.

It’s not full of McGregors, it’s full of Rab C Nesbit types. You bad, string vest wearing bell. 

But yeah, it’s just a place isn’t it really. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

It’s not full of McGregors, it’s full of Rab C Nesbit types. You bad, string vest wearing bell. 

But yeah, it’s just a place isn’t it really. 

I've never worn a string best. Far to stylish for us wools.

• Upvote 1