You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

UFC

Rex Banner

3 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

He’s absolutely the innocent party though. Unless, off camera, Connor has instigated something, he got attacked outside the sport. After he was fucked up. 

Well, i don't 100% agree so probably best just lave it there

Fair to say over the past few months nobody comes out with much credit

Just now, moof said:

Khabib’s grip was so tight and he’s so freakishly strong and McGregor was so tired by that point I don’t think there was any way of him getting out of it. With the torque applied, that move could easily cause a serious injury (broken/dislocated jaw, pulled neck muscles etc). The fight is done at that point, I’ll never shame a fighter for tapping in that situation. 

Not trying to shame him

But i think he just took the option of getting out

When you talk the shit he does and tap without going out or a massive fight in that case it will generate shit from fans. No way you can shame someone for it, they got in their to start with. Its more a case that his grappling isn't up to the levels that the top grapplers have and he has made his name on knocking people cold and cold early or his gas tank runs out and he gets tapped 

Just now, Numero Veinticinco said:

But you haven’t said what Connor did wrong? 

He did nothing wrong, but he is involved

That guy in black is squaring up to him and would have hit him as the guy from behind would. 

I am not saying he should have stood there,did anything wrong twatting the cunt. But the initial media played it like he had his backed turned was across the cage and someone hit him from behind and he did nothing. 

Anyone in the cage that shouldn't be there deserves to get hit

Just now, Lee909 said:

He did nothing wrong, but he is involved

That guy in black is squaring up to him and would have hit him as the guy from behind would. 

I am not saying he should have stood there,did anything wrong twatting the cunt. But the initial media played it like he had his backed turned was across the cage and someone hit him from behind and he did nothing. 

Anyone in the cage that shouldn't be there deserves to get hit

Okay, so I agree he did nothing wrong. But he wasn’t just squaring up to him, he hit McGregor. 

Ah well. 

11 minutes ago, moof said:

Maybe they can give Tony his belt back, now. Somehow I don’t see Khabib fighting in the ufc again any time soon 

Tony was only every intrim champ

He never held the full belt, he was also out a year injured, a full champion might get to hold the belt for a year while the give out a intrim but the intrim champ would always be stripped. What where they supposed to do tell Khabib the title shots off?

He would just refuse to fight and the card would have dropped out on a weeks notice. 

Right. Hope this works. Here's a link to the full angle of what happened, including in the Octagon. Looks to me like McGregor rushes across and tries to follow Khabib over the fence. He is pulled back by people in the Octagon, and as he's on the fence one of Khabib's team also jumps onto the fence. Possibly something gets said and McGregor throws a left at the Khabib team member, and they end up swiping at each other both on the fence and floor. Even on the floor it looks like McGregor is initially going forward but then seems to calm down and walk back, before the Khabib team member takes a swipe and McGregor swipes back. Then the dickhead in red gets involved.

I don't think McGregor comes out of it with clean hands any more than Khabib's team member.

5 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Sorry about that. Fixed.

My vid is better *inserts tongue pulling smiley*

There’s an even better one from higher up. But no real issue with Conor there. Khabib jumping into a group of my friends would lead me to try to jump the fence too. Little bit of fuckery on the fence Connor threw something, not a punch), then is attacked. The cunt who jumped the fence and blindsided him is the worst of all. 

4 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Bollocks that. He’s getting dragged back and the guy jumped in the ring to get to him, then they both have empty swings on the fence, then the guy in black continually goes after him. Then the guy in red sucker punches him. 

Not that i really care but Mcgregor threw the first punch on top of the cage just as Khabibs man jumped up.

Yeah, watching that last video there McGregor threw a dig at the guy in the black who looked like he was trying to get out of the Octagon to go and help Khabib.

Can see why McGregor did it like because he wanted to jump out himself to help his mate out but they stopped him. 

The whole things a bad mess but simple fact is that without Khabib doing what he did, none of the other stuff happens.

Sucker punched a guy climbing the cage to assault your associates?  Nah, not having that.  The guy shouldn't have been climbing the cage (Khabib got himself into that shite, it's down to him and event security to get him out).  Plus it was a fair bit later that the fella in red jumped in.

Sounds like McGregor is at least not such a hypocrite that he'll press charges (possibly the first thing he's done that shows any kind of sound judgement - beyond his wallet - in the last two years), but the commission might have a different policy.  Needless to say the guy in red shouldn't be allowed anywhere near a UFC event again in his life (nor should any member of the entourage involved in the bus attack).  

UFC themselves probably deserve a fine from the commission, they've hyped the whole fight up on the bus incident and now idiots are running about already hyping up a rematch on the basis of this bollocks.  White should send a clear message that if either party wants a rematch they will need to work for it.

It's a pity White didn't get a dig himself, he's left Mcgregor do and say what he wants for years because he's the cashcow, he messed with the wrong people this time.  Tensions were hyped to fuck for this fight, genuine hatred between the two camps so there was always going to be a massive fallout after this especially after the bus incident.  

• Upvote 5