You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

UFC

Rex Banner

The fact Lesnar is getting a title shot is why i hardly watch anymore. The mans not won a fight in 2 years,a no contest caused he pissed for roids and 2 knockout losses in last three but he jumps the queue because he's lesnar. Fuck that

The fact Lesnar is getting a title shot is why i hardly watch anymore. The mans not won a fight in 2 years,a no contest caused he pissed for roids and 2 knockout losses in last three but he jumps the queue because he's lesnar. Fuck that

Yeah it's a farce but it sells, that's all Dana is interested in.

Yeah it's a farce but it sells, that's all Dana is interested in.

Think thats a bit unfair on Dana, at the end of the day its a business but Dana is definetly a fight fan and most fighters either sink or swim in the ufc.

A lot of this division jumping and super fight business seems to have exploded since the ferttitas sold up to the new owners so i dont think its totally directed by Dana.

The Lesnar talk after the fight was embarrassing. It's getting worse than the WWE now thanks to McGregor.

McGregor boils my piss at times but you can hardly blame him. He doesn't pick the fights. He's playing the game but it's only working because the people who make the decisions are going along with it. They make the rules.

It is Dana

He has always been a hype man and puts on fights at a whim.

Look at his actions with Anderson Silva he went from the greatest fighter ever to set foot in the cage to someone he would not talk too because of two poor performances and then again to the greatest after making a fool of Forrest Griffin. His refusal to push fighters he finds boring even if they are the best around. All he wants is to put on hype matches and stand up fights. He did not want the lower weight classes,didn't want the woman fighting. 

The issue is Joe Silva not being around, fighters respected him and he knew how to build up fighters and the right fights to make. 

All its about know is talking shit and PPV sales.

Bit gutted for Stipe as he's a good guy but Fair play to DC that's a hell of an achievement.

Btw, how shit was Lewis v Ngannou? Ngannou is a broken man.

Hope DC destroys Lesnar.

DC done great, bit gutted for Stipe because the top brass didnt like him when he had the belt so theyll like him even less now he's no longer champ.

Lewis apologised after the fight abd said he doesnt deserve to fight anyone after that win. Dana will have been pissed off with them both but it haooens sometimes.

Paulo Costa reminds me of Vitor a bit hits hard and fast. Hall must have been pissing blood after that fight

DC done great, bit gutted for Stipe because the top brass didnt like him when he had the belt so theyll like him even less now he's no longer champ.

Lewis apologised after the fight abd said he doesnt deserve to fight anyone after that win. Dana will have been pissed off with them both but it haooens sometimes.

Paulo Costa reminds me of Vitor a bit hits hard and fast. Hall must have been pissing blood after that fight

DC did fantastic,

But I can't help but feel that in no other sport does a fat 39 year old best the best?

Could you imagine Anthony Joshua or Vladimir Klitscho losing to some fat guy, regardless of the fat guys talent?

I personally think Miocic took him far too lightly, he barely kept his hands up, it was an amateurish performance on his part.

As for the Ngannou fight, holy Jaysus, what a shithouse that was

Saw a mini documentary about fat heavyweights, apparently they have a different punching technique.

Basically they use their hips to throw their big bellies around first, and the weight and momentum from that gives them extra power on their punches. Makes sense when you look at some of the top fighters that have been knocking about in MMA and Boxing.

Fair fucks to DC though, Stipe was absolutely dominating that division, nobody was close. Yet DC steps up and nobody expected him to win like that.

I liked DC afterwards talking about noticing that Stipe has a tendency to have his arms low coming out of the clinch. Clever stuff, knowing that DC pretty much won this fight before it started, it was only a matter of time before he exploited that weakness.

I'd be interested to see how it would go down next time though, because I imagine Miocic won't be making that mistake again.

DC is one of the greatest fighters ever to step foot in a cage.

Im not shocked at all he beat Stipe. Cormier has beat everyone bar Jones. 

Jones is the best fighter in MMA history, though much of that with a massive question mark due to drug use

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Darren Till has said on twitter than Colby Covington is "out" of the fight with Woodley and Till's been offered the title shot for UFC 228 in September, but Woodley isn't interested.

Very strange to offer it to Till after he missed weight horrifically for the Wonderboy fight.

BT Sport have lost the rights to UFC in 2019 to Eleven Sports, which is another sports subscription service, nobody is going to subscribe to those when all they will have is La Liga, Series A and UFC. Could really kill off loads of interest in UFC in the UK. Bad move.

Darren Till has said on twitter than Colby Covington is "out" of the fight with Woodley and Till's been offered the title shot for UFC 228 in September, but Woodley isn't interested.

Very strange to offer it to Till after he missed weight horrifically for the Wonderboy fight.

Not sure who else you could give it to, tbh, despite his issues making the cut. Welterweight a bit on its arse atm.

BT Sport have lost the rights to UFC in 2019 to Eleven Sports, which is another sports subscription service, nobody is going to subscribe to those when all they will have is La Liga, Series A and UFC. Could really kill off loads of interest in UFC in the UK. Bad move.

I reckon there’s loads of people on here that have access to that Eleven Sports through those horrible illegal streams. Fucking thieves, the lot of ‘em.

I’d imagine it’ll be repeated on the UFC Fight Pass channel which the scumbags also have access to.

The worst offenders are the ones that buy those MAG boxes with the capability to record shows. It turns my stomach just thinking about it.

I think Fight pass only gets PPVs weeks later. The Mag box sounds like a good idea, if you're a content stealing cunt that is.