You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

UFC

Rex Banner

I feel like weigh ins are almost a redundant notion anyway. How heavy is Romero going to be stepping into the cage tonight? Does the .2lb on the scales really make that much difference?

These fighters go to extreme measures to hit an arbitrary limit, wouldn’t it be much safer if the parameters were loosened a bit?

I feel like weigh ins are almost a redundant notion anyway. How heavy is Romero going to be stepping into the cage tonight? Does the .2lb on the scales really make that much difference?

These fighters go to extreme measures to hit an arbitrary limit, wouldn’t it be much safer if the parameters were loosened a bit?

I think the parameters are sometimes loosened, I think you're allowed up to an extra pound for non title fights, but if there's a belt on the line there's zero tolerance. Which I think is fair enough, you need to draw the line somewhere otherwise instead of it being a tolerance it's just a slightly higher weight limit.

Yoel shouldn't have any excuses though, twice in a row he's missed weight, first time for the interim title and second for the actual belt. Add to that he has a history of using PEDs.

Yeah but you loosen them by a pound and then they'll start coming in over that as well.

Looks like 0.2lb has cost Yoel the title

Sickening if your are him. 

Was there a second weigh in attempt. There normally is but since the change to early weigh ins there have been a few commissions rfusing a second attempt

Disappointed in RDA last night, I think he's stuck between weights too big for lightweight but too small for Welterweight especially against the big Welters.

Think he let the trash talk get to him a bit, he didn’t look lucid or free in his striking and movement. Decent performance from Colby, he has a strong ground game and good cardio. Till will smash him up.

Think he let the trash talk get to him a bit, he didn’t look lucid or free in his striking and movement. Decent performance from Colby, he has a strong ground game and good cardio. Till will smash him up.

Depends on Tills ground game, he's obviously an elite striker but he'll need a good takedown defence and ground game.

• 4 weeks later...

Sounds like it. He's needs to be stripped and Ortega made interim.

I'm not one for stripping the champs.

But he's failed to make the weight at 155 and now there's a cloud hanging over him whether he can do 145 now, which is a big jump, and the guy is pretty large to.

The ufc need to get a proper hold on their weight classes, because far too often the championship fights don't materialise because of weight issues

I'm not one for stripping the champs.

But he's failed to make the weight at 155 and now there's a cloud hanging over him whether he can do 145 now, which is a big jump, and the guy is pretty large to.

The ufc need to get a proper hold on their weight classes, because far too often the championship fights don't materialise because of weight issues

He's 6ft tall fighting at 145, he's a welterweight.