You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

UFC

Rex Banner

Why would he be expelled? Fighters miss weight all the time. It’s a big cock up, sure, and very unprofessional. Thompson will still fight because he’s game as fuck but it’ll be a bitter pill to swallow if he loses. I feel bad for him, such a classy guy - and he’s more than lived up to his end of the bargain.

He said yesterday that he spent 3 hours signing autographs for the fans after the face off. I thought to myself, that's a mistake. He should be back at the hotel trying to cut weight now. He left it too late. Unlike Dern he did look dead on the scale though.

Was looking forward to this although I am a boxing fan in the main , but was disappointed in the lack of action in the main event. Pleased that Till won

( the 2 x 59/56 scores seemed a bit wide ), but he waited far too long to throw his left hand and let Thompson dictate the pace which is an error with a 35 year old guy. His corner didn't seem to offer much in the way of useful advice. Hopefully his next fight will be against somebody who will help him showcase his punching power a bit more.

Ive got the yank feed for this and they are not happy at all in the studio.

Can understand why a bit from a Yank perspective , but isn't aggression favoured in close rounds in UFC ? Thompson basically just ran around the ring sideways for at least the first 3 rounds.

• Upvote 1

Tills like the MMA version of Bellew personality wise.

Yeah I tried to give him the benefit of the doubt, but straight after the fight he's mouthing off about his tactics like he's a combat genius. He just about won can't be bragging about it like it was a one sided beat down.

Bellew did the same thing after the Haye fight, you beat up a bloke who's ankle fell off in the first fight, and who could barely throw a punch in the second, don't be going on like you're fucking Muhammed I'm ard Bruce Lee.

• Downvote 1

Close fight. You have to think a draw would’ve been fair but I reckon Till just about deserved the win. Thompson can’t have too many complaints, he never tried to push it. Difficult fight to score

Rewatched it, had Till winning four rounds. Took zero damage, landed the only effective strikes in the fight, completely nullified a legendary fighter in Thompson. Masterful performance under the circumstances. Wonderboy is no fucking joke, the only person who ever managed to shut him down like that is the champion. Seriously impressed with Till.

Yeah I tried to give him the benefit of the doubt, but straight after the fight he's mouthing off about his tactics like he's a combat genius. He just about won can't be bragging about it like it was a one sided beat down.

Bellew did the same thing after the Haye fight, you beat up a bloke who's ankle fell off in the first fight, and who could barely throw a punch in the second, don't be going on like you're fucking Muhammed I'm ard Bruce Lee.

I personally thought he was alright postfight, gave Wonderboy a lot of credit and constantly apologised for missing weight. Even agreed on the fact that he doesn't deserve a title shot based on the fact that he missed weight and that other people in the division have achieved more than him. I don't think he went on like he was Bruce Lee or Muhammad Ali. I'd love to see him fight Usman as I think that'd be the toughest fight in that division for him.

• Upvote 1

He was gracious to Thompson and rightly so. The kid has come out of nowhere and was still adrenaline fuelled from the fight. He won the fight.

https://streamable.com/nfiam

Someone is gonna die off a weight cut at some point. Ridiculous amounts being attempted in a short space of time. Cant believe he lasted 5 rounds the way he loooks there

Looked like he was on his literal death bed at the end there, lay down barely being able to move, can barely speak, about 10 of his mates gathered quiet around his bed saying their goodbyes before grabbing an arm and a leg each to try and carry him into the sauna to drain him even more.

Not sure what the answer is though, either they do the weigh ins the day before and become dangerously dehydrated but have time to rehydrate before the fight.

Or they have same day weigh ins where they aren't dehydrated to dangerous levels but they have less time to rehydrate properly and potentially going into the fight dehydrated which is probably even more dangerous.

Either way the fighters will push themselves further than what is safe.

With regards to Darren anyway, I think he's only planning on fighting at this weight 1 or 2 more times, enough to get the title shot, hopefully win and then move up to middleweight which will be more comfortable for him.

Looked like he was on his literal death bed at the end there, lay down barely being able to move, can barely speak, about 10 of his mates gathered quiet around his bed saying their goodbyes before grabbing an arm and a leg each to try and carry him into the sauna to drain him even more.

Fight at a proper weight, not try to be a Canelo catchweight twat? 

Not sure what the answer is though, either they do the weigh ins the day before and become dangerously dehydrated but have time to rehydrate before the fight.

Or they have same day weigh ins where they aren't dehydrated to dangerous levels but they have less time to rehydrate properly and potentially going into the fight dehydrated which is probably even more dangerous.

Either way the fighters will push themselves further than what is safe.

With regards to Darren anyway, I think he's only planning on fighting at this weight 1 or 2 more times, enough to get the title shot, hopefully win and then move up to middleweight which will be more comfortable for him.