You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

UFC

Rex Banner

I searched UFC and nothing came up so I'm starting a new topic. I'm watching 166 now, I've just watched the Melenzez V Sanchez fight and it was bloody epic! So entertaining, Sanchez always puts on great fights he's once crazy bastard. 

Check it out if you haven't seen it, slug fest!

There has been some great fights this year, Jones V Gustavson was fantastic and there have been many more great fights this year.

I just cant get into it much anymore.

As the fighters get more well rounded its leading to a hell of a lot of boring fights,or if one fighter cant stop a takedown he has lost.As the way the judges score fights a takedown will win you a round even if you nothing with it.Its a shame as i loved it up till a couple of years back.

I think the opposite actually, there is less one sided wrestler fights these days because strikers know they need to know how to stop take downs or get up if they get taken down.

Jones v Guststavson was an amazing fight which was 90% stand up and this latest card had 3 or 4 really good fights.

There was one crappy year I think it was 2011 maybe 12 I can't recall, but the last half a dozen or so cards have had some amazing fights. Also there is always at least one or two good fights on a card so even if the main event stinks you know you're likely to see some good stuff. In boxing if the main event sucks then that's it, no one cares about the under card. Also the more you know about the fighters the more you get into it and the UFC understands that, that's why the Ultimate fighter show is so important because it builds fans personal relationships with fighters. It's very smart marketing which boxing does not do at all and that's why there is only a handful of fighters people know and care about.

Just watched the main event, JDS is so God damn tough. Cain's cardio is just insane though, the pressure he puts on is so tough for anyone to deal with.

Great fight, I don't see anyone beating Cain for a while though unless they land a lucky punch. JDS is clearly the second best fighter and Cain has his number so we might see a legacy.

Hell yeah, Diego is an animal and Gil is just class. I wouldn't be surprised if Gil beats Pettis although Pettis is an amazing and incredibly entertaining fighter also. That is an awesome fight on paper.  There are so many good potential match ups right now, I don't think think the UFC has been more even or has had so many potential good fights in it's history. 

• Upvote 1

Just finished watching now. Ot was an epic card. The only let down was my man Big County.

JDS could have had cain in the first 30seconds but chose to back off and go with his game plan, instead of maybe getting caught. That for me cost him the fight.

GSP and Hendrix next and Sonnen on card too.

Cormier can deal with any of the heavyweights imo.

I would fancy him to beat Cain personally as i dont think Cain could out wrestle him and couldn't dictate the pace

I don't think he wants to fight Cain due to them being training partners, there is talk he'll go down to LH to fight Jones.

Cormier was too boring for me.

Both cuts on the card where bad. With different docs each of those fights could have been stopped.

I think at Light heavyweight Jones would be able to pick off Cormier with ease if he drops down to take that fight.

Also looking forward to Tate. And Rousey in december. Things are really kicking off between the in TUF.

Also I want to do bad things to Rhonda. She looks mucky as fuck,

Yeah its a shame as it is a fight i would bother getting up for.

Im just more choosy over what fights i watch.I do want to see GSP and Hendrix and next week Machida-Munoz,Belfort-Henderson too.

Big Foot and Hunt i will watch as that should be a fun fight

I don't think he wants to fight Cain due to them being training partners, there is talk he'll go down to LH to fight Jones.

Seems to be bad blood between Cormier and Jones as Cormier thinks that Jones has disrespected him. Not sure that the fight will take place till next summer and by then Jones will just be too dominant for him.

Would love to see GSP and Jones fight to see who really is the best P4P at the minute, but that will not happen either.

Weiderman and Silva coming up also and should Silva lose, I'm sure he will take time out. UFC is getting very exciting again IMO

Im not keen on TUF and have not been in years.

The first season was immense and the talent levelof fighters was very good overall.Its too much based on personality for me.They should leave it a year or two to get some good guys for it.

I dont think the Tate-Rousey fight will be good.Tate showed great fight to stay in the armbar so long last time but it was a fucking stupid thing to do as it cost her a bad injury.Rousey is as far ahead off the others as Cyborg was in her division.Its a no contest.

Cormier gets his hands on anyone and they are going down most times.

GSP will never fight Jones,he never wanted to put the weight on for the Anderson fight and would be outweighed by a good 40lb on fight night to Jones

Amazing card that was, Diego is crazy I can`t believe how much punishment he ate... he`s such an entertaining fighter to watch.

The main event with Cain V Santos should have been stopped earlier, JDS could have been seriously injured long term by that. Cain seems to be on the brink of knocking him out or 1-2 punches away from the ref stopping it, but then he`d push him against the cage and almost hold him up.  It was like he wanted to punish him rather than finish him.  Herb Dean actually stopped the fight in the 3rd but then let it carry on for some reason.   

• 1 month later...

Some great fights in store tonight.Im sleeping a work for a few hours as its a long card and id have to miss the main events otherwise.Ill have a kip in the first aid room get up at 12 have a shower and tune in.

The main event really could go either way as Silva is getting older now but I fancy him for one last run.Similar in the Barnett-Browne match up.Browne can be put down byt recovers well but if Barnett gets on top he is in real trouble.Great to see Barnett back as a long teem fan.Ill probably back the same as you but its close in the two mentioned.

Thats three for the prediction league if I can get another 2-3 ill set it up.