You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Harry Wilson

fowler9

8 minutes ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

The demand for Wilson's services will go sky high if he carries on like this.

To be honest, he's better off elsewhere where he's going to get regular football. Never going to get a look in here.

That will depend on if Klopp rates him. If he does then he stays if not then he goes. Quite simple really.

19 minutes ago, bossy said:

Er he plays football very well.

He has the ability to score spectacular goals, that's not hard to see. But no one who has watched him regularly will tell you he's a consistent performer, not even at Championship level. That's why he is where he is and still hasn't gotten a chance at Liverpool.

Now if he keeps scoring we may not have a choice but to give him a chance and we'd sell Shaqiri to make room, but chances are we'll just cash in on him at some point. 

3 hours ago, bossy said:

I don’t understand the talk of him not getting a chance, he’s a great player who scores a lot of goals. 

He's definitely not a "great" player.

He's very good at long-range shots, including free kicks. He also wins a lot of fouls, which sort of complements his free kick ability. But apart from those two things, he's not really that good. His dribbling is average at best, his passing the same, and most damning of all from a Klopp perspective, his pressing numbers are near the bottom of the charts.

I think that while he might himself score 10 or 15 league goals/season playing for us as an attacking mid (which is far more than any of our midfielders are producing), our goal output as a whole would drop significantly. Without the goals coming from the press and that the front 3 score off turnovers, even if he adds 10 more goals/season than Ox or Keita, it's not worth it if all three of Mane, Firmino and Salah all come down by 5 goals each.

I predict he'll be sold next summer, probably for over 25m, and we'll put the money towards someone significantly better. Oh, and then we'll hear pundits asking "why didn't Liverpool keep him?" when he's banging in a few rockets/season for Leicester or West Ham and we'll just ignore them as we compete for trophies without him.

• Upvote 1

The loan is right for him, if we didn’t have lallana and Shaq he’d get plenty of football. Depending on what happens with them two and if he carries on like this he might just get into the team next year. There just isn’t room for him to develop at the moment. He’d be a great option for his free kicks and long rangers for teams who sit back though.

1 minute ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Thought it might be the case. A lot of people see a shot or a free kick on highlights and think he is a world beater.

Me and my lad were watching and mentioned how he seemed like Shaq in a lot of ways and particularly how he didn't do much away from the ball. Klopp doesn't tolerate this.

1 minute ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Me and my lad were watching and mentioned how he seemed like Shaq in a lot of ways and particularly how he didn't do much away from the ball. Klopp doesn't tolerate this.

Watched him a lot at Derby and this is true, maybe it will come, but he is not a kid anymore, flits in and out of games for me. Got great abilty though.

It's the main reason why I wanted him played further up the pitch, he just doesn't have it in him to make an impact defensively.  Of course, that's not enough for how we play in general, but he would be a very handy squad player to have when we're struggling to break a side down (rare occurrence at the moment, but it will happen over the winter months). 

He can dribble and he can pass (thought I saw it mentioned that he almost set up the other Wilson as well at one point), but not sure he can do it well enough.  I'd like to see him kept around for half a season to see how he does with a sustained period of training under Klopp.  It'd kick his arse, but a Liverpool player might just come out the other end.