You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rafael Benitez.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Rafa in the Championship is fucking crazy when you think about it, I'd expect a few more of these score lines once he gets his shit together and gets his team playing the way he wants.

Only thing that I can remotely compare this to is when Batistuta stayed with Fiorentina when they went down, both massively, massively over qualified to be second tier.

Rafa is too good for the Championship. If he can keep a lid on the egos in the dressing room and if Ashley properly supports his manager and allows Rafa the control he needs, they'll piss the Championship and come flying back up.

He was managing ego central less than a season ago, can't be too many ego's in a team playing in the Championship I'd imagine.

The biggest problem for him no doubt is keeping a happy relationship with Ashley.

He was managing ego central less than a season ago, can't be too many ego's in a team playing in the Championship I'd imagine.

The biggest problem for him no doubt is keeping a happy relationship with Ashley.

What he has going for him is that the fans, predictably, love him. They realise they've got very lucky to get a manager of his stature. I think Ashley would be very reluctant to act the cunt, knowing the backlash. 

• 2 weeks later...