You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rafael Benitez.

Haven't posted on here for a few years ( I don't think ), since it changed its layout I think.

Anyway, just a fleeting one. Since this site harboured the esteemed 'ART' it would be interesting to ask opinion on how it's gone since :rolleyes:....Was that decision right to get rid of the current Madrid manager.....in favour of the current England manager :huh:.

How's it gone since, it's certainly five plus years now, goes fast  doesn't it. Do you think we have a better manager than Rafa, has the club progressed since he was forced out ( no matter what the European rankings state ), were the ART right :D...ahem.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 3

Haven't posted on here for a few years ( I don't think ), since it changed its layout I think.

Anyway, just a fleeting one. Since this site harboured the esteemed 'ART' it would be interesting to ask opinion on how it's gone since :rolleyes:....Was that decision right to get rid of the current Madrid manager.....in favour of the current England manager :huh:.

How's it gone since, it's certainly five plus years now, goes fast  doesn't it. Do you think we have a better manager than Rafa, has the club progressed since he was forced out ( no matter what the European rankings state ), were the ART right :D...ahem.

Negged for the abhorrent use of smileys. Burgh you fucking twat 

• Upvote 1

Rafa from interview yesterday

When presented with the Manuel Pellegrini picture Benitez said: ‘A great coach and a great person. I have a good relationship with him and he is great as a manager and a person.’

When he was shown the Carlo Ancelotti picture he responded: ‘Carlo is a friend and he is a good coach and a good person.’ Aware that the next picture he would be shown was going to be of Mourinho he joke: ‘Let’s just leave it there.’

And when he was then shown a picture of the Chelsea manager he responded: ‘A great coach... and there we will leave it.’ When he is asked: ‘And you are not going to say “good person”?’ He replied: ‘I am free to have my own opinion am I not?’

http://www.squawka.com/news/benitez-alonso-wasnt-happy-about-liverpool-sale/482230?

Benitez: Alonso “wasn’t happy” about Liverpool sale
Read more at http://www.squawka.com/news/benitez-alonso-wasnt-happy-about-liverpool-sale/482230#lueR6tHwSPDDagic.99

Real Madrid manager Rafael Benitez has revealed that Xabi Alonso did not want to leave Liverpool and “wasn’t happy” when the club put him up for sale, as per Spanish news outlet AS

Alonso moved to the Santiago Bernabeu for £30 million (fee via Telegraph) in 2009, but Benitez, who was in charge of the Merseyside club at the time, revealed that the transfer wasn’t the player’s decision.

Of the controversial Liverpool transfer, Benitez said: “When one is faced with responsibility, it’s important to assume this position. I needed the money as team manager.

“You don’t get much for selling a bad player. He wasn’t happy about it. I was clear with him and his representative. Liverpool Football Club put him up for sale.

“He had just had an excellent season and we sold him for decent money that helped us rebuild the team”.

The departure of Alonso had a huge impact on Liverpool, who struggled to replace the Spaniard’s graft and spectacular passing ability.

Alonso, now at Bayern Munich, spent five years at Madrid, with whom he won both the La Liga title and the Champions League.

The cultured midfielder was part of the Liverpool side that won the Champions League in 2005 and the FA Cup a year later, but, whilst the club did receive a substantial amount of money upon selling him, they failed to reinvest it wisely and, arguably, are still in need of a player of Alonso’s calibre in their midfield today.

Alonso, who made over 100 appearances for Spain before retiring from international football last year, helped to set the rhythm of Liverpool’s play during his time at the club and was the instigator of many of their attacks.

The 33-year-old is currently in his second season with Bayern Munich, with whom he won the Bundesliga title last season.