You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sunderland vs Liverpool 29/09/13

Ezekiel 25:17

Can't see how you thought Gerrard played well, he was constantly giving the ball away, wouldn't mind seeing his stats.

Yeah, exactly. How dare he making this peach of a pass to Sturridge to set us for our second and generally being our (only) maestro in midfield able to control our game, the bastard.

Can't wait until Johnson and Coutihno are back so the squads beefed up a bit

That I fully agree with. I am uneasy seeing us play 3 at the back where, apart from Skrtel, nobody else feels comfortable. Johnno and Coutinho can't come soon enough into the team - we really miss them both, badly.

Haha I loved that! He's a fucking nutcase! A nutcase we all love!

You should have seen what he did after Sunderland scored - he went apeshit and kicked the post in disgust.

I also love how Suarez applied himself in the two games he has been playing in, the crazy bastardo. More of the same, I say.

Finally, I'd love Sunderland to play their hearts out in their next game, so that more misery is piled on Gollum.

• Upvote 1

I thought that was a good performance considering how up for it Sunderland were and the players we were without. I thought the 3 centre backs generally coped well with whatever was thrown in at them and I can only think of one occasion when Sunderland got in behind. 

Lucas and Gerrard had probably their best outing of the season together in the centre while the front 3 all looked dangerous on the ball. Henderson and Enrique need to work on their final ball but Johnson's return will help make up for that. 

Lots to be positive about. Really pleased with the Toure signing. He's an absolute rock, talk about a renaissance. Sakho meanwhile is looking better each game and Skrtel looks a lot more comfortable in a 3. 

Let's keep it going!

That was a great pass. But he lost the ball a bit aswell with Sunderland players passing the ball around him. He needs to play further up the pitch. 

Yeah, exactly. How dare he making this peach of a pass to Sturridge to set us for our second and generally being our (only) maestro in midfield able to control our game, the bastard.

I thought that was a good performance considering how up for it Sunderland were and the players we were without. I thought the 3 centre backs generally coped well with whatever was thrown in at them and I can only think of one occasion when Sunderland got in behind. 

Lucas and Gerrard had probably their best outing of the season together in the centre while the front 3 all looked dangerous on the ball. Henderson and Enrique need to work on their final ball but Johnson's return will help make up for that. 

Lots to be positive about. Really pleased with the Toure signing. He's an absolute rock, talk about a renaissance. Sakho meanwhile is looking better each game and Skrtel looks a lot more comfortable in a 3. 

Let's keep it going!

Weakest part of our team today if you include Moses aswell.

Great result and second on the table! 5 points from 3 away-matches so far, that is impressive. 

I was especially happy with how we reacted to their goal. Instead of panicking, we passed the ball around, controlled the game and killed off their momentum. They never really managed to pile up any pressure after that and I didn´t think they looked like they would score another. Great professionalism from the players that.   

• Upvote 1

I thought we were much better second half although the way the scoring went doesn't reflect that.

Thought the defence were good & just wish we would be more careful with the ball at times , as we cause most of our own problems and can be infuriating to watch.

Some forumites are mentioning that we played more fluently in the second half of last season & I suspect our form will improve as a lot of our opponents start losing their early season freshness and start picking up injuries.

Not playing brilliantly but bar possibly Arsenal who is ?

2nd in the league rather than in the lower reaches at the same time last season & Luis coming back, I am a happy camper.

• Upvote 2

That was a great pass. But he lost the ball a bit aswell with Sunderland players passing the ball around him. He needs to play further up the pitch.

You'll get no arguments from me for the bold part.

As for the rest, yes, he may have lost the ball a few times, but he also covered Lucas' arse quite a lot throughout the whole game. If it wasn't for him, the defence would have been under even more pressure.

• Upvote 1

The Lucas bashing is getting out of hand now. Its reaching 2009 levels of ridiculousness at this stage. He played fine. The midfield looked much better today and bar 10 minutes after they scored we controlled the rest of the game.

Good result and we're still looking good to challenge for 4th.

• Upvote 3

lucas was poor for their goal. in this case lucas is too slow to turn and gerrard makes a desperate attempt to make amends for lucas' mistakes. a new DM was really needed this summer

10001933853_c4e3223324_o.gif

a midfield of a fatigued gerrard and lucas is a big concern

It's bad goalkeeping.

The end.

• Upvote 3

The only one at fault for their goal is Mignolet, how lucas gets stick for that is unreal.

Cant believe we are 2nd in the table. im made up we are. But if that wasnt Liverpool playing today i would have turned over. Apart from the goals, the quality of play was poor. both teams just gifting possession to each other constantly.

• Upvote 1

If anybodys happy with that barring the 3 points there is something wrong we were fucking shit I was there and witnessed it.First mingolet is not a sweeper keeper why continue and pass it to him its an accident waiting to happen just scrap that idea he is good though.Second what fucking game plan are we now playing to ,last year we were playing teams off the park,this year fuck me I have not a clue what we are doing where has the high pressing game gone its like just play and hope for the best.If that was a decent team today we would be looking at three straight defeats

The only one at fauly for the goal is Skrtel who turned his back on the shot, got megged, ended up on his arse and then Giaccherini just jogged past his prone corpse and onto the end of it.  Can't really blame Mignolet, it came through Skrtel;s legs and it was shifting.

But let's not get too carried away with it all, every team concedes goals.

Scrappy game, poor Sunderland side, but we have the quality players to make a difference in the final third and they don't.

Gerrard put that goal on a plate for Suarez didn't he?  He left Sturridge with nothing, nothing to do.  Except travel 30 yards and casually speed past Cuellar and put in an inch perfect cross.  They should share that assist.

If anybodys happy with that barring the 3 points there is something wrong we were fucking shit I was there and witnessed it.First mingolet is not a sweeper keeper why continue and pass it to him its an accident waiting to happen just scrap that idea he is good though.Second what fucking game plan are we now playing to ,last year we were playing teams off the park,this year fuck me I have not a clue what we are doing where has the high pressing game gone its like just play and hope for the best.If that was a decent team today we would be looking at three straight defeats

But that's the best thing about this season surely -we're yet to play well yet are doing what we used to do  and United have been doing for 20 years - play badly and win.  Once we have a settled formation, all our key players are fit and firing, the new players settled in etc, then I expect the performances to improve significantly, probably to the same difference as the 1st and 2nd half of last season. 

In the meantime, keep on doing enough to win and enjoy the winning mentality Kolo is giving the team.

But that's the best thing about this season surely -we're yet to play well yet are doing what we used to do  and United have been doing for 20 years - play badly and win.  Once we have a settled formation, all our key players are fit and firing, the new players settled in etc, then I expect the performances to improve significantly, probably to the same difference as the 1st and 2nd half of last season. 

In the meantime, keep on doing enough to win and enjoy the winning mentality Kolo is giving the team.

I know what you are saying mate but its the likes of Swansea and southamton that are a better team and we carnt do anything with them,as you say theres players to come back and change of formation,but I was shocked at how ordinary we looked today .Kolo and sakho are beasts class today
  • Upvote 1