You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

How long can we carrry a player like Sterling?

Code

I think that's a bit uneccessary RL, and for what it's worth the's totally right, Sterling is woeful, done nothing of note for as long as I can remember and my heart sinks when he comes on.

It's not unnecessary though. The kid is 18 and he's shown streaks of brilliance before but he's still clearly a work in progress. Sickens me when we have almost all our team playing like goons on Saturday then some snidey twat comes on here to single out one young player for a dig.

How are we carrying a player that's not a first 11 player that we depend on week in week out.

This thread would have had more relevance over the last couple of years for say Downing.

Someone that played week in week out and offered the square root of sweet fuck all.

It's not unnecessary though. The kid is 18 and he's shown streaks of brilliance before but he's still clearly a work in progress. Sickens me when we have almost all our team playing like goons on Saturday then some snidey twat comes on here to single out one young player for a dig.

I know you are a bit thick Bladderz, but I actually did not think you were this thick.

• Downvote 2

How are we carrying a player that's not a first 11 player that we depend on week in week out.

This thread would have had more relevance over the last couple of years for say Downing.

Someone that played week in week out and offered the square root of sweet fuck all.

How are we not carrying a player who offers next to nothing every game we play unless he gets 40 yards of open space to run into?

The original question was when can we expect something from him without getting the pathetic excuse he is young blah, blah, blah.

If we cant expect anything from a player in our first team squad, then why is he there and why do we pay him big money?

Those who have taken such an issue with the original post wh are you so offended, I cvan only guess its because you think Sterling actually contributes with something, if so what is that and if he contributes why is petty insults your best argument?

Funny stuff.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

How are we not carrying a player who offers next to nothing every game we play unless he gets 40 yards of open space to run into?

The original question was when can we expect something from him without getting the pathetic excuse he is young blah, blah, blah.

If we cant expect anything from a player in our first team squad, then why is he there and why do we pay him big money?

Those who have taken such an issue with the original post wh are you so offended, I cvan only guess its because you think Sterling actually contributes with something, if so what is that and if he contributes why is petty insults your best argument?

Funny stuff.

I don't see what's petty about it. You could have made the same argument about Ibe or Alberto if it's about the first team squad so why not do that?

My point is a thread like this has more relevance if there is a first team player not carrying his weight or contributing like Downing did for us or Young for the Mancs.

If your going to have a go at Sterling for not contributing enough as part of the first team squad as I said why not do Ibe and Alberto threads as well?

funny stuff indeed.

'How long can the FF carry a poster like Code' should have been the thread title. I like Code but from time to time an abomination of a thread like this rears its ugly head.

The lack of self awareness, contradicting himself and completely lacking in being humble or admitting when wrong is mental behaviour.

Sterling will be fine, i'd prefer him off the bench than some if the other lot. He just needs to keep his nose clean off the pitch and also.... Grow ip and stop having the cheek to be still 18 and learning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

• Upvote 2

I don't see what's petty about it. You could have made the same argument about Ibe or Alberto if it's about the first team squad so why not do that?

My point is a thread like this has more relevance if there is a first team player not carrying his weight or contributing like Downing did for us or Young for the Mancs.

If your going to have a go at Sterling for not contributing enough as part of the first team squad as I said why not do Ibe and Alberto threads as well?

funny stuff indeed.

I could?

Seems I must have missed a few games his season.

• Downvote 1

'How long can the FF carry a poster like Code' should have been the thread title. I like Code but from time to time an abomination of a thread like this rears its ugly head.

The lack of self awareness, contradicting himself and completely lacking in being humble or admitting when wrong is mental behaviour.

Sterling will be fine, i'd prefer him off the bench than some if the other lot. He just needs to keep his nose clean off the pitch and also.... Grow ip and stop having the cheek to be still 18 and learning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

What do you expect him to do when he comes on?

Funny how no one can answer that one.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I could?

Seems I must have missed a few games his season.

you could have. Alberto has had 3 appearances so far. 2 from the bench in the league and in the league cup.

Sterling has had 4 from the the bench in the league and start in the league cup when he scored.

Even at that still can't see your point mate how are we carrying somebody who has hardly played.

So I'll ask again where's your Alberto thread he should be getting stick now as we must be carrying him and sterling.

You answer it first 

I expect fuck all fom him because he is shite and not ready for this level at all, I also expect fuck all from him because thats what he has contributed with 99% of the games he has played.

Unless of course you think running 10-15 yards with the ball until you run into someone is contributing.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I expect fuck all fom him because he is shite and not ready for this level at all, I also expect fuck all from him because thats what he has contributed with 99% of the games he has played.

Unless of course you think running 10-15 yards with the ball until you run into someone is contributing.

Fuck knows what this thread is for. You obviously didn't expect everyone to agree with you and, surprise surprise, most people don't. It isn't Sterlings fault he's playing but you know that. He isn't shit he's a good prospect, but like many 'knowledgable' fans, you're determined to undermine him to prove a point of some kind. No need for you to take such a hard arsed posture with your opening post of the thread but you can't help yourself in your desperation to prove that you will 'just not accept mediocrity', like you have any say at all in who plays for our team.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

• Upvote 1

Fuck knows what this thread is for. You obviously didn't expect everyone to agree with you and, surprise surprise, most people don't. It isn't Sterlings fault he's playing but you know that. He isn't shit he's a good prospect, but like many 'knowledgable' fans, you're determined to undermine him to prove a point of some kind. No need for you to take such a hard arsed posture with your opening post of the thread but you can't help yourself in your desperation to prove that you will 'just not accept mediocrity', like you have any say at all in who plays for our team.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

When you look to our bench Bossy, do you ever think, thank God we have Sterling on the bench in case we need someone to come on and try to change the game in our favour?

• Upvote 1

It's as much a challenge for Rodgers as it is for Sterling. His ability is beyond question, with a fat contract under his belt and his off the field "lifestyle" issues he was always going to require careful management.

I would like to see him continue to get opportunities, as I would for several other younger players, Wisdom in particular.

• Upvote 1

Code, would you concede that at the age of 18 it would be silly to completely write him off?

I agree with you that he isn't currently good enough to be even a squad player for us. He needs to improve a lot, and probably will. A loan deal, and some regular football, would be good for all concerned.

he isn't currently good enough to be even a squad player for us. He needs to improve a lot, and probably will. A loan deal, and some regular football, would be good for all concerned.

But he was good enough to give a £1.5m a year contract to. Thus those at the club, players and staff, need to work to realise his undoubted talent.

I am still confident that he will have a part to play this season in our first team.

• Downvote 1

But he was good enough to give a £1.5m a year contract to. Thus those at the club, players and staff, need to work to realise his undoubted talent.

I am still confident that he will have a part to play this season in our first team.

Yeah, and Milan Jovanovic was "good enough" to be paid obscene amounts too but it means jack shit. 

Yeah, and Milan Jovanovic was "good enough" to be paid obscene amounts too but it means jack shit.