You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The let's be positive thread

Stickman

The club is financially sound and we have some good youth players.

I hope you're right on our youth players because it about time we produced a few. Flanno and Sterling are the only ones i can think of to make their mark on the first team in the last few years. mSouthampton have turned over Walcott, Bale, Chambers, Ox Chaimbelin, Lallana, Shaw and others in the past few years, sold them all and are still second in the table.

We just bought 20year old Markovic for big money, i hope our youth players break through quickly so we do not feel the need to blow that amount on young squad players again.

• 3 weeks later...

Despite his limitations Lambert showed more intelligence in his game tonight than ballotelli is capable of. 2 goals in 2 as well.

He brought players into the game as well. We might even get some patterns of play going soon if we have someone halfway reliable up there. We don't have much to cling to right now so ill go for that.

I never made it to that match, so I had the radio on.  The front door was open (probably because it was when Mrs O'T used to smoke) and there must have been a couple of seconds delay with the radio, because I heard this almighty fucking roar from the ground, half a mile away, before the radio relayed it.

• Upvote 1

I won a free meal in a bet with a waiter at a restaurant in Goa for that game. Remember watching the Olympiakos gamebon my own in another restaurant with some if the waiters all asleep under the bar. I loved it there tgen, now the Russians are there in numbers are its shite

Despite his limitations Lambert showed more intelligence in his game tonight than ballotelli is capable of. 2 goals in 2 as well.

He brought players into the game as well. We might even get some patterns of play going soon if we have someone halfway reliable up there. We don't have much to cling to right now so ill go for that.

Lambert was always a much better player than he had previously shown with us, he's a solid canny player, we shouldn't have to be relying on him though, that's the real problem.

Hopefully a few of the other signings can start stepping it up like Lambert has.

Assuming the prize monies stay the same, if we win the league cup for the next four years we will have covered the financial loss from last night's Ludogorets equaliser.

What loss?

The equaliser leaves us in exactly the same position - beat Basel at Anfield and we qualify.

You get a few hundred grand for a win in the group stages.  At least I assume that's what he's talking about.

Yep, €1000000 for a group stage win and €500000 for a draw. The prize money for winning the league cup is £100000.