You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I'm gonna' be a Dad!

Carradona

Congrats Cain - I echo those sentiments of sleeping now.

My little 'angel' is nearly two and a half now, and I can't remember the last time I had a lie-in past 8.30am...

My girl's 15 weeks tomorrow. Been up before 6 every day except one. But the hardest part is having to elbow my bird in the ribs to get up and do the night feed.

Anybody who said bid farewell to sleep was right. If you're still in bed at 8am on the weekend, you'd better be ill or dead.

Joking aside, having a kid is the best thing you'll ever do. I made the decision late in life, (I'm 39 now, my son is 18 months), and my only regret is I didn't do it sooner. "Life is what happens to you whilst you're busy making other plans".

Congratulations young man, hope all goes well.

• Upvote 2

Anybody who said bid farewell to sleep was right. If you're still in bed at 8am on the weekend, you'd better be ill or dead.

The wife and I take it in turns at the weekend, so one gets a lie-in on the Saturday, the other one on the Sunday.

I'm still normally up by 8.30am on my lie-in morning however, unless I've been out on the piss the night before.

Which is another increasingly rare occurrence once a sprog arrives...

The wife and I take it in turns at the weekend, so one gets a lie-in on the Saturday, the other one on the Sunday.

I'm still normally up by 8.30am on my lie-in morning however, unless I've been out on the piss the night before.

Which is another increasingly rare occurrence once a sprog arrives...

Yeah, thats what me and the missus said we'd do as well, we usually both end up getting up at the same time though.

Having a kid was another reason for binning off the ale for me (apart from some minor health issues). Getting out of bed to look after a child = hard. Getting out of bed with a hangover to look after a child = no, just no. Haven't had a drink in two years now. When he can take care of himself in the mornings, I'll start chancing a beer or two now and again. Although I'll be a fucking cheap date by then.

• Upvote 1

Yeah, thats what me and the missus said we'd do as well, we usually both end up getting up at the same time though.

Having a kid was another reason for binning off the ale for me (apart from some minor health issues). Getting out of bed to look after a child = hard. Getting out of bed with a hangover to look after a child = no, just no. Haven't had a drink in two years now. When he can take care of himself in the mornings, I'll start chancing a beer or two now and again. Although I'll be a fucking cheap date by then.

I think that happened to me just once. At that stage my day started just after 05.00 and lying there on the sofa trying to answer his demands for attention something in my head just clicked and I knew I wasnt going to do that again.

If its any consolation come the Christmas holidays of his first year at school he slept in for the first time....and he's never looked back

I think that happened to me just once. At that stage my day started just after 05.00 and lying there on the sofa trying to answer his demands for attention something in my head just clicked and I knew I wasnt going to do that again.

If its any consolation come the Christmas holidays of his first year at school he slept in for the first time....and he's never looked back

Good lad. Roll on them schooldays!