You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Swansea away match thread

fowler9

Well, what a first half. Relentless and a great game to be fair but too much at my age. Shelves motm so far..... Skirtel has been fantastic hope he continues like this. Moses has been good as has Henderson , others drifted in and out but not too bad really. Wisdom does look a bit shaky at times but has got his foot in too. Sakho has been generally ok with a few weird moments but he needs to bed in.

Need to be tighter in the middle second half and make our good attackers account.

Not playing well at all, despite the lead.  Shelvey's been our best player.

Need to improve on our defending from the front.  We're practically letting Swansea come right us, even up to the point were they get a cross in or a long shot.  I realise Sturridge probably isn't fully fit for it but even Coutinho, Gerrard and Lucas are standing off too much.

Sakho looks far too up for it and a result is playing without a brain.  Can only improve.

Time to do your work Brendan.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Their movement up front has been very good at times. I think Sakho did well over all. He's a bit off the pace, having not started the season at PSG, but he did some things very well too.

Moses has been good, with a quality goal. Gerrard anonymous, Wisdom a bit nervous but okay. Sturridge and Coutinho need more support.

Gerrard needs somebody with more mobility alongside against sides like this. Glad we are winning.

1) We'll be better with Luis;

2) This tactic of surrendering 2/3 of the pitch, not contesting the wings, and compressing everything to the center will bring us to fecking ruin;

3) Mignolet sends everything down the right, we're we've won nothing.

Another second half of laying deep, deep and deeper?

Not playing well at all, despite the lead.  Shelvey's been our best player.

Need to improve on our defending from the front.  We're practically letting Swansea come right us, even up to the point were they get a cross in or a long shot.  I realise Sturridge probably isn't fully fit for it but even Coutinho, Gerrard and Lucas are standing off too much.

Sakho looks far too up for it and a result is playing without a brain.  Can only improve.

Time to do your work Brendan.

Pleased to see us come back from conceding an early goal.I think on the whole we have pressed well in midfield.Cant complain really as we are winning without playing great.What more can we ask for?.