You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Featured: Laudrup surprised at Sturridge 'quick recovery'

tlw content

He's not very good at the mind games is poor Michael. I hope Sturridge does something similar to Luis dive against Moyes at the pit last year. That would shut him up. Actually, just a goal from Dannny will hopefully shut him up.

I'd love for Sturridge to involve our physios in the celebration.

• Upvote 1

People complain about players getting back right after internationals when they are injured, but the other option is a player getting injured for a long time not being able to play for their club and country for a long time. Sturridge needed this recovery and might be able to help England in the next couple of games.

Had to smile at laudrup.

He said it was 'strange' and 'wasnt there some rule?' about not playing for your country then turning out for your club but then says its none of his business.

So why did the twat even mention it then!?

Ah sure it's nothing, next he'll be surprised at how quickly Daniel Sturridge can get a hat-trick after returning from injury, Ian Ayre will appear in a cold dressing room, laughing in plain sight at Laudrup's surprise before mounting his shoulders forcing people to take pictures. Swansea and Laudrup will be humbled on this fateful day.

Michael Laudrup is a fella who I am unable to dislike. Excellent player back in the day. I vaguely remember he nearly signed for us but we couldn't agree on the length of the contract. He seems a decent fella too, and apparently, even at his age now, he's still the best player at Swansea whenever he joins in with the training. 

Sturridge brace coming up, mind. 

Listening to Battle of the Mersey on saturday and this came up. St John came up with a good point. When he was playing if a big match club match was coming up and the player was carrying a injury the club would ask the player to pull out of the International, but as he said that does not work as nowadays the players see the England Doctors and it was them that decided Sturridge not fit

Didn't look fully recovered to me tonight. Impressed that he still put in a good shift, but he's not sprinting at full pace at the moment and he hasn't for the last couple of games. I wouldn't be surprised if he was rested when Suarez returns, although that would probably depend on other injuries.