You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Featured: Liverpool is in my blood says Owen

tlw content

he will have massive regrets about his career

158 goals for Liverpool, ought to be a legend but isn't

It must be terrible seeing a few players recently get 100 caps when hes been stuck on 89 caps for 5 years, should have England goalscorers record aswell, scored his 40th in 2007

Retired at 33, he's still had a good career but he should of acheived way more

Owen comes across as a bit of a tit and he is very dull on BT. However, I always say to myself, he can't be that bad if he is Carra's mate, can he?

Personally, I can't be arsed disliking him. I'd rather just remember his goals, with these two being the pick of the bunch. It was an absolute pleasure to be there to witness them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96v2FsoVZQI

This is all about marketing. When the suits at BT look at the competition they see well known former players who are all identified with clubs, inseparable from them, really. All fans identify with their clubs, too.

Owen never identified with us before because it didn't matter to him. Now he's a better sell if the public see him as a club man. Fine, we can start referring to him exclusively as the former Stoke CIty front man.

He's a harmless, good-natured fella who banged in goals for Liverpool and helped us win trophies. I find it impossible to dislike him, but it's quite funny seeing him being ripped to pieces on Twitter now and again.

This. 200 goals for us in next to no time. Yeah, he made mistakes - big ones - and I didn't like how his priorities seemed to be himself and his England career over LFC. But I just don't have it in me to hate a professional sportsman for mistakes he made in his career - even less so when said sportsman scored bucketloads of goals and was integral in trophy wins for Liverpool. I've made mistakes in my life and in my career, and I was under the impression everyone had!

Never really warmed to him the way I did with other great strikers we've had, and he was great for us.  Despite how some would like to rewrite that now.  I'm not sure why either to be honest.

In the end up we got the best days out of him and went onto better things.   He grates me on BtSports, not because of anything he's done in his career but more I just find him a boring bland cunt.