You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Featured: Liverpool is in my blood says Owen

tlw content

Michael Owen says that Liverpool 'is in his blood' but has defended his decision to sign for Manchester United because 'you only get one shot at it'.

The striker angered many Liverpool fans by joining United after being relegated with Newcastle in 2009, but Owen, now 33 and working for BT Sport as a pundit, says it was either United or Everton and Liverpool fans were going to be upset either way.  

"If I hadn't have signed for Man United, the other option at that time was Everton and I don't think a lot of Liverpool fans would have been happy if I had gone there either." he said.

"Anyone with any nous or normality about them realises that you only get one shot at it. You have got to do what's best for your career and to play at the highest level.

"I played for Liverpool from the tender age of 11 with Stevie Gerrard. Liverpool is in my blood and I want to see them do well. I've been back to Anfield a couple of times already this season and the reception I've had has been great."

Click here to view the article

• Upvote 2

Guest Numero Veinticinco

That's what he said just before he stitched us, left for next to nothing, fucked off to Newcastle over us and then played for our mortal enemy.

Fuck you.

• Upvote 1

I think he is missing the point completely. I don't think that many people were upset about him joining Man Utd , it was the provocative comments he made to cosy up to their fans that annoyed Liverpool fans.

Having said that, he gave us a lot more great memories than most & was probably just the fore-runner of the selfishness we now see in the great majority of players.

• Upvote 1

I think he is missing the point completely. I don't think that many people were upset about him joining Man Utd , it was the provocative comments he made to cosy up to their fans that annoyed Liverpool fans.

That was deffo the case for me.

he is only saying that so he gets invited to after-dinner events in kirkby. 

must be skint. 

he used to be a blue as a kid right? if he had gone to them instead of the mancs i'd have the tiniest bit of care for him. people used to ask why the kop never warmed to him like fowler and gerrard.... apart fom him being from chester, it was because it was always about michael owen with him. look at his interviews even when he was 18, it was all about himself and his own development etc. fuck him and fuck his horses. 

fucking bograt. 

Fuck the manu thing, we developed this cunt only for him to purposely fuck us over with his contract and cost us mils.Now hes finished and knows no fans give a fuck about him he wants to get in Liverpool fans good books.We seen how much he didn't care with his comments at the mancs Ill never forgive him or accept him as a Liverpool legend.