You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What a fucking lowlife

mht1892

Scum.

This is the face of one of Britain’s most notorious internet trolls.

As his alter ego Old Holborn, Robert Ambridge is responsible for a series of vile and offensive Twitter posts that have brought him death threats.

Thousands were outraged when Ambridge, who appears on his Twitter page with his identity disguised by a plastic pig mask, tweeted about the Hillsborough Stadium disaster. He posted a picture of two overweight women and claimed ‘this is what crushed the 96’.

Ambridge, 51, a recruitment consultant and father of six from Braintree, Essex, also made disgusting comments about the murder of James Bulger which deeply upset his mother. But an unrepentant Ambridge claims people who are offended by his comments have only themselves to blame.

‘It is not my responsibility what other people find upsetting. I didn’t target anyone. I didn’t send an email. They chose to read what I wrote. If they don’t like it, they should turn it off. I don’t care what people find offensive.’

Justifying his tweet about Hillsborough, he added: ‘This is dark humour. People might not like my humour but I think it is funny and it gets a chuckle.’

This week, the self-proclaimed ‘satirical terrorist’ will seek to justify his vitriolic internet posts in an ITV documentary called Fear And Loathing Online.

More...

A-level student reported to police and his future university by headmaster after he criticised school in online blog

Ambridge agreed to be filmed without his pig mask, although his face was not shown. But The Mail on Sunday traced Ambridge to his dilapidated Victorian home in Braintree.

With an appearance more akin to Coronation Street’s hapless cafe owner Roy Cropper than a cutting-edge satirist, he initially denied he was Old Holborn.

Masking his identity: How he appears on Twitter

But later, speaking at the wheel of his battered Toyota vehicle, gap-toothed Ambridge said: ‘I am there to upset the apple cart. It is a form of entertainment. Trolling is like putting a fishing line in a shoal of fish and seeing what you can get.’

Ambridge worked for Alchemy Recruitment in Braintree until April, when he was first outed as a notorious online troll. Following his Hillsborough comments, people bombarded the firm with phone calls and threatened to burn down its offices.

An investigation was launched by Essex Police over tweets relating to the Boston bombing, as well as the Hillsborough disaster and the Bulger murder. Ambridge has since left the company.

Police said the CPS is considering whether to pursue a case of criminal communication through social media involving a 51-year-old man from Braintree.

Fear and Loathing Online, ITV, Thursday at 7.30pm.

Read more: Twitter troll unmasked: Father of six who is one of Britain's vilest internet trolls exposed after posting sick jokes about Hillsborough disaster | Mail Online

Having seen his real face I can understand why he wears a pig mask. My advice would be to wear it all the time as it's a vast improvement.

As for his comments, like all trolls he leads such a futile, miserable little existence that the only succor he gleans is from trying to make others feel bad or angry in order to feed off that negative energy.

As a teenager one of the lads would have a younger brother who wanted to hang around with us. We didn't want the little scrote so he would be obnoxious etc to egt attention.

The guy is that but has nit grown up.

I do not believe that people like this should be prosecuted or threatened.

Ignore the slugs and they will shrivel up and die

I'd be more inclined to pity him than hate him. How truly empty and meaningless must his life be if he's convinced himself that what he's doing is some kind of satire?

Pre internet this type of loon would be tempted to go out and do something really nasty to get attention, so i'd prefer he was behind his keyboard spewing vileness than going out looking for a way to be noticed.

I'd be more inclined to pity him than hate him. How truly empty and meaningless must his life be if he's convinced himself that what he's doing is some kind of satire?

Pre internet this type of loon would be tempted to go out and do something really nasty to get attention' date=' so i'd prefer he was behind his keyboard spewing vileness than going out looking for a way to be noticed.[/quote']

thats bollox mate, hes a cunt and he doesnt need pity, he needs a good battering.

but saying that, ignoring him would be the best thing to do.

Should we not discuss it then? Silenced by a troll (him, not you).

I don't think so no, it winds me up more seeing people slobbering over there keyboards getting themselves all worked up over these idiots. If they got no response from anyone they wouldn't exist they'd just go and find something else to do.