You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Verona directors are in London amid reports Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal want Juan Iturbe and Jorginho.

Italian media note that Hellas Verona President Maurizio Setti and director of sport Sean Sogliano were at Stamford Bridge for Sunday's Premier League game between Chelsea and Liverpool.

It's reported their presence was not just for pleasure, as both those clubs - as well as Arsenal - have shown an interest in two Verona players.

They are Argentina Under-20 international Iturbe, who escaped unscathed from a car crash over the weekend, and 22-year-old Italian midfielder of Brazilian origin Jorginho.

This is not the first time that Liverpool have been linked with Jorginho, as he was also a target over the summer.

His price-tag is thought to be around €8m after he scored seven goals and provided four assists in his first 16 Serie A games.

Iturbe is on loan from Porto, but Verona have an option to buy at the end of the season and will pick that up.

Other clubs tracking Iturbe include Roma, Juventus, Fiorentina and Napoli.

Source: Football Italia

Also some kid from Udinese called Badu. Are they any good?

I have never heard of any of them. That means nothing though as I don't follow the euro stuff.

Very wary of a story linking Chelsea to anyone at the monent as they already have their full quota of 17 non-home grown players over 21 plus Hazard, Oscar and De Bruyne who are all classed as under 21 (even though they are all older) who I believe will "come of age" during this transfer window. If I'm right they have to ship three non-home grown players this month just to stand still.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

All non members please join up receive upto date exclusives from me on the transfers thread. I've been right at least 2 days before the papers in the last 3 windows. I have a 100% record. One signing for January already confirmed. I wont be posting exclusives on here anymore. live with it.

This. I personally think Dave is shite and the site is shite and wouldn't support it because it's so shite. However, such is the brilliance of Mathew's insider knowledge, I think it's money well spent.

All non members please join up receive upto date exclusives from me on the transfers thread. I've been right at least 2 days before the papers in the last 3 windows. I have a 100% record. One signing for January already confirmed. I wont be posting exclusives on here anymore. live with it.

A 100% right, or 100% wrong, Matthew?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

If we don't sign The Egyptian Messi i'm going to shoot my source. 

Reds keen on Mohamed Salah but no fee agreed

Liverpool remain keen on FC Basel forward Mohamed Salah – but reports suggesting a £7million fee has been agreed are wide of the mark.

The Reds have held initial talks with the Swiss outfit but the ECHO understands that any potential deal for the Egypt international remains some way off.

There has been intense speculation in his homeland that Salah would arrive on Merseyside later this week to undergo a medical and pen a five-year deal.

However, that's news to Liverpool officials who have yet to make a breakthrough in discussions with Basel.

There are also a number of other clubs interested in the player known as the 'Egyptian Messi' and the Swiss Super League side are in no rush to sell.

Unless a compromise can be reached, Liverpool are prepared to wait until the summer when Salah, who scored both home and away against Chelsea in the Champions League earlier this season, will enter the final two years of his contract.

A 100% right, or 100% wrong, Matthew?

White knuckler this is.

Such is the PR machine of the club. They get some criticism for not spending enough, so leak stories about the costs being high, then when they fail, all of a sudden they weren't that expensive

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

'cept, problem is Roma published the details in their accounts.

Unless a compromise can be reached, Liverpool are prepared to wait until the summer when Salah, who scored both home and away against Chelsea in the Champions League earlier this season, will enter the final two years of his contract

Quality reporting. No wonder Barry Wom rates the press over our man, Brendan. :oi oi:

• Downvote 1

I don't think Rodgers is convinced about Enrique

Why?  He has pretty much been first choice the whole time under Rodgers.  Also Rodgers said he was one of the best left backs in the league before he got injured.

I think he rates him highly and rightly so.

If you don't listen to this then you're mad. Matthewbet1's the only reason I didn't kill myself last Tuesday week.

We should go all out and sign a few up comers who'll put us on a level playing field with Chelsea, Man City and Man Utd, I'm thinking Robert Madley and Michael Oliver both relatively young and could aid us in the future. Chuck in a few "influential" journalists and we'll be set for a good while.

On the playing side of things what's happening with Will Hughes is that still on? Also we should activate Diego Costas £32m release clause and speak to him, I know it would be a very hard sell but at least having the chance to speak to him and putting our plans forward it would give us an opportunity, realistically Athletico will win nothing this year and finish 3rd. With him we'd definitely finish top 4 maybe higher and should be able to pay him more money than Athletico. As far as I know he's not an Athletico fan and I don't suppose he's earned a ridiculous amount of money as he hasn't been a top level player for long. Chelsea or Arsenal might nick him before us or he may prefer a move to either but we should at least have another go as I believe he's ideal to the league.

Can we recall Assaidi?

He does seem to have been one of our players that has really benefitted from going out on loan. Great to see him getting in on the goals.

On the Q, I believe we can’t recall them when it is the same league?