You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The way I see it is Borini was coming off some great form for Roma, got in the Italy squad and had played well for Rodgers previously. Rodgers has come to a new club that had a limited scouting setup (as evidenced by the rehaul that was done) and had to get someone in who he knew. Not worked out yet but he could still come good as a player here or somewhere else.

With Aspas they obviously tried to do a Michu. Their records are very similar both had a massive break through season in la liga. The difference is Michu is 6ft 1in and built like a centre half. Now I'd guess we looked at Aspas and thought we didn't need him to lead the line so don't need as much of a physical presence and he had a reputation for being aggressive and getting in people's faces so that might have gotten him through. He could still give us something but he needs to show some aggression and desire, not in the knee capping sense but getting stuck in and giving it 100%

Also luck with injuries plays a big part, neither of them 2 have been able to get a run

Today's Marca regarding Tello, few other reports knocking round too.

YOUNGSTER WILL INITIALLY GO TO MERSEYSIDE ON LOAN

Tello move to Liverpool imminent

CARLES ESCOLÁN. BARCELONA 12/30/2013

PrintSend

Cristian Tello is nearing his Barça exit during the coming winter transfer window. As revealed by Radio MARCA, the player who came through the 'Culé' youth system already has one foot in Liverpool.

Some months ago, Tello publicly expressed his disappointment at the lack of playing time he was getting under Martino. "If I can't play for Barça then I'll consider leaving", was the comment he made.

Tello has only played ten 'Liga BBVA' games so far this season, starting twice, and is yet to register a goal in the Spanish league this campaign.

http://www.marca.com/2013/12/30/en/football/barcelona/1388427281.html

Just come across this tweet on another Forum.

TheRedDrJ ‏@TheRedDrJ 1m

Salah, Rakitic, M'Villa, Matuidi, Tello, Montoya & Costa lined up to sign on Thurs. Brilliant business by the ITK's working hard for #LFC

Now that would be a good window! Ha ha.

TheRedDrJ ‏@TheRedDrJ 1m

Salah, Rakitic, M'Villa, Matuidi, Tello, Montoya & Costa lined up to sign on Thurs. Brilliant business by the ITK's working hard for #LFC

The tweet's credibility decrease further and further as i read the name, it became bullshit when it came to Costa.

Verona directors are in London amid reports Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal want Juan Iturbe and Jorginho.

Italian media note that Hellas Verona President Maurizio Setti and director of sport Sean Sogliano were at Stamford Bridge for Sunday's Premier League game between Chelsea and Liverpool.

It's reported their presence was not just for pleasure, as both those clubs - as well as Arsenal - have shown an interest in two Verona players.

They are Argentina Under-20 international Iturbe, who escaped unscathed from a car crash over the weekend, and 22-year-old Italian midfielder of Brazilian origin Jorginho.

This is not the first time that Liverpool have been linked with Jorginho, as he was also a target over the summer.

His price-tag is thought to be around €8m after he scored seven goals and provided four assists in his first 16 Serie A games.

Iturbe is on loan from Porto, but Verona have an option to buy at the end of the season and will pick that up.

Other clubs tracking Iturbe include Roma, Juventus, Fiorentina and Napoli.

Source: Football Italia

Also some kid from Udinese called Badu. Are they any good?

I have never heard of any of them. That means nothing though as I don't follow the euro stuff.

Today's Marca regarding Tello, few other reports knocking round too.

YOUNGSTER WILL INITIALLY GO TO MERSEYSIDE ON LOAN

Tello move to Liverpool imminent

CARLES ESCOLÁN. BARCELONA 12/30/2013

PrintSend

Cristian Tello is nearing his Barça exit during the coming winter transfer window. As revealed by Radio MARCA, the player who came through the 'Culé' youth system already has one foot in Liverpool.

Some months ago, Tello publicly expressed his disappointment at the lack of playing time he was getting under Martino. "If I can't play for Barça then I'll consider leaving", was the comment he made.

Tello has only played ten 'Liga BBVA' games so far this season, starting twice, and is yet to register a goal in the Spanish league this campaign.

http://www.marca.com/2013/12/30/en/football/barcelona/1388427281.html

TheRedDrJ ‏@TheRedDrJ 1m

we'll win the world cup if we get all them.

I've no reasons to believe the manager when defending himself. Managers lie all the time, including Liverpool ones. Are you 6 or something? You're more naive than my daughter.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

My point is when the choice comes down to believing the press or believing Rodgers, I'll believe Rodgers, even knowing he will be prone to the occasional lie. You can believe whoever the fuck you like.
  • Upvote 1

My point is when the choice comes down to believing the press or believing Rodgers, I'll believe Rodgers, even knowing he will be prone to the occasional lie. You can believe whoever the fuck you like.

I don't believe either and assume anything you read has someone's agenda. The exceptions to this are the likes of the aquilani deal, where the deal had to be announced in full to the stock exchange as they were listed at the time - and Rafa even tried to say that fee wasn't true!

I don't believe either and assume anything you read has someone's agenda. The exceptions to this are the likes of the aquilani deal, where the deal had to be announced in full to the stock exchange as they were listed at the time - and Rafa even tried to say that fee wasn't true!

You are right of course; Rodgers has to manipulate the press and will be doing so. Though, I struggle with people using - what are essentially - arbitrary figures as a stick to beat Rodgers with. You may not have been doing this, of course, as I haven't really followed the convo. Apologies for butting in, really.

You are right of course; Rodgers has to manipulate the press and will be doing so. Though, I struggle with people using - what are essentially - arbitrary figures as a stick to beat Rodgers with. You may not have been doing this, of course, as I haven't really followed the convo. Apologies for butting in, really.

I'm certainly not beating Rodgers. My point through all this is we seem happy to spend on the future with little or no consideration for having a big enough squad to get through the season. I don't think this is Rodgers choice. The committee,board and owners I think.

I'm certainly not beating Rodgers. My point through all this is we seem happy to spend on the future with little or no consideration for having a big enough squad to get through the season. I don't think this is Rodgers choice. The committee,board and owners I think.

Well, for a long sighted view, it's certainly short sighted. Hopefully the board/committee/owners will back Rodgers in this window to build on this start and take advantage of a very open season.

We'll have something close to £20 mil to spend probably. For all this talk of the board backing us or not and Rodgers being coy on what we have we usually have the same amount to spend each window. It's almost as if they don't want to tell people what they will and won't spend! Also, for the people saying we should still have the money that was set aside for Mkhitaryan, then Costa and then Willian, didn't we spend that cash on Sakho, and ILori?

We have at least 5 glaring weaknesses in the starting eleven. I expect we'll try to address at least two of them in the January window

Both fullback positions.

The Lucas role.

Not enough goals from the wide positions.

Right sided Centre Back

If I'm being brutally honest then I don't think any of the centre backs are good enough long-term to partner Sakho either. I wonder whether Rodgers will move back in for the Greek in the summer.

For me Johnson is gone. His loss of form has been alarming and it can't be any coincidence that it's happened around the time of his contract talks stalling. He's the third best paid player at the club. Get rid. We need a top replacement in this position. Flanagan is a good squad player. 

I don't think Rodgers is convinced about Enrique so I expect a left-back to be signed either this window or next. I'd still like to see Enrique stay within the squad. 

It's clear to anybody that we need a more mobile presence protecting the defence than Lucas if we want to play this pressing game. Henderson and Allen have it, now we need that midfield anchor to have that capability. 

As for the last signing, you can never have enough match winners in the squad and we still rely too heavily on Suarez and Sturridge. I think we need somebody with pace to burn who has composure in front of goal. Have to say that Sterling has been excellent since his reintroduction into the team, but he needs competition. 

• Upvote 1

If I'm being brutally honest then I don't think any of the centre backs are good enough long-term to partner Sakho either. I wonder whether Rodgers will move back in for the Greek in the summer.

The lad has only just come back from his knee issues.Played two games beforw the winter break.We shouldn't be in for him untill he shows he is fit.

All non members please join up receive upto date exclusives from me on the transfers thread. I've been right at least 2 days before the papers in the last 3 windows. I have a 100% record. One signing for January already confirmed. I wont be posting exclusives on here anymore. live with it.

• Upvote 13