You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The committee's doing a great job, you can't say Llori and Alberto have been failures, because they haven't been given a chance. I remember us being linked to Paddy McCourt, Scott Dann and Phil Jones. Now it's Salah, Tello, Reges, Matic and Montoya.... all good players. The signings that could of took us to the next level like Costa and that Armenian guy didn't happen because they didn't want to come here, that's not the committee's fault.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Fatigue is a function of either/both a) poor conditioning, b) lack of personnel.

Let me see if I have this right: It's smart to loan out experienced players because they need experience, and would be better for them than sitting on our bench because starting players never, ever get injured and maintain great form all season and thus never need to be rotated. This way when we need to sub someone we can put on Brad Smith.

Cloud-cuckooland.

Fatigue is a function of either/both a) poor conditioning, b) lack of personnel.

Let me see if I have this right: It's smart to loan out experienced players because they need experience, and would be better for them than sitting on our bench because starting players never, ever get injured and maintain great form all season and thus never need to be rotated. This way when we need to sub someone we can put on Brad Smith.

Cloud-cuckooland.

It seems, despite a valiant attempt, that you didn't get it right.

• Upvote 1

£7m here and there spent on potential is utterly fine once you've filled the playing squad to the gills with talent capable of contributing on the pitch, be it starting or from the bench. Until we have that I really can't understand it.

How much should that talent cost?

Personally I'm happy suso and wisdom are on loan. We want them to develop as players and playing every week will give them a chance of that. The problem isn't that they're on loan, but the fact the squad is too light on numbers.

Well, if they were here, the squad wouldn't be light.

The committee's doing a great job, you can't say Llori and Alberto have been failures, because they haven't been given a chance.

We know that Cissokho wasn't given a chance yesterday at FB, he must be a failure. Ilori and Alberto have not been given chances because...why? Because they're not failures?

Well, I had an epiphany after reading some of these comments. We're better off that Borini is on loan, because even if our 2 strikers have either a chronic injury history or disciplinary problems neither will happen, and Aspas is better anyway. Assaidi has managed to score 2 goals for Stoke, but he sucks, Suso is starring for Almeria but that doesn't matter because we have Alberto - who can't get a run because of Brad Smith, and Wisdom may a man amongst boys at Derby but who needs him when we've got Glen 'class is permanent' Johnson?

Well, if they were here, the squad wouldn't be light.

We know that Cissokho wasn't given a chance yesterday at FB, he must be a failure. Ilori and Alberto have not been given chances because...why? Because they're not failures?

Well, I had an epiphany after reading some of these comments. We're better off that Borini is on loan, because even if our 2 strikers have either a chronic injury history or disciplinary problems neither will happen, and Aspas is better anyway. Assaidi has managed to score 2 goals for Stoke, but he sucks, Suso is starring for Almeria but that doesn't matter because we have Alberto - who can't get a run because of Brad Smith, and Wisdom may a man amongst boys at Derby but who needs him when we've got Glen 'class is permanent' Johnson?

Repeating it doesn't make you right.

• Upvote 3

It's not really, not at present anyway. Alberto and Ilori have barely played. £14m or thereabouts.

But they're still in the playing squad and available for selection.

The fact they haven't been thrown in just to justify the signings isn't the issue, I'd much rather they were eased in and became features at the club for a number of years than thrown in and sink without trace before they're ready.

The lack of playing time for both can be attributed to our lack of games