You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

This transfer window can't come soon enough! We are so threadbare on the flanks at present, it is fucking embarrassing and it shows, particularly in our last two games at Citeh and at the Ruskies.

I thought Rodgers comments after the game suggest he expects there to be no money

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

What did he say after the game? I missed that.

He was asked something like was he glad the window was here and did he expect reinforcements. He responded something like, its tough with a small squad, but he knew what he had to work with when he took the job and it was for him to make the most of it or something similar.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

No mate, it was a direct response to a question about the transfer window (and our participation in it). As I said, I hope it is a ploy, but if not, the yanks will have a lot to answer for.

I really hope fsg aren't that stupid. Closest we've been in ages only needing a few more good and experienced players to close the gap (for this season anyway, they'll have to spend again in the summer if we make the CL obviously). Not to mention that their manager of choice is proving them right so why not back him?

If he's bringing the young lad on to make a point in a game against Chelsea then the squad depth is the least of his worries. For the record I don't think he was. The thing that gets me is why did we sign Alberto and Aspas? Neither gets a look in and he clearly doesn't rate them thus far if he brings an untested LB on over either if them. We must have spent close to £14 mil on them we could have signed one quality player for that.

I think I read somewhere that Ian Ayre is on the transfer committee. Now if that's true please tell me his is purely an administrative role. It's bad enough we buy expensive players that the manager refuses to play over injured players on the pitch or youth players, just tell me Ayre doesn't have any say.