You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I have no worries about them backing us.

I am worried sick that our 'committee' will fail to buy the players we need and waste even more money.

We need to go out and buy a top class forward who is absolutely ready to come into the first team and make a difference straight away.

Salah doesnt strike me as that kind of signing.

• Upvote 1

If we sign anybody in January, it needs to be somebody that is ready to play for the first team immediately rather than one for the future. In the last 2 seasons, Rodgers has seen his sides pick up form in the second half of the season, largely thanks to the galvanising effect his January signings have had, with Sigurdsson for Swansea and both Coutinho and Sturridge for Liverpool.

For Swansea, here's their record in both the first and second half of the season:

P 19...W 04...D 08...L 07...Pts 20...Highest Pos 10...Lowest Pos 20

P 19...W 08...D 03...L 08...Pts 27...Highest Pos 08...Lowest Pos 14...Final Pos 11

For Liverpool last season, here's their record in both the first and second half of the season:

P 19...W 06...D 07...L 06...Pts 25...Highest Pos 08...Lowest Pos 18

P 19...W 10...D 06...L 03...Pts 36...Highest Pos 06...Lowest Pos 09...Final Pos 07

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I think we'll sign a full back, a midfielder and a forward. I think the forward might be Salah and the midfielder Fernando, but that's just going off the most mentioned links.

Or Rakitić, maybe.

I really like the look of young Danny Ward with the kids teams. For the first time in a very long time I honestly think we may actually be developing a talented goalie.

He has talent, needs a loan next year (or in the second half of the season). Think he's one to get the Gulasci treatment (keep him around or on loan and try to bring him forward).

Waiting for Ryan Fulton to get back from injury, he was class last season.

Forum won't let me reply to posts for some reason.

I'm not sure why we would be after both Fernando and Rakitic given that they are different types of midfielder. Maybe we're after two CMs, or maybe Rakitic is viewed as an alternative to Salah.

Forum won't let me reply to posts for some reason.

I'm not sure why we would be after both Fernando and Rakitic given that they are different types of midfielder. Maybe we're after two CMs, or maybe Rakitic is viewed as an alternative to Salah.

I think both Reges and Rakitic would be excellent signings and really add to our midfield.

My only knock on Reges is that he seems to spend a little bit too much time on his arse, likes a sliding tackle that kid.

Rakitic looks every inch a Liverpool player; cool, composed, great on the ball, nice passer. My one knock on him is that he doesn't have electrifying pace. Quicker than Alonso, Lucas and Sahin though, to name but three.

Not sold on Salah though. Haven't seen much of the lad but apart from his blistering pace I'm really not sure what sets him apart from Sterling, Ibe or Assaidi.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I felt the same about Salah at first, CD, but I'm very much warming to the idea. His pace is even beyond Sterling, he seems to have good dribbling ability and would work well in a side where he's not expected to cross. Plus, he's 21. Just ripe for the picking. It could go either way, but at 7m he looks like a good punt.

I spent a couple of hours researching him on the Basel forums and through a few videos they linked on there. He is very highly rated, but could do with a move like this to take himself onto the next level. Could be a Coutinho-esque signing.

I really like the look of young Danny Ward with the kids teams. For the first time in a very long time I honestly think we may actually be developing a talented goalie.

Has he played for the Ressies all year, or had a spell out on loan yet? Not seen anything of the youth sides this season.

edit - Seen Pidge's post.

Thought Gulasci was half decent, myself.

I'd like a controlling midfielder for Christmas.

Not necessarily a defensive one, but a controlling one.

The new Didi basically.

As good as we currently are at moving the ball and going forward, as we progress, and expectations, and the level of competition increases, we will need this kind of player.

Is this Reges fella this type of player?

I'd like a controlling midfielder for Christmas.

Not necessarily a defensive one, but a controlling one.

The new Didi basically.

As good as we currently are at moving the ball and going forward, as we progress, and expectations, and the level of competition increases, we will need this kind of player.

Is this Reges fella this type of player?

Yann M'Vila is your man.

I've been banging the M'Vila drum for a while now. He would be perfect for us & luckily enough he seems to be an absolute arsehole which gives us a chance while others dither.

Heey, I've been the conductor of M'Vila bandwagon since the beginning of the season! Only a few on it tho.. Haha. In an ideal world we'd sign M'Vila AND Fernando, would be an amazing partnership. YM sitting deep, shielding defense, controlling tempo and providing platform to press and FR roaming a la Masch. The reality is harsh, competition for their signatures huge but I hope we'll sign at least one of them, need both types though.

Heey, I've been the conductor of M'Vila bandwagon since the beginning of the season! Only a few on it tho.. Haha. In an ideal world we'd sign M'Vila AND Fernando, would be an amazing partnership. YM sitting deep, shielding defense, controlling tempo and providing platform to press and FR roaming a la Masch. The reality is harsh, competition for their signatures huge but I hope we'll sign at least one of them, need both types though.

Why on earth would we bring in an entirely new midfield?