You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I'm more than happy with Enrique and Johnno. With Kelly, Flanno and possibly Jack Robbo and Wisdom as understudies full back is not a weakness imo.

Only if we can bring in a player who would be an automatic 1st choicer, head and shoulders better than who we've already got, should we even consider shelling out the dosh.

Midfield and a wide forward are clearly more pressing concerns imo.

That means our full back cover is made up of young right backs and centre backs with a young lb thrown in.

I'd have a go at Nathaniel Clyne if we're talking Soton full backs. We won't get Shaw and Clyne would be a more achievable option. I can't think of any FB we could sign that's great going forward but solid at the back, they're balance always swings heavily in one direction or the other. We might as well but young or keep Glen and develop our own players

I'd have a go at Nathaniel Clyne if we're talking Soton full backs. We won't get Shaw and Clyne would be a more achievable option. I can't think of any FB we could sign that's great going forward but solid at the back, they're balance always swings heavily in one direction or the other. We might as well but young or keep Glen and develop our own players

Yep = good player.

Id rather we stick with glen who is proven as a world class rb, Im one of those class is permanent form is temporary guys.I cant think of any rb we can get who would be better or even as good as glen.

Add to that we have flanno, kelly, and wisdom as back up behind him I wouldnt be looking for a rb, glens good for another 2-3 years minimum and in the mean time hes perfect role model for the rbs we have coming through.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

7m for Salah seems a bit of a bargain, to be honest. At that price, his pace and natural ability, along with his age and potential, make it a no-brainer.

7m for Salah seems a bit of a bargain, to be honest. At that price, his pace and natural ability, along with his age and potential, make it a no-brainer.

read it was going to be about double that in a few places last week which I thought was a bit much for someone in a more obscure league, only seen him play a couple of times against English teams in Europe but looking at his record £7million seems worth the risk although I assume Egypt play against a fair amount of shite as a few of their other players have international goal records way better than the ability they've shown at club level

Our midfield was a pleasent surprise against Spurs, but for now I still think we need to add a player there that will improve the 1st eleven instantly.

In addition a quality left back is urgent. If we could also get a good attacking/wide player I'd be very happy.

Even with 2-3 in none should leave, our squad really is thin. We currently have 3 established players out which is no more than you should expect at this stage of the season, and the options Rodgers is left with ahead of the City game are very limited.

What I wouldn't give for an Alvaro Arbeloa this window.

Relatively cheap (didn't he come for 2 million?), plays both fullback positions without missing a beat, solid defensively and decent enough if not spectacular going forward.  

Go out and find us one of those, transfer committee.

I'd quite happily take the man  himself should it be possible!

I've got a feeling we will be backed pretty well in January. I may be clutching at straws but after their other team doing so well, they will want us to push as hard as possible. It would be a massive coup for them to even finish top 4.

We really can't let this opportunity slip.

It would be a massive coup for them to even finish top 4.

We really can't let this opportunity slip.

The "other" teams not in the top 4, who have at least a remote chance of getting into the top 4 for me are the mancs, the bitters or spurs.

Out of those 3, I can only see the mancs making a fight of it. The media, the FA and every other fucker involved in the game is trying to help them in any way they can, but Gollum is doing the exact polar opposite, god bless his cotton blu sox, and is fucking this monumental effort right up.

I mean, can you see any of the 3 teams I mentioned playing better than us, consistently, and getting results. I really can't.

Provided we don't collapse during the rest of the season, I just can't see not getting at least 3rd, let alone be outside of the top 4, particularly if we strengthen the team in the January window (which I think we will).

If we don't attempt to strengthen ourselves this window then it's time to start asking a lot questions about FSG in my opinion. We're 3 points off top which means we're currently in a title challenge let alone our goal of 4th spot. There is no legitimate reason not to back the manager at this point, though I do think they will.