You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

That's the closest you've come to making any kind of sense there.

I'm going to bed. Pissed off with our dealings and bored of the shite. People more interested in validating their agenda than the season itself (not aimed at quotee btw). The MFs been a fucking state as well, even Tom R laying a truth bomb didn't sort it out.

I was enjoying a season where it was actually about football for a change...

The season has been great. I think we're all a tad bewildered as to why the owners dont want to make it even better. Im suggesting that they want a conveyor belt of saleable assets at all times.

They have ZERO, repeat ZERO, emotion tied up in football.

They dont give a fuck about trophies.

• Upvote 1

Bought a sausage roll earlier, it wasn't great.

I've now decided I'm not going to buy food ever again.

incredible, I also bought a sausage roll earlier, it wast great either, lukeworm, but fuck i ate it, cos im greedy and hungry.

can honestly say this was the lowest point of my day.

moving on, we have Suarez and Sturridge, every team in this league (except city) would have that.

we move to next game and forget this whole whole month instigated by sky sports window bollocks.

Now can we just concentrate on winning the whole fucking thing*

*quote coach from major league film in 80's, and no doubt John Henry.

FSG need to take their diseased cunt and fuck off to whatever redneck hole they came from.

Said from the start they took Rodgers as he wouldn't make any waves like a Van Gaal, Rafa or Hiddink would but every person has a certain measure of pride. Rodgers can only sit there and swallow so much. They pull this shit in the summer and he will be gone and I don't blame him. When we drop out of the top four I don't care if they favourite aunt died of ebola I want these cunts gone.

Bunch of rich, botox filled AIDS ridden no nothing cunts

Fucking embarrassment

• Upvote 2

This window can only be seen as a failure to support Rodgers and the squad at a pivotal point in a pivotal season.

While we can argue the merits of whether we targeted the right players, this window has once again demonstrated that we have serious deficiencies pursuing our top targets.  I have no faith in Ayre, and believe he should be removed from both the MD post and player negotiations, but we must aslo ask questions of the brief he operates under. Nobody at board and ownership level should be excluded from the questions asked.

Our first choice team is capable of securing fourth. As Woo has posted on the MF, with proper reinforcement we may well have looked higher, and may yet do so. But if we do well, it will be in spite of this window, not because of it. There is a huge burden on our key players, both requiring they maintain their form and fitness. All we can do is get behind Rodgers and the team and show them we know they carry our hopes for the rest of the season. 

As for the club - serious questions need to be asked not just of Ayre, but the board and owners too. Propaganda like that Rodgers interview, or letters from America, won't suffice.  We've always been bolshy on TLW, but I've noticed even moderate forums like This Is Anfield are now questioning them.

• Upvote 2

*B = Bullshit; S = Sense*

B1) We activated a release clause.

S1) Err..no. No we didn't. Because if we did, then it would be kind of illegal for it to be blocked. Moreover, if there was actually a release clause for Konoplyanka at £15m, I'd suggest there would be a hell of a lot more clubs in for him. What utter fucking bollocks.

B2) Their mean crazy oligarch cunt of an owner just changed his mind at the last minute.

S2) Err...no. No, he didn't. There is no way would invite us to Russia, assist us in conducting a medical, get his 'favourite player' all happy and excited just so he can say no at the last minute. This isn't cartoon network. He isn't dick dasterdly. Don't talk utter shit you fucking mong.

B3) It was a complicated deal to get done in 3 days. You can't blame Ayre.

S3) If only we had a transfer window that was a whole month long! Fuck me, can you imagine that?! Can you fucking imagine what we could achieve in all that time? Imagine all the players we could miss out on! Darnit. Oh wait...it is a month long? Ah, soz, didn't realise, I forgot that we spent 26 motherfucking days chasing a player who valued less than Konoplyanka. Im so glad we are going for the players we value least first, that is sound strategy. GO BOSTON!

I could go on but I genuinely can't be arsed

We bid 12 million according to Bascombe and the Telegraph.

Since FSG took over, we manage to piss off almost every club we negotiate with. We started our bidding at £10m for Suarez as well. I think it was Ayre again, who was in Holland for a week and a half, trying to persuade Ajax. Then Torres got unsettled by the inactivity and handed in the transfer request and the money from his sale secured Suarez transfer at a more realistic price. They are full of bullshit.

• Upvote 1

It's a fucking shambles, what's the point in having an extensive scouting network, trawling across europe, when your just going to make a last minute attempt to sign Micah Richards and Chico fucking Flores. How can you scout Micah Richards? he doesn't even play, unless they're watching DVD's in an office from 2 years ago.

Everything we've done in this window, is amateur hour. Lowballing Basel for months over a fee when Chelsea can conclude business with our number 1 target in a single afternoon. Then "we are serious" this time, going after Konoplyanka, it ended as a fucking farce as usual.

I still think we'll get top four, but it'll solely be down to Rodgers, Suarez and Sturridge, no fucking thanks to that imbecile Ayre and the clown posse from across the water.

• Upvote 1

Serious question: can anybody on here imagine Rafa, Van Gaal or any other such top manager taking this shite?

I love Rodgers and also love his diplomacy, it is a calming factor. But there comes a point when a diplomatic figure becomes a yes man.

I agree with your general thought process. But Rodgers is the only thing standing between us and mid table I reckon. 

Even if he is a yes man. Hes a damned good manager. 

You have to fucking laugh. So...minutes after the window closes and we miss out on Kono, the official site puts up the following interview...

Haha. PR fucking central we are ey? Fucking embarrassing. So when exactly was this conducted? Because I highly fucking doubt Brendan Rodgers was sat there at 12AM answering questions about how fucking awesome our current squad is.

It's like propaganda from the last days of Hitler or something. "Everything's great, the fuhrer is all-powerful. We are definitely still winning the war..."

• Upvote 1

The season has been great. I think we're all a tad bewildered as to why the owners dont want to make it even better. Im suggesting that they want a conveyor belt of saleable assets at all times.

They have ZERO, repeat ZERO, emotion tied up in football.

They dont give a fuck about trophies.

If you think about it without emotion here is the plan:

1) Invest nothing

2)  Make champions league = get 50mil

3)  Do not make champions league = get 100 mil from Suarez

Win, win for the heartless bastards.  Businessmen to the bone.  Tell me when we meet up with the pitchforks.

• Upvote 3

To be a fly on the wall during these negotiations. Ayre was over there for what, three days? If anyone knows the answer to this I would be happy to hear it.

In my head Ayre says, "how about this...?"

They say, "how about...no..."

Then what happens? I can't see this going on for 3 days. Do they take breaks? Agree to watch Bad Boys I and II then renegotiate?

I agree with your general thought process. But Rodgers is the only thing standing between us and mid table I reckon. 

I agree with you mate. I think he is a very very talented manager who will only get better. What he has done at this club is simply remarkable in my eyes - and I don't just mean results.

But I am also disappointed with that interview. We are all right behind him and whilst nobody expects him to come out and call 123abc a cunt, to be fed such scripted horse shit is disrespectful and demeaning.

I'd rather he didn't say anything.

Yeah. It's not really his style to bring shit out in public. I don't necessarily think that's a bad thing, as I highly doubt he's best pleased in private.

No fool could be as good a manager as he is. Just because he appears to be taking it with no complaint , it doesn't mean he is.

I agree with you mate. I think he is a very very talented manager who will only get better. What he has done at this club is simply remarkable in my eyes - and I don't just mean results.

But I am also disappointed with that interview. We are all right behind him and whilst nobody expects him to come out and call 123abc a cunt, to be fed such scripted horse shit is disrespectful and demeaning.

I'd rather he didn't say anything.

Agree 100% there brother. 

It's one thing to fail to sign our targets, but it happens - we wall watched United trying to sign players they were never going to sign, in the summer, but it's a cunts trick to then hide behind the manager. 

It's their job to support and protect him (if/when he needs it), and they wouldn't hesitate to fuck him off if he was fucking up as regularly as they do, yet he's having to help keep the natives in check as well.