You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rodgers is working miracles with fuck all backing from the donuts. Just hope we can add someone. Poor cunt having to say shit like 'hopefully', and 'if we can maybe just add one or two'. FSG should be asking him how much he needs. If he gets us top 4 it's against all the odds.

391489d1298203510-jeff-bridges-against-a

We're very lucky to have Rodgers. He inherited a sack of shit, and has got us back where we want to be, without the investment that everyone would think is needed. If we get top four this season, it's against the odds, most have us down as a top 6/7 team. Maybe we won't make it, but if we don't it's not because of him. He's the same age as Ryan Giggs? and managing a club this size against the odds. I respect him immensely. And the thing I like most is, he makes mistakes like the Villa game, and he immediately learns from them and corrects them.

He's a proper Liverpool Manager in my eyes.

• Upvote 7

Newly signed Chelsea star's agent has admitted Liverpool were close to his client.

The recriminations are still ongoing at Liverpool regarding their failed bids for Mohamed Salah.

The Reds allowed the winger's transfer to drag on, yet also alerting other clubs to his availability and eventually Chelsea pounced.

The player's agent has now revealed Liverpool spent two-and-a-half months trying, unsuccessfully, to land the Egyptian.

Sascha Empacher told The Mirror: "It was a long and fair negotiation with Liverpool, but it lasted two-and-a-half months - too long.

"Both clubs could not agree on terms. When Chelsea contacted Basel, he was happy and took his chance. It was no financial matter."

Clearly Salah would have seen a move to Liverpool as a dream transfer, and seized that 'chance' if it were offered to him, but it just didn't get to that point.

Liverpool spent far too long attempting to meet Salah's asking price - which Chelsea seemingly did within 24 hours.

Seeing as they had not given up on the deal even until Salah completed his Chelsea medical, Liverpool blew the clear run they had at him.

For any negotiation to go on for that long, would have put serious doubt in the player's mind, firstly how much the buying club actually wanted him, and secondly if it would ever happen. It was no surprise he then leapt at the chance to join Chelsea when it came along.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I really hope we are in for Konoplyanka, think he's gonna be a real top player

Yeah, he does look like a quality talent. Thing is, and I say this as somebody who has wanted Konoplyanka for quite some time, I just don't think we should even be looking in that position without getting players in the DM area. 

Yeah, he does look like a quality talent. Thing is, and I say this as somebody who has wanted Konoplyanka for quite some time, I just don't think we should even be looking in that position without getting players in the DM area.

I think the problem is the DM position doesn't appear to have ever been on the radar as a target. It's completely fan made. In the summer they tried to get an attacker, couldn't do it so fixed the next perceived area of need ploughing resources into defence. This window we're back to our priority target of another attacker.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I think the problem is the DM position doesn't appear to have ever been on the radar as a target. It's completely fan made. In the summer they tried to get an attacker, couldn't do it so fixed the next perceived area of need ploughing resources into defence. This window we're back to our priority target of another attacker.

James Pearce said Rodgers was after a 'high energy midfielder' or something similar. If it doesn't come in January, I hope it does in the summer. We get controlled in midfield far too often.

Regarding ITK's, there are people who have inside information that is totally legit, but when things don't happen it is because things change very quickly behind the scenes. it doesnt necessarily mean they are bullshitters.I know for a fact that we were a few hours away from siging Vegard Forren before he went to Southampton?(dodged a bullet) It didn't happen. If i post info from my ITK it is 100% legit, but it does not mean it is 100% nailed on to happen. Its a funny old game.