You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Would be a good swap deal if true. We've got 4 good CB and 2 fit midfielders, DM is a priority.

Not so sure if we got rid off Agger we would have the  reserves in our current CB structure.

We have just let Illori leave on loan untill the summer, Sakho is not at full fitness either. Coates is probably off aswell that leaves us with just Skrtel and Toure to look after those CB roles. even with Sakho back i still think it leaves us short....If it meant signing him now and letter agger go in the summer then its not to bad.

• Downvote 1

Not so sure if we got rid off Agger we would have the reserves in our current CB structure.

We have just let Illori leave on loan untill the summer, Sakho is not at full fitness either. Coates is probably off aswell that leaves us with just Skrtel and Toure to look after those CB roles. even with Sakho back i still think it leaves us short....If it meant signing him now and letter agger go in the summer then its not to bad.

I know what you mean but Kelly (although not at full fitness) could fill in for the rest of the season if needed, Sakho, Skrtel, Toure and Kelly should be sufficient. There won't be many times well need to rotate now without Europe, League Cup and a tough FA Cup fixture. If it was me I'd roll the dice and gamble on not having any CB injuries to get a good DM in.

Not so sure if we got rid off Agger we would have the  reserves in our current CB structure.

We have just let Illori leave on loan untill the summer, Sakho is not at full fitness either. Coates is probably off aswell that leaves us with just Skrtel and Toure to look after those CB roles. even with Sakho back i still think it leaves us short....If it meant signing him now and letter agger go in the summer then its not to bad.

I dont think we'll sell Agger now that Ilori went out on loan, dont think Rodgers will start playing Kelly there in the middle of the season, or run in rather.

Not so sure if we got rid off Agger we would have the reserves in our current CB structure.

We have just let Illori leave on loan untill the summer, Sakho is not at full fitness either. Coates is probably off aswell that leaves us with just Skrtel and Toure to look after those CB roles. even with Sakho back i still think it leaves us short....If it meant signing him now and letter agger go in the summer then its not to bad.

I know what you mean but Kelly (although not at full fitness) could fill in for the rest of the season if needed, Sakho, Skrtel, Toure and Kelly should be sufficient. There won't be many times well need to rotate now without Europe, League Cup and a tough FA Cup fixture. If it was me I'd roll the dice and gamble on not having any CB injuries to get a good DM in.

I do have serious concerns over Kelly, I cant see Rodgers playing him in a CB role and he has been back in the squad and training regulary for quite sometime now and even when Johnson was playing gash he wouldnt play him in that role. He even put Sterling at RB on at least 1 occasion.

When Flanno come on against Bournmouth on Saturday , in the short space of time he was on he field he got up the wing into a danger position more than Kelly had donme in the whole match..I think he is lacking alot of confidence or something is still niggling him to do with his injury.

We need to Strengthen and swapping Agger will only weaken an already fragile defence

Inler for Agger? No chance!

Inler is not that good. I'm also tired of reading about wonderkids who will be loaned out in the following transfer window.... We need players to help us get to the Champions League now.

Terrible transfer policy. I like how we laugh at Everton.

Fowler rejoined the club 8 years ago today. He might have been past it and was clearly a short-term solution but his arrival gave the whole club a lift and a second wind that galvanised them to an FA Cup win and only just missing out on finishing as runners-up in the league. The key thing is that we gained some impetus from a January arrival added to a squad that was clearly competitive (if not the strongest around), and it is this impetus and a chance to kick on which is what the club should be looking at doing before the end of the month. We won't get anyone to provide that lift in the same way Fowler did, but we will get a lift. The importance of that cannot and should not be overlooked.

• Upvote 1

Fowler rejoined the club 8 years ago today. He might have been past it and was clearly a short-term solution but his arrival gave the whole club a lift and a second wind that galvanised them to an FA Cup win and only just missing out on finishing as runners-up in the league. The key thing is that we gained some impetus from a January arrival added to a squad that was clearly competitive (if not the strongest around), and it is this impetus and a chance to kick on which is what the club should be looking at doing before the end of the month. We won't get anyone to provide that lift in the same way Fowler did, but we will get a lift. The importance of that cannot and should not be overlooked.

So what you are saying we should bring back Heskey?

It's true. You only have to look at the lift Sturridge and Coutinho gave us from January onwards. I know Fowler was a free transfer and we paid £20 million for those two, but the same logic can be applied.

It's true. You only have to look at the lift Sturridge and Coutinho gave us from January onwards. I know Fowler was a free transfer and we paid £20 million for those two, but the same logic can be applied.

Tony Barrett has just tweeted, "if Liverpool don't strengthen, and don't finish fourth, you can't blame Luis for looking elsewhere for CL football". Sums it up really.

If we don't finish 4th then I don't blame Luis for leaving regardless of the reason, unless the reason is him taking another chomp out of a footballer.