You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Ok lets look at it like that, value... We said 8m (or even 5 to 6 mil) that puts him with what we paid for Alberto! I think he's a bit above him myself... it's the same (or there abouts) price we paid for Joe Allen if we believe all the add ons etc ...

I'm not saying I agree with their valuation, mate. Fucking hell, I'm a fan; I'd get carried away with who I 'want': 'What do you mean you want 600m and a blow job for Mata?... Fuck it, I'm in'. I want Mata to play for us, so I'd pay. But beyond that it's real money, and a real business, and if you want to win over the long term you've got to make a judgement. It might well work out that Salah it shit and we'll all be saying 'well done' or he'll be great and we'll say 'you fackin' mugs'.

What I've an issue with is the toys out of the pram about it. Ayre this, FSG that, Chelsea, whatever. It's missing the point. Alberto, Ilori... blah, blah. They're not in the same thing. We've almost certainly not paid shit loads up front for those players. 'OH MY GOD 7m FOR ALBERTO!!!'. Yeah, probably 2m up front. I think people should stop pissing their pants. With that, I'm going to read my Kindle.

• Upvote 1

FSG want to play with other peoples money and keep their own, to run the club at least ( Donuts, Warrior Standard Chartered etc ) and don't seem to like putting their hand in their pocket.

When our up and coming Manager complains ( which he will do eventually ) We will just replace him with another up and coming Manager who, initially is just happy to be here and will cite that we have replaced him because he has won fuck all.

I keep on hearing " we have the means to compete" - then prove it

Im not too bothered we never got him we need a proper midfielder,its more of dithering to sign players bang go,s 4th anyway now we look like we are running out of steam and players.Least there will be 70 mill to spend when saurez fucks off cause we have fucked up the best chance of 4th place in years nice one fsg

City wanted Cavani, PSG got him

City wanted De Rossi, he stayed at Roma

City wanted RVP, he went to United

City wanted Hazard, he went to Chelsea

This is what happens in the game. In some cases a player strings you along to get interest from elsewhere, in some cases, you get gazumped, or a player just doesn't fancy coming / leaving etc.

Who you want, who's available and who you actually get can be very different things, and it's just madness to believe that something is inherently wrong at Liverpool (causing transfer failings), you DID get Suarez, you DID get Sturridge, you DID keep Suarez, you DID get Coutinho...

There's sod all wrong with the way Liverpool try to get players. I'm absolutely sure of that. They just have a little less buying power these days, and the Liverpool 'proposition' might not be as attractive as some other clubs in the modern age. All that can and will change once you're back in CL... but you'll still win some and lose some transfer targets.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Im not too bothered we never got him we need a proper midfielder,its more of dithering to sign players bang go,s 4th anyway now we look like we are running out of steam and players.Least there will be 70 mill to spend when saurez fucks off cause we have fucked up the best chance of 4th place in years nice one fsg

If you were my son, I'd give you a clip round the ears...

Aren't you in the best position for 4th that you've been in for a while?

Haven't FSG and Rogers got you into that position?

It's not fucked up until the season's over.... the way you're talking, you might as well as have given up at half time in Istanbul too. It's a mid ranking transfer that's fallen through, not armageddon.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

I think a large amount of the annoyance people are expressing is based on the fact that many assumed we'd rectify the issues of the summer window in January; that we'd hit the ground running and swiftly plug the gaping holes left by a window dominated by squad filler, potential that looks to be unfavoured and last minute loans of less than stellar quality.

The realisation that we might not, coupled perhaps with memories of our slide in the second half of Kenny's last season (when we failed to reinforce in January) and our best opportunity to get back in the CL for years magnifies this annoyance.

Id say we are in 4th because man u and spurs are shit ,we could be 7th in a few weeks we have 15 fit players and no sign of any new ones,and man u have just shelles out 37 mill to get them up the table what have we done fuck all apart from apparantley agreeing a deal for 10 mill then comeing back saying 5 mill now fucking embarssing

I'm not saying I agree with their valuation, mate. Fucking hell, I'm a fan; I'd get carried away with who I 'want': 'What do you mean you want 600m and a blow job for Mata?... Fuck it, I'm in'. I want Mata to play for us, so I'd pay. But beyond that it's real money, and a real business, and if you want to win over the long term you've got to make a judgement. It might well work out that Salah it shit and we'll all be saying 'well done' or he'll be great and we'll say 'you fackin' mugs'.

What I've an issue with is the toys out of the pram about it. Ayre this, FSG that, Chelsea, whatever. It's missing the point. Alberto, Ilori... blah, blah. They're not in the same thing. We've almost certainly not paid shit loads up front for those players. 'OH MY GOD 7m FOR ALBERTO!!!'. Yeah, probably 2m up front. I think people should stop pissing their pants. With that, I'm going to read my Kindle.

People have to make judgements in business? Wow, really? Thanks for pointing out the obvious.

WRONG. If you want to be successful over the long term you have to make good judgements. I bolded the operative word for your convenience. 

You seem to be blissfully happy that our club 'seems' well ran, despite the evidence and results proving otherwise. What exactly turns you on? The fact that Ian Ayre wears a suit and looks like a business man? Or the word committee? Does the word committee press your buttons NV? Are you reading about committees on your kindle?

• Upvote 1

Surely it is obvious there is a problem if we are loaning a summer signing and not playing 2 others.

This salah saga seems just like willian, dempsey, siggurdson, mkhitaryan etc it could all be press bollocks but surely not all of them?

We have made huge strides though and hopfully the signings turn into gems but this is definitely our best chance for 4th.

Here's hoping for a sturridge and coutinho.

I want to facefuck every single member of the so called transfer committee.

and then take a shit on them.

I know you will all go out now like self-righteous pricks you are and you will accuse me of ruining this wonderful topic. Yeah wonderful topic about getting fucked by another club for yet another transfer target for 2-3m while we desperately need new signings as we are challenging hard for top4 and as our rivals are strengthening. Bitches. 

rant over.

• Upvote 1

Anyone know anything about romulo?

Yes, you can't talk about him on RAWK. The thread on him is locked. Yet, a thread called General Transfers, in which one of "the RAWK lads" has started a thread with a picture of those stick on, fake tattoos in it, has stayed open. 

Joke of a place. I signed up a few weeks back, but I'm having a game of push the mods, to see if I can get banned.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

You seem to be blissfully happy that our club 'seems' well ran, despite the evidence and results proving otherwise.

Do you want to read that back to yourself, and engage your brain - assuming you have the ability of rational thought and you're just choosing not to use it - and come back to me?

Results - which are 12 points up on last season so far - are proof of how poorly we're run? Fucking hell. It's honestly not worth my time responding to this shit.

What exactly turns you on? The fact that Ian Ayre wears a suit and looks like a business man? Or the word committee? Does the word committee press your buttons NV? Are you reading about committees on your kindle?

Just read this back to yourself.