You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I can't see the owners liking the "value" aspect of the deal.

Personally, I don't think Mourinho would sell us Mata.

he would sell him though.  If he had a less expensive, less troublesome and less high profile version of him that he could keep on the bench, he may see that as a viable option.

Does anybody think we'd have an outside chance of signing Mata, if we offered huge money and told him he'd be one of the main men? 

Slim to none, but stranger things have happened. If he feels he must be playing to get into the World Cup team, doesn't fancy one of the moneybags teams in France and no one else comes in for him.

Arsenal don't need him, and I can't see why Moyes would push the boat out for him when he has trouble utilising a quality player like Kagawa. He needs an all rounder of quality, not an AM who fails to track back. We've got more pressing concerns as well.

He'll probably end up at Atletico when someone comes in with big money for Koke.

So, Mourinho - who doesn't like Mata, who actually is the finished article - would take Coutinho, a similar player who isn't, as part of the deal?

Cunning. I like it. So stupid they might just fall for it.

This is the same man that thought sending Lukaku on loan and keepung Torres was a good idea

he would sell him though.  If he had a less expensive, less troublesome and less high profile version of him that he could keep on the bench, he may see that as a viable option.

Hmm, maybe. I don't think he'd have any interest in Coutinho. I don't think he's got any interest in Mata either, but knows that he'd be strengthening any side he sold him to, therefore he'll go abroad.

I don't think he's willing to sell him to United either.

I'd be surprised if Mourinho has a big say in it.

If Utd put a decent offer in Abromovich is the one calling the shots and he might be tempted at a decent sized bid to accept & due to Mata not playing much in the first team it could just be a finance decision. 

Of course it makes no sense for Chelsea to strenghten Utd and i hope they tell them to fuck off but i could see it happening & Mourinho sulk about it if he got overruled on it.

I'd be surprised if Mourinho has a big say in it.

If Utd put a decent offer in Abromovich is the one calling the shots and he might be tempted at a decent sized bid to accept & due to Mata not playing much in the first team it could just be a finance decision. 

Of course it makes no sense for Chelsea to strenghten Utd and i hope they tell them to fuck off but i could see it happening & Mourinho sulk about it if he got overruled on it.

As much as I wouldn't want Mata going to United, seeing Mourinho throw another massive hissy fit at the stoned Russian dog would be extremely entertaining.

(Translated and corrected google translated article  from the original story from www.aftenbladet.no )

Valon Berisha to Liverpool

Stavanger ( aftenbladet ) : As far as we know, the big English club has had Valon Berisha name on the block for a while.

But after Valon Berishas club, Salzburg, crushed Bayern Munich 3-0 in a private match in Austria Saturday , the interest of the former Viking player have flared up .

Valon Berisha played one half against the German champion team and did very well.

Liverpool in the stands
In the stands sat representatives of Liverpool - and must have been impressed by the midfielder . Liverpool have also seen scouting Valon Berisha on previous occasions . Like when Salzburg swept across Austria Wien won 4-0 in a league match just before Christmas.

Berisha scored the 2-0 goal in that game and played the entire match. After what Aftenbladet understands it, there has been formed dialogue between the clubs.

The link between Liverpool and Red Bull Salzburg are also present. Gerard Houllier , who was manager of Liverpool from 1998-2004 , is now director of sports for the whole Red Bull Salzburg Group.

Valon Berisha has played a total of 47 games for Salzburg and scored nine times . Salzburg leads the Austrian series until the latter part of the season starts 2 February.

Viking secured percentages ?
It is currently unclear whether Viking secured the right percentages of a resale when they sold Berisha to Salzburg in 2012

Code would have been delighted.

R.I.P.

He likes him.

Prior to the last Euro U21s

Valon Berisha (Red Bull Salzburg) –

Kosovo’s woes have seen many European nations gain some fantastic technical footballers, with Berisha (below) the latest in the line of former Yugoslav refugees to turn out for the likes of Norway, Sweden and Switzerland. He can dribble, pass, shoot and score, the complete attacking midfielder. In addition to his great feet, he has a good head on him too, having rejected several Premier League clubs after deciding he would be unlikely to play in the first team. Now he’s in Austria, where he is one of the stand-out players, and a good performance in Israel could well see him make the step up to a top league.

Valon Berisha being linked here in Norway. Local paper from his hometown saying he`s having talks with Liverpool apparently.

Both Aftenbladet and Rogalands Avis got the story from http://www.sportsdirectnews.com/premier-league-news/38583-liverpool-reds-eye-norwegian-youngster.php#.Ut5fmUIha2y

Doubt there is any substance to this. He's being linked for £10m which is a bit steep...

Good player but still on the fringes of the Norwegian NT team.

Red Bull Salzburg signed him for about 3m euros over a year ago.