You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

1) Spend what we have this January EARLY and WISELY you committee fucks.

2) SPEND A LOT OF FUCKING MONEY. Our bench was a disgrace today.

To be fair we did have no Gerrard, Sturridge, Ibe, Enrique, Flanagan, Moses due to injuries / suspensions.

The committee have done a good job since arriving, let's not forget that.

I think most people would be fine with chalking it down to injuries if we had capable back-ups, particularly for the two injury prone players you've just listed. You can argue we do when it comes to Gerrard but Allen is starting to look injury prone as well and Rodgers doesn't seem to trust Aspas to even give him a chance, we'd have been better off keeping Borini and saving the money. Not sure what's going on with Alberto as Rodgers played him earlier in the year, maybe he didn't think he'd be effective against Chelsea but when a kid is given his debut out of position ahead of you it can't be good for your own confidence.

To be fair we did have no Gerrard, Sturridge, Ibe, Enrique, Flanagan, Moses due to injuries / suspensions.

The committee have done a good job since arriving, let's not forget that.

Erm they certainly haven't done a good job in my opinion. They've been terrible and heads should have rolled in the summer. But let's forget about that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Erm they certainly haven't done a good job in my opinion. They've been terrible and heads should have rolled in the summer. But let's forget about that.

So you're not happy with Coutinho, Sturridge, Sakho, Mignolet and Toure?

They were all signed under them.

I'd wait beore writting of Alberto. Cissokho and Sahin are loans. No manager has a 100% success rate with his signings. In the first team, Sturridge, Coutinho, Allen, Mignolet and Sakho are his signings that's half the team.

Good and sensible post. Sturridge, Coutinho, Allen, Mignolet and Sakho are also all, in addition to being very good players already, young and will only get better. The future is bright and the presence is not all bad either!!

Good and sensible post. Sturridge, Coutinho, Allen, Mignolet and Sakho are also all, in addition to being very good players already, young and will only get better. The future is bright and the presence is not all bad either!!

If anything, our younger players have stepped up and our older more experienced players have let us down.

I'd wait beore writting of Alberto. Cissokho and Sahin are loans. No manager has a 100% success rate with his signings. In the first team, Sturridge, Coutinho, Allen, Mignolet and Sakho are his signings that's half the team.

not looking great for him when a reserves left back was played in midfield in front of him today.

you're right no manager has a 100% record in successful signings. I'd say the best you can hope for is 50% without unlimited funds that buy either the best around or at least time for players to adapt.

we have to be very good with our transfers because we have neither time nor unlimited funds so people we pay 6-7m for need to be what we need or be able to do a job.

aspas has clearly been a disaster and even when we're down to the bare bones can't get a start. alberto seems to be in a similar situation.

those two must be doing fuck all in training.

aspas alberto borini sahin cissokho

Im fairly sure the committee was not formed until after the summer window where we signed borini and sahin, when judging them I look at last jan and summer.

Judging the last two windows the only really bad signing I would say is aspas, cissokho and moses were loans so people who view them as bad players should view it as good buisness as we are not tied down to them with big contracts, we done low risk deals there.

aspas alberto borini sahin cissokho

As JP said Borini and Sahin were before the committee.  Cissokho is just a loan, nothing to lose if it doesn't work out.

Did Ferguson and does Wenger get every transfer right?

• Upvote 1

Really surprised by those who don't think the transfer committee has done a good job thus far.

I remember reading an analysis of the greatest managers over the past 20 years or so and the very best had just over a 50% hit rate in terms of the number of players they brought in who were considered "good buys."  I think there were another 25% "neutral" and 25% "poor buys" or somewhere in that vicinity.

And that was the good managers.  There were plenty with much worse records.  

I think that Coutinho, Sturridge, Sakho, and Mignolet more than make up for Aspas and Cissokho, who are really the only poor buys/transfers from this committee so far.  Remember, you can't count Borini, Allen or Sahin because they all came in that first summer before we had the new heads of scouting that came over from City set up.  If you could, it would be a lot closer.

• Upvote 1

Really surprised by those who don't think the transfer committee has done a good job thus far.

I remember reading an analysis of the greatest managers over the past 20 years or so and the very best had just over a 50% hit rate in terms of the number of players they brought in who were considered "good buys."  I think there were another 25% "neutral" and 25% "poor buys" or somewhere in that vicinity.

And that was the good managers.  There were plenty with much worse records.  

I think that Coutinho, Sturridge, Sakho, and Mignolet more than make up for Aspas and Cissokho, who are really the only poor buys/transfers from this committee so far.  Remember, you can't count Borini, Allen or Sahin because they all came in that first summer before we had the new heads of scouting that came over from City set up.  If you could, it would be a lot closer.

Don't forget Luis Alberto and Tiago Illori. 

I imagine the committee is not better or no worse than a single manager making the decisions. 

• Downvote 1

Many players brought by the committee have barely been trusted to play, how is that a good job? We've signed a few potentially excellent players and it's a tough brief to keep improving a team by taking out highly paid people and replacing them with players on half the salary it really is. Really though, what use have Aspas, Alberto, Ilori, or Moses been for our Champions League qualification campaign, and for how much of our transfer budget?

The owners were willing to spend 30mill on Willian in the summer, so if Rodgers identifies someone he believes can take us to the next level (champions league football), the owners have proven that we have 30million still waiting to be spent. 

If we could bring in Song in January, i think that could be a great singing. 

We either need good short term loans to tide us over till the summer or good young players with good ability now and also an eye on the future. If FSG are serious about top 4 ambitions they'll back him.

But...

If you were playing devil's advocate for FSG keeping the money in their pockets

Ilori

Alberto

Aspas

Cost how much and have had how many minutes on the pitch.

The owners were willing to spend 30mill on Willian in the summer, so if Rodgers identifies someone he believes can take us to the next level (champions league football), the owners have proven that we have 30million still waiting to be spent. 

If we could bring in Song in January, i think that could be a great singing. 

But not Song for 30m, thats crazy money and he's not worth it. I'm sure you didn't mean spending it all on him..

Many players brought by the committee have barely been trusted to play, how is that a good job? We've signed a few potentially excellent players and it's a tough brief to keep improving a team by taking out highly paid people and replacing them with players on half the salary it really is. Really though, what use have Aspas, Alberto, Ilori, or Moses been for our Champions League qualification campaign, and for how much of our transfer budget?

Spot on. Last summer we should have gone all in to strengthen our first XI to maximize our chances of CL football. It's extremely important that we take this opportunity this season while Gollum are in charge of the mancs.

Chelsea and Man C are given in the top four. That leaves us, Arsenal, Man U, Everton and Tottenham to fight it our for the last two spots. If FSG don't understand they have to do whatever it takes to bring in high quality reinforcements in Jan, they're letting a big opportunity go to waste.

I don't know if it's the transfer committee or Rodgers but the decision to loan out Suso, Borini, Assaidi and Wisdom is not looking too fecking bright at the moment. With the loss of Allen and Sahko we're down to 15 first team players, I think.

On the flip side we could have kept them, got no injuries and you could have been posting about we have all these players riding the bench doing fuck all.

It happens we deal with it and move on.

• Upvote 3

On the flip side we could have kept them, got no injuries and you could have been posting about we have all these players riding the bench doing fuck all.

It happens we deal with it and move on.

Personally I'm happy suso and wisdom are on loan. We want them to develop as players and playing every week will give them a chance of that. The problem isn't that they're on loan, but the fact the squad is too light on numbers. Our player development plans should always include a number of them playing elsewhere for a season at least and the size of the squad needs to account for that.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 2