You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I know a lot of Derby fans and they all rave about Hughes. In saying that it they were also saying that Giles Barnes was going to be a top premiership player a few years back!

They have also met him and apparently he did admit to being a massive fan of us.

Derby want at least £10 million for him, which is ridiculous if you compare it to the money spent on Coutinho and Sturridge, but looks about right if compared to Zaha or Tom Ince.

Personally I'd rather have given Suso a run in midfield but I get the feeling that Rodgers doesn't really rate him that much.

Whats the story?

Supposedly Newcastle sneakliy let him listen in on the negotiations when Arsenal called.

Newcastle gave a high price, playing up how great he was, knowing Arsenal would try to get the price lowered by downplaying his ability. Arsenal said something about the price being steep for what would be little more than a squad/substitute player for them. Soon after Cabaye ended his mini strike and got back to work.

Seen a lot of people mention Medel again today, his 22 year old understudy for Chile is Lorenzo Reyes. Currently at Real Betis. Probably better on the ball, and less mental.

But one I'd really like us to have a look at before he's snapped up by another European club is Nicolás Castillo. A slightly taller Alexis Sanchez.

Work permits may be a problem at the moment.

Why's everyone so convinced we'll spend in January?  Last season there was an absolute clusterfuck made of the summer window and we made our worse start in x amount of years. They simply had to spend in January.   This year we've spent a lot in the summer and the squad is stronger.

Has there been any statements made about the being in the market again in January?

Why's everyone so convinced we'll spend in January?  Last season there was an absolute clusterfuck made of the summer window and we made our worse start in x amount of years. They simply had to spend in January.   This year we've spent a lot in the summer and the squad is stronger.

Has there been any statements made about the being in the market again in January?

"Hopefully we can reinforce in January"

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/transfer-news-liverpool-manager-brendan-rodgers-eyes-january-signings-8849054.html

• Upvote 1

Seen a lot of people mention Medel again today, his 22 year old understudy for Chile is Lorenzo Reyes. Currently at Real Betis. Probably better on the ball, and less mental.

But one I'd really like us to have a look at before he's snapped up by another European club is Nicolás Castillo. A slightly taller Alexis Sanchez.

Work permits may be a problem at the moment.

I'm not sure i agree with you on medals ball play. His passing stats are regularly over 90% yesterday's was 96% passing accuracy, way ahead of any other player on the field. He also had a tackle/duel rate of 100%. He has also played centre half and full back in a very good Chilean side which sailed through their group to the World Cup finals. He reminds me of mashcarano

I agree on the mental part. If he loses the ball ( which is rare) he has been known to wait in the tunnel at half time to punch the opposition player who took the ball of hims head in. He's no spice boy.

I'm not sure i agree with you on medals ball play. His passing stats are regularly over 90% yesterday's was 96% passing accuracy, way ahead of any other player on the field. He also had a tackle/duel rate of 100%. He has also played centre half and full back in a very good Chilean side which sailed through their group to the World Cup finals. He reminds me of mashcarano

I agree on the mental part. If he loses the ball ( which is rare) he has been known to wait in the tunnel at half time to punch the opposition player who took the ball of hims head in. He's no spice boy.

I know, I'm half Chilean. Never said he was poor on the ball, just that Reyes is possibly better.

I was touting Medel in the January Transfer Window 2012 thread. #prophet.

Cardiff got him for fuck all really, he's like Mascherano but more mentals.

So, forget him, his price would be £20m+ now, PL to PL tax.

Fernando Reges at Porto might be a good buy, but really we need an all-round midfielder, not necessarily a defensive midfielder. In short, we need a Ballack, not a Makalele, in my opinion. An all-action battler with ability and leadership and 10 goals from open play.

We may have a shout of these players, perhaps:

Khedira

Modric

Cabaye

Moutinho

Montolivo

LARS BENDER

Rakitic

Raul Garcia (at \Madrid)

However, any deal for the two Real Madrid lads would lead to open warfare over Suarez.

My fave pick would be Lars Bender at Leverkeusen. Big rangy lad, German efficiency, great professional, and at a club where we can strike a deal. I'd be tempted to give them Yesil back to help the deal.

Moutinho is a dream of a player, but I think Porto are going to sell two or three players soon, so they'll stop selling once they've made their money, by which time Moutinho won't be available. But if Porto were offering, I'd take Varela, Martinez, Moutinho, Quintero, just off the top of my head.

I also really like Raul Garcia, but At Madrid aren't going to be an easy side to nick big players off any more.

I think the question that needs asking when looking at our centre midfield, is do people think we need one addition in that area, to compliment one or two of our existing players?.

or two (or more) new players and have a whole new partnership, with the existing players we have either sold or as back up?

I was touting Medel in the January Transfer Window 2012 thread. #prophet.

Cardiff got him for fuck all really, he's like Mascherano but more mentals.

So, forget him, his price would be £20m+ now, PL to PL tax.

Fernando Reges at Porto might be a good buy, but really we need an all-round midfielder, not necessarily a defensive midfielder. In short, we need a Ballack, not a Makalele, in my opinion. An all-action battler with ability and leadership and 10 goals from open play.

Khedira

Modric

Cabaye

Moutinho

Montolivo

LARS BENDER

Rakitic

Raul Garcia (at \Madrid)

However, any deal for the two Real Madrid lads would lead to open warfare over Suarez.

My fave pick would be Lars Bender at Leverkeusen. Big rangy lad, German efficiency, great professional, and at a club where we can strike a deal. I'd be tempted to give them Yesil back to help the deal.

Moutinho is a dream of a player, but I think Porto are going to sell two or three players soon, so they'll stop selling once they've made their money, by which time Moutinho won't be available. But if Porto were offering, I'd take Varela, Martinez, Moutinho, Quintero, just off the top of my head.

I also really like Raul Garcia, but At Madrid aren't going to be an easy side to nick big players off any more.

The same Moutinho who moved to Monaco in the summer?

Khedira

Modric

Cabaye

Moutinho

Montolivo

LARS BENDER

Rakitic

Raul Garcia (at \Madrid)

Perhaps should have a question mark after it here.

Montolivo - are you kidding?

Bender - ??!! He is on a 6 year contract and playing CL now.

Part of the reason it is easy to take a run at the club for fees paid, targets and transfer flops is there is no reality to where we are in the pecking order of world football now.

I know, I'm half Chilean. Never said he was poor on the ball, just that Reyes is possibly better.

What you think of their chances at the World Cup? I'm thinking of having an each way bet on them. I watched them draw 2-2 against Spain recently and Chile looked a very good side, Spain were lucky to scrape a draw in injury time.

I'm thinking if Spain are second favs then Chile, with home(ish) advantage might be worth an each way bet at decent odds.

What you think of their chances at the World Cup? I'm thinking of having an each way bet on them. I watched them draw 2-2 against Spain recently and Chile looked a very good side, Spain were lucky to scrape a draw in injury time.

I'm thinking if Spain are second favs then Chile, with home(ish) advantage might be worth an each way bet at decent odds.

Its difficult to compare them to the European sides. I think the intensity that all the South American sides play at will surprise some people. Chile are now playing a little more like they were under Bielsa again, a huge difference to how they were under boring cunt Borghi.

I think they've got a great chance of getting to the semis, maybe even the final, with a favourable draw. They're capable of twatting anyone on their day, but similarly losing to some real shite as well. They'll score loads, and concede loads.

Vidal and Sanchez need to be right at the top of their game.

Just had a look and you can get them at 50s. Well worth a few quid, for me. As are Columbia at 33s and Uruguay at 40s. England are at 20s which, frankly, is fucking hilarious.