You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

proof - definition. American English definition of proof by Macmillan Dictionary

Information or evidence that shows that something is definitely true or definitely exists

speculation - definition. American English definition of speculation by Macmillan Dictionary

Ideas or discussion about why something has happened or what might happen

You see, "proof" and "speculation" are different things: that's why we have different words for them. You can speculate that there'd be no takers if we released Allen and/or Henderson: equally, people who know their arse from their elbow would speculate that there would be significant interest in these players.

Of course, when it comes to Sissoko, there's no need to speculate. He was released and there's only Reading who have shown any interest. (Just to clarify - because you obviously know nowt about football - Reading are not a "top team".)

So its alright with Kolo but not Momo to go hobo?

All the more reason to sign him on a free though.

End of the day yes clubs would be in for Allen or Hendo but it wouldnt be the top teams, he'd end up at Villa with Nigel Reo, Stevie Island and Billy Bonds and them with a paycut to go with his haircut. You know what I thought when I saw Allen? I bet he shops at next.

Henderson still has time I suppose, I'd like to see him in a turtle neck to be certain but everything else points to it, at best he might help us to the top 4 and, Im being generous here but Ill throw in a Carling cup win, fuck it Im givng the gear away here I'll also throw in a winning goal for him. They will be terminated whence we get to the promised land however. Sold to the highest bidder or else taken out and made to get on his knees before Tommy smith compassionately rings his neck and his neck too. To return their souls to the feint hope from whence they came and perhaps one of these whiff of hope clubs will be persuaded to overpay for him. Maybe a Di Canio or a Allardyce will be wrung dry and then maybe I will look back on this episode as a charming footballing shaggy dog tale that is mildly irritating if I think about it a bit too long. I can see from my wheelchair since they stepped through the door they've flattered to deceive, Allen is a welsh international for heavens sake. How long will it take till the reality starts downing on the rest of you?

You outta be ashamed of yeselves.

Until then I will continue to write them off, these kids are too old Momo is the futre and the longer you admit it the easier it will be. Of course I know my footy Ive yet to watch a full game this season and can still comfortably debate on the merits or shortcomings of the game in a refreshingly honest manner.

Its sad that its even coming to me having to defend not defending and not fawning over mediocre biffs on wedges with a fanny on each finger wearing the holy shirt.

Let me tell you something about Momo, this man, he is real. Hes a frog type player in the way that he works out there, as if football was a martial art, each match a mere toothpick to this machine of black steel. At first I thought his passing shortcomings where going to be his downfall but after 2 matches I was confident it wouldnt be an issue and it never was.

See people like Rodgers, as he has learned himself, put a godlen goose to the sword with this emphasis on possesion malarky, its who makes it happen out there that counts. Mancs dont need to dominate most games they win, they follow the same pattern, they are being battered by some plucky shit team and then bang, bang, bang, bang.

Somewhere out there another manc shirt is produced and a bankok lady boy is swallowing the load of martin gill and 3 points to the mancs.

Hopefully Rodgers has (as he hinted at) learned this lesson and Moyes is going to end this run of form.

Its pretty clear though that Momo should be brought in for a year at least. Hes amazing, people dont understand when you can influence a game like he can you dont need to be an amazing passer because the thing with Momo is he will always come out on top. When did his shit passing matter against Barca, there they are with all that fancy dan when momo cut through it like a hot knave? Get Xabi back in January and get on with it please. Xabi's passing can make up for Momos passing, in fact Xabi passes the ball for everyone who ever lived or died and even their imaginary mates. Do it not and who knows where we will be.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Looks a good shout that. Quick, strong and a good eye for a pass, definitely the kind of player who'd improve us.

I'm not saying he's the world's best player, but he's a player who can tackle as well as attack from deep, start attacks, cover ground, all that stuff. If we're going for players to build a squad capable of challenging but who aren't going to cost the earth, he's a good shout.

Momo's passing was erratic, that was his Achiles heel. If his passing game was up to scratch, he would have been one of the mainstays of our midfield from the day he was signed, and would still be here. Opposition midfield came into a game with a sense of dread, knowing those telescopic legs would be bullying them round the pitch the whole game. I fucking loved him, and there aren't many like him, but does that mean there is a place here for him ? Part of me says fuck yeah, the other part says that if he wasn't up to our standard 4 or 5 years ago and he hasn't improved, is he up to our standard now ? In which case our standards have dropped.

Fuck it yeah, I'd have him. Him, Kolo & Sakho would be like a red brick wall. Imagine the likes of the Stoke alehouse mob bullying Raheem only to find Momo in search & destroy mode ?

Having Rodgers' attempt at instilling a system into the side unravel because of a Momo moment would be rather infuriating to watch.

What does that even mean? What is a Momo moment? You are lost trying to say some point here, clearly.

Having Rodgers' attempt at instilling a system into the side unravel because of a Hendo moment would be rather infuriating to watch.

Having Rodgers' attempt at instilling a system into the side unravel because of a Allen moment would be rather infuriating to watch.

I mean, whats it about?

Momo's passing was erratic, that was his Achiles heel. If his passing game was up to scratch, he would have been one of the mainstays of our midfield from the day he was signed, and would still be here. Opposition midfield came into a game with a sense of dread, knowing those telescopic legs would be bullying them round the pitch the whole game. I fucking loved him, and there aren't many like him, but does that mean there is a place here for him ? Part of me says fuck yeah, the other part says that if he wasn't up to our standard 4 or 5 years ago and he hasn't improved, is he up to our standard now ? In which case our standards have dropped.

Fuck it yeah, I'd have him. Him, Kolo & Sakho would be like a red brick wall. Imagine the likes of the Stoke alehouse mob bullying Raheem only to find Momo in search & destroy mode ?

You figured all that out by yourself?

Having Rodgers' attempt at instilling a system into the side unravel because of a Momo moment would be rather infuriating to watch.

And yeah, there's something in that. And if a cock like Dennis can't see that, then they should ask why was he let go by us in the first place ?

The fact that he would probably win it back is moot. Momo with good distribution goes into the world class category for me. but if passing is your weak spot in a passing side, then you're a square peg in a round hole.

I'd have him as back up, but I wouldn't sit here and slag other young players off to boot, like some shitcunts do.

And our standards dropped the day we started getting "supporters" who "support" by sticking the boot in on young players because they're learning their trade under the spotlight at a big club.

Ring any bells Dennis, you complete shitcunt ?

Nah, it started when we traded the best playmaker in the world for not the best playmaker in the world. The best defensive midfielder in the world for not the best defensive midfielder in the world etc. etc.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

What does that even mean?

It's written in coherent English, I see how that might be confusing to you. You know, what with your lack of basic reading, writing, and comprehension skills.

A Momo moment has been explained: he's a shit passer of the football who can't pass the ball five yards with any consistency. Rodgers likes players to keep the ball, like Henderson and Allen. Rodgers seems to have the team picking up quite a few points. I'd not like to see that disrupted because of your spasticated need to complain about something.

Don't worry, though, January will be here soon and you can tell people how stupid they are for suggesting we might buy players. It'll give you a great opportunity to tell people 'they heard it here first'.