You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Apparently had his contract cancelled at PSG' date=' a few Premier League clubs looking at him, I would have him back as back up for Lucas, opinions ?[/quote']

No idea what he's like these days, but I fucking loved Momo. When he was on it, he was on it. An integral part of the best midfield in the world.

Wooooahhhhhhooooo,

We've got the best midfield in the world.

We've got Xabi Alonso, Momo Sissoko, Gerrard and Mascheranoooooo.

Best modern chant, I'd say. Reminds me of the great times under Rafa. That was a great time for fans. Finals, at home and abroad, holidays all around Europe for away days. Fucking great.

ayivhplxuwM

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Would not suit our current style of play.

Not if Rodgers wants players to be able to play the ball in a straight line over a space greater than about two feet. Watching him run 30 yards, slide in and win a 90/10 tackle was great, seeing him give the ball straight back wasn't so enjoyable.

Not if Rodgers wants players to be able to play the ball in a straight line over a space greater than about two feet. Watching him run 30 yards, slide in and win a 90/10 tackle was great, seeing him give the ball straight back wasn't so enjoyable.

Maybe I am blinded by my love for him but I really don't remember it being that bad - there was a little period after his eye injury but aside from that I don't think his passing was atrocious.

Might have to go back and watch some of our old games. I just want him back anyway because I love me some momo!

If you are going to deliberately defend leads against certain teams then I think he very much would suit that. I was thinking he'd be in his early 30's but Bjornebye says he's still only 28..

As Rafa used to say, he'd be an 'option'.

I can't imagine making a tackle and passing it a few yards to Lucas/Gerrard would be too hard. But then again people are saying that is exactly what he used to be shite at!

Leaving out Alberto, would I be correct in saying that we'll probably always need three from Gerrard, Henderson, Lucas and Allen?

We should really have looked at an additional body for the position over the window on a free or for a few million.

Momo used to give the ball away on purpose just so he could win it back again and not get bored. What a warrior though.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Maybe I am blinded by my love for him but I really don't remember it being that bad - there was a little period after his eye injury but aside from that I don't think his passing was atrocious.

Might have to go back and watch some of our old games. I just want him back anyway because I love me some momo!

He was pretty bad at playing it along the floor. Occasionally he'd hit a really good 30 yard pass in the air, but mainly he couldn't pass in a straight line. Pretty much the worst part of his game. His tackling was great, his passing wasn't up to much at all. Tiki-taki is out.

wasn't he meant to sign for Reading yesterday which suggests he isn't very good anymore?

Not seen him play since he was at Juventus I don't think, loved him at the time but even back then his passing was absolutely atrocious but I'll never forget that Community Shield where he "welcomed" Ballack to England

There were some matches where he was just sensational, totally unplayable and would destroy the opposition. This was all before his eye injury though, don't think he's been the same player since.

The eye injury was his first season against Benfica wasn't it? He was still good after he came back from that but from what I recall he picked up another injury the next season (possibly Birmingham in the League Cup) which he never seemed to recver from

I have a Sissoko shirt from back in the day. The only reason I have one is because the store where I bought it was all out of R`s for the name prints on the back. I guess the Gerrard and Carragher shirts used them all up.

I was kind of in a hurry and it was the first player I could think of who didn`t have any R`s in his name.

I haven't seen much of him since he left but if hes still got it he would be a good signing.Even though you would label him a dm his best strength is closing down players which Rodgers loves, him and Henderson playing would be great in games where we cant get the ball they both charge all over the place and have great engines.