You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man United (H) 01/09/2013

Dan

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Credit to wisdom he's been getting criticism but when he came on looked assured and was one of our better players.

Good win but the game showed why we needed another top player out wide, teams will look to stop coutinho and we need another top player to gives teams something else to think about.

Was particularly glad when he took it to the corner flag. Lad is as strong as a ox.

Fucking lovely!! What a win too of the league five points ahead of the mancs! Skrtel man of the matvh he should stay in the team now inly way to have comoetition for places.

We're like an american football team put our attavk out for first half and defend for second!

Come in the reds..

That's why we need a strong, creative midfielder; it's our weakest link at the mo.

Take Van Persie and Rooney out, they're no better than Stoke. We showed them for what they really are today....ordinary and scum.

Said to my mate during the game - Cleverley and Welbeck are just Villa and Fulham players in waiting. Utter average shite.

The champions should never be playing a 40 year old week in week out. That midfield of Young, Cleverley, Giggs and Carrick is horribly average.

Hopefully they will finally be exposed for the middle of the road players they are.

Chelsea and Man City absolutely murder them in terms of midfield ability, and i would even put us and Arsenal above them. They will be got out of jail by Van Persie's goals again tho. The end is coming but they will still be there or thereabouts come May.

Said to my mate during the game - Cleverley and Welbeck are just Villa and Fulham players in waiting. Utter average shite.

The champions should never be playing a 40 year old week in week out. That midfield of Young' date=' Cleverley, Giggs and Carrick is horribly average.

Hopefully they will finally be exposed for the middle of the road players they are.

Chelsea and Man City absolutely murder them in terms of midfield ability, and i would even put us and Arsenal above them. They will be got out of jail by Van Persie's goals again tho. The end is coming but they will still be there or thereabouts come May.[/quote']

Nicely said.

Now have a go at their defense.

Not a good second half but after the past few seasons of regularly playing well and failing to win I could happily get used to winning ugly. For all their possession I don't remember them having a single clearcut chance and hopefully a few other teams will have been watching that and realised how average a side they really are. If Spurs don't win then we can go into the international break top of the table which is a nice contrast to this time last season when we had 1 point after the first 3 games, and if Spurs do win we can have a good laugh at Arsenal so it's a win win situation.

yesssss!!!! Martin Skrtel thank you very much, boss performance regardless of what happens it will not be forgotten. Lucas and mignolet excellent and assured again and Daniel Sturridge just looks like he's going to score a goal everytime he steps foot on a pitch. Get the fuck it lads, i'm off to get pissed, enjoy it.

Get in! What a result!

It wasn't all positives, but when you're top of the league after beating United, everything looks rosy.

Skrtel is exactly what's needed in these types of games, just as Coutinho is not. Martin can be frustrating with his "get it away" approach to defending when we're up against one of the park-the-bus teams and need some possession to unlock them, but in these games where we just need someone to get in the right place at the right time and get the ball away, he's immense. Coutinho is the opposite; he shines when he's dancing around four defenders on the outside of the box and poking through a perfectly weighted pass to set up Sturridge. In these games where it's all blood and thunder and thumping challenges, and the other team has more of the ball, the game just seems to pass him by.

Man of the match for me is between Skrtel and Agger, probably give it to the Slovak. Henderson and Sturridge honourable mentions as well. Gerrard, Sterling, Johnson all very good in their own right also.

This is apparently what Gollum said after the game.

Manchester United manager David Moyes: "I thought we played really well. We had long periods of the game but couldn't score. Apart from the lapse in concentration for their goal, we played well.

"We got two or three opportunities but it was unfortunate we didn't take them.

"I thought Danny Welbeck got kicked in the back of the leg, for me it was a penalty.

"Phil Jones went over on his ankle, we don't know how bad it is.

"From what I saw today, I'm more than happy with what I've got. It's the best we've played this season. I wouldn't be worried if I didn't add to the squad."

Not a great game but I'll take any win against that shower all day long.

Henderson was excellent, as was the whole defence.

Hope Johnson's injury is not too serious- our first team is not bad (could do with a strong mobile CM and someone better than Aspas) but the squad still looks pretty thin. Can't afford too many injuries.

This is apparently what Gollum said after the game.

Manchester United manager David Moyes: "I thought we played really well. We had long periods of the game but couldn't score. Apart from the lapse in concentration for their goal, we played well.

"We got two or three opportunities but it was unfortunate we didn't take them.

"I thought Danny Welbeck got kicked in the back of the leg, for me it was a penalty.

"Phil Jones went over on his ankle, we don't know how bad it is.

"From what I saw today, I'm more than happy with what I've got. It's the best we've played this season. I wouldn't be worried if I didn't add to the squad."

This is apparently what the United board said after the game.

"Gentlemen, I think we've seriously fucked up."