You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man United (H) 01/09/2013

Dan

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

looks like Kolo will miss out for sure which will be a blow, other 2 didn't look to be as bad so might just be knocks and I'd expect them to be on the bench anyway

interesting what happens assuming Kolo out and no new face in by then, might bring Skrtel in a bit faster than would've done otherwise or only other option is Wisdom, think he'll develop into a cracking centre half but you don't exactly want to be playing someone there for the first time (albeit I think he did 3-5-2 a couple of times last year) in the league against Rooney and Van Persie

Think it was mourinho a few years back, playing one of rafas teams, saying with his central defenders out it was obvious that we’d play crouch and kuyt and they’d be battered. And they were. (Can't remember which game specifically). Skrtel and kolo possibly out, who in back four for this weekend, Gerrard maybe at right / right centre?

It's the problem with playing players in cup games.

If Skrtel is nursing an injury it was a really stupid risk to play Toure this evening. I'm a fan of Rodger's but theres no two ways about it. It's left us short now for Sunday.

Even if we bring another CB in before then. Imagine throwing them in the deep end end against the Mancs. Could be a fucking disaster.

Skrtel has to come in now for Toure. Damn! I was really looking forward to seeing Kolo's first goal at Anfield and against the Mancs as well would have been the icing.

Aspas and Lucas return in place of Sterling and Allen. Aspas really needs to get going now. He was rested for the Mancs, so needs to show that he can do the business.

Johnson and Agger need a severe jolt to the brain. Those two can't be coasting along half asleep in cloud cuckoo land against Rooney, Van Persie or Valencia.

I'd seriously think about starting Henderson, although I don't know who would be left out.

Skrtel has to come in now for Toure. Damn! I was really looking forward to seeing Kolo's first goal at Anfield and against the Mancs as well would have been the icing.

Aspas and Lucas return in place of Sterling and Allen. Aspas really needs to get going now. He was rested for the Mancs, so needs to show that he can do the business.

Johnson and Agger need a severe jolt to the brain. Those two can't be coasting along half asleep in cloud cuckoo land against Rooney, Van Persie or Valencia.

I'd seriously think about starting Henderson, although I don't know who would be left out.

Henderson for Alberto surely like in the first 2 games?

Am I the only one who thinks we'll get twatted? We need Luis for games like this.

Before this game I thought we'd twat them actually. Swansea flattered them and neither side looked great on Monday. We've played well in the league despite us only scoring one goal. Not too sure about a win now but I certainly don't think we'll get twatted. We always show up for this fixture, especially at home.

That said I may feel different when the team sheet rolls out. I'm not as down on wisdom as some are after yesterday (mainly because he played most of the game at rightback and I think he's better as a centerback) but ideally he wouldn't be starting against these obviously.

On any given day anybody can beat anybody else, it's an old cliche but its true.

Being honest, if a still lacking match fitness comes Skrtel comes in for Toure i'll be nervous. Equally so with Wisdom whos still obviously learning his trade and should be starting games like last night. Not this Sunday.

But I reckon we have enough in our locker to beat them. But equally so one fuck up from someone in our defence and Van Perstwat will punish us more than likely.

Would be nice to see 1 new face before Sunday to give us a bit of an edge.