You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Will we sign anyone between now and the last transfer day?

WhiskeyJar

We will sign anyone between now and the last transfer day?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. We will sign anyone between now and the last transfer day?

• We are going to sign someone soon or on the last day of the transfer window.
    • No, I can´t see any other new signings coming in.
    • The way this transfer window has gone, I really don´t know.

I reckon we will sign a centre back and that's it, I have always given FSG the benefit of the doubt, but going into the new season having the same shit happen 2 years in a row is completely unacceptable.

Leaving us short of players in positions which have been a priority since last summer just will not wash. People can bang on about not overpaying for targets, but that is the nature of the beast, clubs want top whack for their players, how can we complain when we are asking for £50m+ for Suarez exceptional player but so much baggage.

This has to be a make or break season for Rodgers, although I would like stability at the club, we just cannot slip further behind arse and spuds, as no matter how much we have to spend in future, if we have no European football then we will always be shopping in the £5-£15m bracket and hoping for the best and top level players just will not join us.

Don't think it will be a "marquee" signing, but we will sign someone. Probably a CB and an attacking player (midfielder/wide forward-type).

The latter will be the interesting one - the danger is that Rodgers complains that he's being left in the same position as last year when we shipped out Carroll with no one coming in to replace him, and we act foolishly on a Dempsey-type signing on deadline day. However, I think we'll avoid that and probably bring in a 15-20 million pound player sometime before the end of the window.

Ordinarily i'd say yes, but it's clear the last piece/s of the jigsaw are intended to be the bigger signings, and they're usually the ones that take time to complete unless you're willing to slightly overpay.

I was pretty confident until i read Rodgers' comments regarding the Willian deal. It just seems there's something not quite right in our process for going after that type of target.

I can't think of a deal this transfer window, for a known quality player, that hasn't been fairly quick and decisive with the buying club paying suitably for the priviledge of getting it done quickly.

I can see it going either way for us - we could stump up the cash and wrap up a deal for Arda in a couple of days, or we could haggle only to see Arsenal/Spurs swoop in and overpay by a few million.

Moses on loan from Chelsea is the absolute most I expect from FSG at this point. Can't see them being stupid enough to leave Rodgers high and dry again after having sold Downing over his head but I still voted "don't know" because I don't trust Henry.

I reckon we will sign a centre back and that's it, I have always given FSG the benefit of the doubt, but going into the new season having the same shit happen 2 years in a row is completely unacceptable.

Leaving us short of players in positions which have been a priority since last summer just will not wash. People can bang on about not overpaying for targets, but that is the nature of the beast, clubs want top whack for their players, how can we complain when we are asking for £50m+ for Suarez exceptional player but so much baggage.

This has to be a make or break season for Rodgers, although I would like stability at the club, we just cannot slip further behind arse and spuds, as no matter how much we have to spend in future, if we have no European football then we will always be shopping in the £5-£15m bracket and hoping for the best and top level players just will not join us.

How can it be when the club aren't signing the players he and the scouting department are recommending? I'd say Fenway are more in the spotlight than the manager.

Make or break season for Rodgers?

Now I've not exactly been his No1 fan so far but I have to disagree with that statement to a certain extent.

If he's not getting the players he wants and we're not improving the first team then how can he realistically be expected to finish any higher than 6th?

With the current squad and level of financial backing I would say a 6th place finish should guarantee him another season at least, anything less would be unfair (and probably unrealistic).

Im starting to warm to the idea of waiting until January, the required quality we need is not available now unless for ridiculous money it seems.

Our squad is good and in jan there will be players at top teams not playing who want to move to get games before the world cup.

It would be better for us if we could add a couple now but I don't think it will be a disaster if we don't.

How can it be when the club aren't signing the players he and the scouting department are recommending? I'd say Fenway are more in the spotlight than the manager.

He has signed 5 players this summer, this is now his squad. If he is being overly ambitious about our marquee player then that is his look out. He will live and die by that decision.

There are plenty of players out there who would improve us that maybe aren't the £25m signing that he is seeking, that is where the buck will stop with him.

With the owners, I believe it's a good thing they are setting maximum values for players, so that we don't get into bidding wars, but if it takes an extra couple of mil to secure our top target then I would like to think they will be saying to Brendan, just how important is he, and not just dismissing it out of hand.

My main gripe with the owners is the stadium, they need to get this resolved and fast, good will only lasts so long, they are starting to live on borrowed time(as in the trust factor).

Obviously just my opinions.

My option is not really there. I think we'll probably bring someone in, but I don't think it will be that high profile attacking player we've spent the summer talking about. I posted on this forum months back I would be shocked to see us spend more than about £5/6m net in fees and I don't really see that changing. The only spanner in the works could be if Madrid make a late bid for Suarez and fingers crossed the club either stand firm or insist on benzema and di Maria being part of the deal.

It's World Cup year and they'll want to play. If we say no deal without players and Madrid say if you don't go you won't be playing, then they may feel they've got to if they want to go the World Cup.

It's unlikely that we would be the only club interested in Di Maria and Benzema should Real Madrid decide to move them on. I just can't either player wanting to come here.