You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Next Caped Crusader Is...

skend04

Not being the comic book type why exactly would they clash when they are both 'goodies'?

Depends what story line they follow.

If you want it to a good story find the Dark Knight returns animated movies on line.

If you cant find it PM me im sure I have a link.

Horrible fucking casting... Affleck is not Bruce Wayne nor Batman.

Already ruined.

It was ruined when they decided to put Batman in there, regardless of who was going to play him. Superman should have been left to his own devices for another film (one that Mr Snyder had less to do with), taking on Brainiac, Luthor, the Parasite or someone.

A decent range of individual films for Superman, Green Lantern, Flash and Wonder Woman before feeding into a joint Justice League picture. Marvel showed that they can do each one with a different approach that suits the main character of the film so Warner Brothers could follow suit.

Could be ok....remember the fanboy melt down when Heath Ledger was made The Joker. For the record Josh Brolin or Richard Armitage would have been my choices,

Michael Keaton was hardly a popular choice back in the '80s. Kevin Conroy is still the best Batman.

Ledger was always great casting for anyone who actually knew his previous work other than 10 things I hate about you... I just don't see the rationale with affleck. I think their just after some post-argo cred.

No he wasn't, nobody had ledger down as the joker prior to it happening great actor or not. And there was plenty of scepticism at the annoumcement even though it turned out a great choice (albeit slightly over hyped because of his death).

No he wasn't, nobody had ledger down as the joker prior to it happening great actor or not. And there was plenty of scepticism at the annoumcement even though it turned out a great choice (albeit slightly over hyped because of his death).

Agreed except in brackets. Unnecessary.

I can't believe there's more anger at Affleck playing Batman then there is at Zack getting another go at a Superman movie.

Am probably more in agreement with this than any problems with Affleck. I just can't see the writing being of good enough quality for me to really give a shit if I watch it.

It was ruined when they decided to put Batman in there, regardless of who was going to play him. Superman should have been left to his own devices for another film (one that Mr Snyder had less to do with), taking on Brainiac, Luthor, the Parasite or someone.

It's certainly an odd choice to do it as anything other than a cameo. I wonder if it's down to the fact Man Of Steel hasn't had the reception the Nolan Batman films received, and execs have gotten cold feet, so are throwing their golden cash cow character back into the mix?

EDIT: By the way, Josh Brolin - outstanding shout.

This made me laugh a bit' date=' even if I don't agree with all of it. It looks like she's on a mission to troll some of us who take these films a bit too seriously, but still funny in places : Has Ben Affleck been sent in to kill off Batman? | Marina Hyde | Comment is free | The Guardian

She is a boss writer is Marina.

I enjoy reading everyone one of her columns.

Superman should have been left to his own devices for another film (one that Mr Snyder had less to do with), taking on Brainiac, Luthor, the Parasite or someone.

I would've preferred Brainiac too, but they'd have probably screwed it up anyway. With good enough writers it could've been brilliant. Maybe they were too scared that they'd have had to make an intelligent story if they had him as the villan or something, instead of over the top action and explosions.

Have got really cynical with it now and think we just had really good fortune to have those Batman films. Justice League might work, but only if they don't mess Goyer around and ruin whatever he decides to write. If he has freedom and they leave his script alone (or at least don't ask for too many changes to what he ends up with.) it's possible we might have something decent.

but only if they don't mess Goyer around and ruin whatever he decides to write. If he has freedom and they leave his script alone (or at least don't ask for too many changes to what he ends up with.) it's possible we might have something decent.

The same Goyer who was allowed an unalterwed script and destroyed the Blade series with Trinity