You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What do you want in an owner?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

An owner who refrains from overpromising and underdelivering. An owner who refrains from making noises about wanting CL football whilst underinvesting in a first team which needs investment to compete for the top 4.

An owner who knows the score with regard to the ins and outs of football. An owner who knows a useless sack of shit MD when he sees one and acts accordingly.

Too much to ask?

An owner who refrains from overpromising and underdelivering. An owner who refrains from making noises about wanting CL football whilst underinvesting in a first team which needs investment to compete for the top 4.

An owner who knows the score with regard to the ins and outs of football. An owner who knows a useless sack of shit MD when he sees one and acts accordingly.

Too much to ask?

Pretty much this.

For me it's a Billionaire Scouser season ticket holder who gets us and will spend £100m every transfer window buying any player that appears in a tweet alongside #LFC.

Oh and he'd break the bank to bring Rafa back whilst leaving Kenny and Rodgers as joint directors of football.

How about you guys?

an owner who knows the history of our club.. and realises that rome wasnt built in a day, managers need time, managers need a good backroom, and also wish "fans" had a bit of effin patience...

Too much to ask?

'bout right.

As long as he has enough money to build a new stadium and enough money to do whats needed to get us back winning titles and trophies based on an actual football knowledge I dont really care.

I've tried googling a Mr. S. Daddy, but all I'm getting is references to Thatcher and a shit Irish comedy.

I want a billionaire, foreign, sugar daddy. I would prefer if he/they had made their money pillaging a third world country and had been condemned by both human rights groups and economists as criminals.

I'll tell you why I want him/them, too. It's because I am a hysterical sky-generation so-called fan. I have never been to Anfield. I have no patience and am a shining example of Thatcherite "me, me, me" culture. To be honest, I don't like football, all that much, I just want to get one over on my mates at the office.

Rodgers wants them to back him for players he thinks would be perfect for Liverpool. He basically said so tonight.

Where has he said that? I'm watching his interview on LFCTV now and I never heard that. Just said he is disappointed to lose out but, we now have to move on and he's still looking to bring someone in, in the next 11 days.

Where has he said that? I'm watching his interview on LFCTV now and I never heard that. Just said he is disappointed to lose out but, we now have to move on and he's still looking to bring someone in, in the next 11 days.

I think the guardian quoted him as saying, in reference to Willian, "he'd have been perfect for us". Then went on to say he didn't come because of financial reasons.

I want a billionaire, foreign, sugar daddy. I would prefer if he/they had made their money pillaging a third world country and had been condemned by both human rights groups and economists as criminals.

I'll tell you why I want him/them, too. It's because I am a hysterical sky-generation so-called fan. I have never been to Anfield. I have no patience and am a shining example of Thatcherite "me, me, me" culture. To be honest, I don't like football, all that much, I just want to get one over on my mates at the office.

Sky and football is a long time ago now, anyone under 30 is 'sky generation'

It's just a crying shame really because we don't have the makings of a bad team but we seem determined to fuck it up because it will no doubt have Suarez leaving next summer and make no mistake Coutihno will be following him shortly afterwards.

It's not about wanting everything now but it's been 3 years, how long do you wait because the last two summers have shown what happens when you tread water, your better players are headhunted and before you can assemble this group of boss young players half them have had their heads turned by offers of bigger and better.

Arsenals model has shown nothing other then you become weaker as the years go by because gradually your good players are eroded from the side, this is why they are seen as the weakest of the top 4 clubs, that's without even going into the fact that Wenger is basically an anomaly and he is the single reason they have stayed where they are all this time. It's easy preaching to follow this model but don't they think everyone would do it if it was so easy? How many Arsene Wengers are there out there?

I'd like owners who don't promise that we can compete for signings at the top of the market without actually meaning it.

I'd like us to come out of transfer windows at most even, rather than turning a profit.

I'd like our chairman to take control of transfers away from the lousy schmuck Ayre. Goddammit, if Werner is even half as good at negotiation as Levy at Spurs is, we'll improve our transfer performance twofold. Step up to the plate, Tom, or step aside for someone who will do the job on a full-time basis.

I want an owner who is a Liverpool supporter. A proper supporter not just a casual observer.

I don't expect them to shell out £100m on transfers but just provide a healthy competitive budget for the manager to work with.

The big issues for me are getting the stadium re-development done and also reducing majority of ticket prices by at least 33%. embrace the corporate side and have luxury heated seating but kop and anny rd ticket prices should be £30 max for cat A games