You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Ray Donovan

Paul

Guest Numero Veinticinco

First couple of episodes I thought it had real potential, but it went downhill towards the end. I thought overall it was decent, nothing more.

I fucking hate his wife in it as well.

I watched the first three and binned it, glad I did now.

The best shows like Breaking Bad and the Sopranos mix the lighter parts with the necessary darker parts - this show had no humour and felt like you were watching a pastiche of all the great shows that it was trying to emulate. 

• Downvote 1

The plot is a bit meh but the characters and some of the acting is pretty good.

Im no student of accents but some of those Boston accents are a bit ropey.

Jon Voight is brilliant too. Steven Bauer as an Israeli is a bit of a stretch too.

Better than average and worth watching but not in the league of Breaking Bad,The Sopranos et al.

I enjoyed it, it was good though, not great.

He's wife is a nosey cunt through, needs a good slap - her, Carmela, Skylar etc are all ungrateful bitches.

Stock characters for US series. A bit like the difficult (but brave) 15 year old daughter and the wayward younger brother.

I thought it was a good show though.

First couple of episodes I thought it had real potential, but it went downhill towards the end. I thought overall it was decent, nothing more.

I fucking hate his wife in it as well.

I enjoyed it, it was good though, not great.

He's wife is a nosey cunt through, needs a good slap - her, Carmela, Skylar etc are all ungrateful bitches.

Perspective. I liked all the 'domestic' stuff and wanted to see more character development of him and his family. And I could absolutely see where she was coming from

• Downvote 1

I think it's crap and I'm probably not going to watch next season. There isn't anywhere near enough "fixer" stuff, which the adverts and hype had suggested would be central to the show, and the only person I find interesting is Mickey who is not on screen enough to justify putting up with the rest of the absurdity and repetitive, tedious, formulaic, family shite.

I think it's crap and I'm probably not going to watch next season. There isn't anywhere near enough "fixer" stuff, which the adverts and hype had suggested would be central to the show, and the only person I find interesting is Mickey who is not on screen enough to justify putting up with the rest of the absurdity and repetitive, tedious, formulaic, family shite.

Yeah, think I might fuck next season off. Don't know yet. It's in no way deserving of high praise anyway. The family stuff is tedious, Bunchy is annoying and any problems they have are resolved too easily by Ray waving a baseball bat at someone. There are a lot of better show out there, for sure.

How are people getting on with this?

I have to say that after my initial excitement its fallen a bit flat for me the last couple of episodes. Does the lack of posts give me a clue?

Flat???!!!??? Not enough murder or revelations about childhood for you?

The family stuff is shite. As mentioned before with the pain in the arse daughter too, with dodgy taste in men. I thought the whole show was a bit like that to be honest. I didn't think there was one likeable character but the reason they weren't likeable, is there was nothing to any of them, you just got to see the clichéd surface. I didn't think there was anything in the show most people could write.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...