You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Subtle signs that someone is probably a headcase

Section_31

I must be mental then because they give me headaches and make me puke.

Its making me feel a bit sick just thinking about it, although not quite as sick as when I have to walk past one of those Lush soap shops

Anyone who's just too fucking friendly when meeting for the first time.

Maybe I'm just a nerd and a misanthrope, like. But I've found the above to be true 84.3% of the time.

This. Don't like it one bit, prefer people to be standoff-ish while I decide if they are a cunt or not. I especially don't like people being over-familiar in the work place.

Reading this back to myself though possibly I am the weird one. Perhaps I just don't like people that much.

I used to work with a fella in his mid 40's who wore the same dull shirt and tie every day. He lived with his parents and came in every day with a packed lunch box with everything perfectly placed in it. He hated his job and you could see him fuming when we had to change the way we worked but kept dead calm. We seen him reading a book about guns one day. We were all shitting one in case he came in one day with a machine gun.

So glad I've moved jobs.

Probably does't fall into the category of subtle, but about 15 years ago I worked with a secretary who was in her late 50s who was off with a prolonged period of illness. Myself and one of the other lads in our department decided to go and visit her to see how she was, as we knew she was unmarried with no kids and never mentioned family, so we felt a bit tight for her.

Anyway, we arrive at her flat with some chocolates and a card, and she invites us in for a cuppa, and when we get to the living room we step into the kingdom of the fucking teddy bears. There was a narrowly defined path from the door to a single small space on one of the sofas where she could sit opposite the telly, but everywhere else - floor, sofas, furniture, top of tv - was wall to wall teddies. And when she rearranged some (moved would be too strong a word) so we could perch on the edge of a seat, she referred to them by name.

Ten minutes of tea and polite conversation and we were out of there.

Probably does't fall into the category of subtle' date=' but about 15 years ago I worked with a secretary who was in her late 50s who was off with a prolonged period of illness. Myself and one of the other lads in our department decided to go and visit her to see how she was, as we knew she was unmarried with no kids and never mentioned family, so we felt a bit tight for her.

Anyway, we arrive at her flat with some chocolates and a card, and she invites us in for a cuppa, and when we get to the living room we step into the kingdom of the fucking teddy bears. There was a narrowly defined path from the door to a single small space on one of the sofas where she could sit opposite the telly, but everywhere else - floor, sofas, furniture, top of tv - was wall to wall teddies. And when she rearranged some (moved would be too strong a word) so we could perch on the edge of a seat, she referred to them by name.

Ten minutes of tea and polite conversation and we were out of there.[/quote']

Very few of the other contributions could be regarded as subtle.

Your post reminded me of a foster carer I visited once who had a collection of dolls dressed in Victorian style costumes lined up along her hall and up the stairs. Gave me the creeps and I was just visiting.

Ha! Nah nothing interesting just a bird I worked with and an ex both had exactly the same dynamic going on with their mates. One alternated between two 24 year old friends who were kids of her parents' best mates' date=' she'd fall out with one and then start going out with the other - both dizzy as fuck, and essentially lead them around by the hand to wherever she wanted to go. The other used to try and live vicariously through her younger mate but would usually end up crying after a night out. My mate's ex had no friends either so she used to come out with us all the time, and she was a cunt.

[b']I think women make friends easier than lads, as a rule[/b], and to have none means you're probably fucked up.

Not sure I agree with that. My missus has quite a small number of friends, and many if them don't know each other, so that group can feel even smaller still.

Lots of people like her, so she could have lots of friends, but most girls (in Leeds, anyway) are boring, infantile, twats, so she can't abide nearly every living girl she meets, for one reason or another.

Not sure I agree with that. My missus has quite a small number of friends, and many if them don't know each other, so that group can feel even smaller still.

Lots of people like her, so she could have lots of friends, but most girls (in Leeds, anyway) are boring, infantile, twats, so she can't abide nearly every living girl she meets, for one reason or another.

He did say 'as a rule'and in my experience I'd say he was right. I'd say mens' friendships tend to be different than women's too, often being based around some activity. Cut out the activity and do the friendships persist? I've lost count of the number of friends who comment on their partners having no real friends

A one night stand telling you to put your seat belt on in the back of the taxi when you are dropping her off after a night of debauchery. But going on about it from the minute you both got in the taxi to her getting pushed out on her drive.

I didn't even want her, I wanted her mate. Who I'd had previous nights of debauchery with.

When you tell someone to fuck off, for about 4 years, and they keep coming back, so you let your guard down and rattle them, then they tell you they love you.

Its wrong I know, but my ex (who was and is still a fucking headcase) when I lost my job had to move in with her after about 4 weeks of being together. After another week or so realised she was a proper headcase. Anyway moved out and left her. I used to text her tgough to come round fo a fuck occasionally. I used to tell her how much I didn't like her and by my own admitions treated her like shit but she kept on blowing. Proper head case