You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Songs that send you into a homicidal rage...

neko

On the wings of love. The guy is made up with that title he thinks it's pure fucking poetry, so much that he has to sing it about a million times during the song it gets to the point where every time he says it I get more and more angry. It's not poetry on the wings of love is shit imagery.

Oh and all by myself, depressing shite from a grown man.

• Upvote 2

On the wings of love. The guy is made up with that title he thinks it's pure fucking poetry, so much that he has to sing it about a million times during the song it gets to the point where every time he says it I get more and more angry. It's not poetry on the wings of love is shit imagery.

Oh and all by myself, depressing shite from a grown man.

Don't you just want to slap him and tell him to sack up and get down the pub?

(Edit - I may have just fallen foul of these people. https://www.thecalmzone.net/ )

I never watch adverts.  If I can't fast-forward or turn over, I will at least mute them.  This is wise, as more often than not, people try to sell you shit you don't need at prices you can't afford by polluting your ears with some breathy-voiced student cunt doing a fuck-awful cover version of a classic.

(Incidentally, I see a lot of people getting genuinely excited about Christmas adverts.  That's when you know it's time to phone Putin and say "I heard David Cameron say he's not scared of your nukes, because you're too much of a pussy to use them."  I've no idea what music is used on the latest penguin bollocks advert that feeble-minded addlepates are moistening their gussets over, but I promise to despise it if I ever find out.)

It's originally a Beatles track.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Q2a24lmFTk

I've no idea who covered it for the advert and I'm not arsed about finding out either.

• Upvote 1

Fairytale of New York. Its over played, over rated and going to wreck my head between now and January.

This is a great song that's been cheapened by getting overplayed year in, year out.

All the other Christmas songs that you'll hear the same amount of times were shite to start with, so they haven't lost a thing.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

Maybe not homicidal rage, but 'Best Day Of My Life' by American Authors is fucking annoying plinky plonky shit that seems to be in every movie trailer or advert that purports to be about happy times or finding yourself or beacon of positivity that Facebook cunts can lap up when they need an attention-seeking fix.

Last year some independent trainer came in to do a days course. How I got through the day without stabbing him to death it beyond me. He was a skinny bald black fella of average height who looked like the lead singer out of the Lighthouse family.

I turned round to my mate and said "don't you reckon he's the lead singer out the lighthouse family?".

When he started doing his PowerPoint presentation he was very annoying, bigging himself up and referring to himself in the third person, also randomly talked for 25 minutes about his son playing for Aston Villas youth team.

However, every time he stopped the PowerPoint presentation he put on a CD or a download of the Lighthouse family's "greatest hits" and played this as background music ALL FUCKING DAY.

By the end of the day me and my mate wanted to bludgeon him to death. As he was staying in the Travelodge on Tithebarn Street he asked if there were any decent pubs nearby.

I said "oh yeah, there's this great place at the bottom of Stanley Street called the Lisbon, they serve Portuguese food, you should go there". He'd Defo be lifted in there.

haha!

Any cover of a song that's been pared down until it's just a plinky plonk grade 1 out-of-tune piano accompanying a simpering male or winsome female voice.  Usually a couple of major chords turned into minor chords to complete the melancholic vibe.  Infantilising shite. I fucking DESPISE these cunts, and there would be not the slightest pang of regret as I fire up the chainsaw and dismantle them and the piano.   

• Upvote 2

Any cover of a song that's been pared down until it's just a plinky plonk grade 1 out-of-tune piano accompanying a simpering male or winsome female voice.  Usually a couple of major chords turned into minor chords to complete the melancholic vibe.  Infantilising shite. I fucking DESPISE these cunts, and there would be not the slightest pang of regret as I fire up the chainsaw and dismantle them and the piano.   

Couple of years time and you'll be able to buy "John Lewis; The Adverts", which will hold about 0.01% of the total released in the above style.

I fucking hate any song that sweeps the country like that, I think the last one was Don't stop Believing by Journey.

'Ooh, everyone else is using this song so we'll stick it on our advert/programme/radio show/compilation/party list.'

Just fuck off.

I find the easiest way to avoid all this pap is to never listen to local radio or watch any of the music channels. Obviously some of it will filter through but i'm mainly immune to the majority of things made after 2000, unless it's someone i actually like, who i will then actively seek out.  

Older songs that grind my gears, however, are "the Whole of the Moon" by The Waterboys, "American Pie" by Don Mclean and "Bohemian Rhapsody" by Queen. All overplayed, ubiquitous, ear cancer.

That 'all about the bass' song REALLY fucking gets to me, no song has sent me into a rage quite like this since East 17 were in the charts. I fucking can't fucking stand the fucking thing, it actually angers me whenever I hear it.

I just came into the thread to post the same thing. I fucking hate it. The singer looks like Jonah Hill in drag. Ugly twat.

Fuck me. If you are forced to listen to Heart, you'll get that All About The Bass 4 times a cunting day!

Not only that they seem to have a list that they must not stray from whilst telling you "you're gonna love this next track".

A typical day on Heart involves:

Pharrell - "Happy"

A whole host of fucking Sam Smith tracks

Jon Legend -"All Of Me"

Snap -"Rhythm Is A Dancer" & "The Power" as two of their "Club Classics" that you haven't heard for ages although the last smug twat DJ played them on their show.

Any shite from Rihanna

This new X Factor cunt.

Ginger Bollocks Ed Sheeran.

Taylor Cuntface Swift - "Shake It Off"

On Monday, the radio is being switched back to Absolute as soon as I walk through the door. The boss's wife who doesn't like Rock can get to fuck as well, the crusty old thatcherite twat.

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...